SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Bob Seger in concert?, coming to Chicago November 17
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bob Seger in concert?, coming to Chicago November 17 Login/Join 
Picture of grumpy1
posted
Bob Seger is coming to Chicago November 17. I have not been to a concert in a long time and would love to see Bob Seger and never have before.

Anyone seen him perform within the last five or so years and if so did you really enjoy the concert? Tickets won't be cheap but I don't mind if the show is good.

Thanks for sharing any experiences.

Posts: 9737 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He was here (Moline IL) a few weeks ago, I did not go. Here's a very positive review with positive comments as well:

http://www.qconline.com/opinio...82-24770a1a1300.html

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
Saw him in Wichita, last year. Was a great show. Go if you can.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The last time I saw him was 1976. He opened for BTO. Good concern but it seems I remember the smell of burning rope.

Jim

Posts: 1338 | Location: Northern Michigan | Registered: September 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mttaylor1066
posted Hide Post
The wife and I saw him at Madison Square Garden a few years back. She occasionally points out how great a concert that was.

Go.

You won't be disappointed

Company, villainous company hath been the spoil of me.

Posts: 1598 | Location: Stamford, CT | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Daughter saw him in Denver three years ago. She would go again.
He will be in Billings, MT in November.

PC

Posts: 1336 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw him about 3 years ago. That voice is still there, that's for sure....great show.

Started the show with Roll Me Away....love that song.

Posts: 722 | Location: Maine | Registered: October 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reinforcement. Wife booked some tickets a little while ago at Allstate Arena. Going day after my 66th birthday. Smile

Posts: 9737 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ptb351:
I saw him about 3 years ago. That voice is still there, that's for sure....great show.

SWEET! One of my favorite all time songs too. I hope he does Travelin Man and Beautiful Loser too.

Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
He was here (Moline IL) a few weeks ago, I did not go. Here's a very positive review with positive comments as well:

http://www.qconline.com/opinio...82-24770a1a1300.html

Thanks for that info. Glad to hear it was a great show.

TWO HOURS of Bob Seger will be amazing.

Good, bad, I'm the
guy with the gun
Picture of 45ProCarry
posted Hide Post
We saw him when he did his Ride Out tour. Superb concert. Worth the money.

Posts: 2343 | Location: USA | Registered: May 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:
quote:

SWEET! One of my favorite all time songs too. I hope he does Travelin Man and Beautiful Loser too.

I remembered hearing both but had to check online as to the sequence...played Beautiful Loser right after Travelin Man when we saw him.

I couldn't believe he still had that voice...great show. You will love it.

Posts: 722 | Location: Maine | Registered: October 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I was thinking about seeing this same show.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38646 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:
quote:

I remembered hearing both but had to check online as to the sequence...played Beautiful Loser right after Travelin Man when we saw him.

I couldn't believe he still had that voice...great show. You will love it.

Thanks for the update! "Those are the memories that make me a wealthy soul" Smile

I found this. If this is the set list or close to it I will be ecstatic.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist...lls-mi-63e27aeb.html

posted Hide Post
Not good.

http://www.kcci.com/article/bo...l-condition/12774324

Bob Seger postpones Des Moines concert due to medical condition

Bob Seger announced Tuesday that he will have to postpone upcoming tour dates upon receiving his doctor’s orders to attend to an urgent medical issue

Updated: 2:45 PM CDT Oct 3, 2017

DES MOINES, IA —
Bob Seger announced Tuesday that he will have to postpone upcoming tour dates upon receiving his doctor’s orders to attend to an urgent medical issue concerning his vertebrae. No further details are available at this time.

Seger commented “I’m so disappointed to have to suspend the tour as the band is on a great roll. It’s a privilege to play for our amazing fans. Hoping to be back out on the road very soon.”

Seger and his Silver Bullet Band played the 13th sold out show of their 2017 Runaway Train Tour last Thursday in Pittsburgh. On Saturday, Seger had to postpone his 14th show in Columbus. He was scheduled to play in Des Moines at Wells Fargo Arena on Tuesday, October 10.

Rescheduled dates will be announced when available. Tickets sold for concerts that are being rescheduled will be honored at the new dates. More info can be found at www.bobseger.com.

The following tour dates have been postponed:

Sep 30 Columbus, OH Nationwide Arena
Oct 5 Greenville, SC Bon Secours Wellness Arena
Oct 7 Atlanta, GA Infinite Energy Arena
Oct 10 Des Moines, IA Wells Fargo Arena
Oct 12 St. Louis, MO Scottrade Center
Oct 14 Kansas City, MO Sprint Center
Oct 19 The Woodlands, TX Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion
Oct 21 Frisco, TX Ford Center at The Star
Oct 24 Austin, TX Frank Erwin Center
Oct 26 Denver, CO Pepsi Center
Oct 28 Phoenix, AZ Talking Stick Resort Arena
Nov 2 Oakland, CA Oracle Arena
Nov 4 Inglewood, CA The Forum
Nov 7 Boise, ID Ford Center
Nov 9 Portland, OR Moda Center
Nov 11 Seattle, WA KeyArena
Nov 13 Billings, MT Rimrock Auto Arena
Nov 15 St. Paul, MN XCEL Energy Center
Nov 17 Chicago, IL Allstate Arena

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
Sounds like back or neck surgery.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Dang.

Bob Seger is no spring chicken any more at age 72 and his schedule had a lot of concerts on it for this fall.

At least the concerts have not been cancelled so far.

Get well soon Mr. Seger.

Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
was in Toledo this summer as a warmup for the tour. He's still great, voice a bit deeper, energy level a bt less, but if you'd never seen him before, you would'nt notice. he Silver Bullet Band, and Alto Reed, are still terrific. The whole concert is on U Tube.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
He just cancelled the KC show due to health. Hope he comes back. Love to see him.

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
Would love to see him again! It's been many years.
I hope the Phx show isn't cancelled.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post