Find
Notify
Tools

Firefly fans Login/Join 
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted
For my fellow Firefly fans...Amazon has the 15th Anniversary Blu-ray Collector's Edition for only $14.96 right now:

https://www.amazon.com/Firefly...+anniversary+edition

and the Serenity Blu-ray for only $7.88:

https://www.amazon.com/Serenit...rds=serenity+blu+ray

I bought both. Enjoy! Smile

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Well worth the money, if you don't own it already.

I have the previous Blu-Ray set already, and unfortunately, there's no new content or special features in this 15th Anniversary set. Just a new/different case.

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
So, other than the packaging, there's nothing added to make this more enticing than owning the standard version. Or just watching it on Amazon Instant, since it's on there now.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
Well, since I never watched the series until I ran across it on Netfilx a couple of years ago, I hadn't yet bought it on physical media. I like streaming services, especially if it is Netflix or free on Amazon Prime, but I also like having the discs since the availability of streaming content tends to change and vary. I'd rather know that I can watch it whenever I want, at least the shows and movies I really like. The fact that it was a 15th Anniversary Collectors Edition at a great price was just the icing on the cake for me.

-Dtech

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rats - I was hoping this thread would have news of a series return, or another movie. Although, with the death of some of the main characters in "Serenity", the character of the show would be too much changed.

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Thanks. It's been in my watch list since September. I can't find my Serenity DVD so I will get the bluray. Not bad, less than $25 shipped with tax and I can finally display my Serenity model.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8013 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by marksman41:
Rats - I was hoping this thread would have news of a series return, or another movie. Although, with the death of some of the main characters in "Serenity", the character of the show would be too much changed.

I believe there are stories in the Firefly universe that came after the events in Serenity, so I don't see why a new TV series wouldn't be possible, if Whedon so chose to pursue one.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I believe Disney now owns the rights to firefly with its purchase of Fox

Given what Disney has done to Star Wars I am fine if they decide to not produce anymore firefly

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevbo:

Given what Disney has done to Star Wars I am fine if they decide to not produce anymore firefly

I took the family to Universal Orlando over the holidays and funny enough, in the shop over next to where the Terminator show use to be (it appears to be closed now), they actually had some Firefly items like T-shirts and a few other items. Now I kinda wished I had grabbed one of the black T-shirts that had the Firefly outline schematic like drawing on the front. It wasn't overly detailed but still pretty cool.

-Dtech

Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:

Does that mean Inara is a Disney princess?

The line for her autograph will be yuge! Cool

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21839 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I don’t know how that works, honestly

Universal had the movie rights to serenity

But Fox retained the rights to the Firefly tv show

Disney bought Fox, but not universal (I think?). So maybe universal retains the movie rights?

Who knows

quote:
Originally posted by Dtech:
quote:

I took the family to Universal Orlando over the holidays and funny enough, in the shop over next to where the Terminator show use to be (it appears to be closed now), they actually had some Firefly items like T-shirts and a few other items. Now I kinda wished I had grabbed one of the black T-shirts that had the Firefly outline schematic like drawing on the front. It wasn't overly detailed but still pretty cool.

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
quote:

LOL!!!!

And I suspect that the line wouldn't be filled with kids! Big Grin

-Dtech

Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don’t know how that works, honestly

Universal had the movie rights to serenity

But Fox retained the rights to the Firefly tv show

Disney bought Fox, but not universal (I think?). So maybe universal retains the movie rights?

Who knows

quote:
Originally posted by Dtech:
quote:

Actually it could be that they were just some leftover items Universal was trying to get rid of because that particular store had some other themed items that I did not see in other Universal stores around the park as well and it felt more like a clearance or leftover selection of items more than a conventional inventory. That was my impression anyway.

-Dtech

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
quote:

Eh *shrug* I was always kinda partial to

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
The group Broken Bells, made up of artist/producer Danger Mouse and James Mercer of The Shins, made a sci-fi themed video for one of their songs a few years ago featuring the extremely hot and bodacious Christina Hendricks. You Firefly fans might like to check it out:

That's the Broken Bells guys at the very end inside the spaceship.

Posts: 33773 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post