SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Avengers: Infinity War. ** WARNING ** This is the spoiler thread **
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Avengers: Infinity War. ** WARNING ** This is the spoiler thread ** Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted
Hoe-lee fuck.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I don’t generally do this but

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/8680089044

5 threads below this one

I went to check and no spoilers in there that I see

Maybe change this one to a spoilers thread?

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Thanks for that....

I was "searching" for Avengers and did not find that key word in a thread title.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
No worries man, I almost didn’t go look in the other thread because I haven’t seen it yet and based on your title thought someone had put spoilers in there

Then I was weak and went and read it anyway Smile

Glad it was good

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
So this movie revealed a huge continuity error dating all the way back to Thor, in that Thanos recently had the Infinity Gauntlet commissioned. So just what is the reasoning behind the Gauntlet shown in Odin's treasure hall?

I have a difficult time believing that none of the others who've made the journey to the location of the Soul Stone didn't make the choice required to attain it.

Despite the results of the movie, I wasn't at all moved by the deaths of the fallen heroes, since many of them have upcoming films in the next few years. I realize a few won't be returning at all, but I know others will and it was rather anticlimactic to see them die.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Despite the results of the movie, I wasn't at all moved by the deaths of the fallen heroes, since many of them have upcoming films in the next few years. I realize a few won't be returning at all, but I know others will and it was rather anticlimactic to see them die.

While I agree with you, I was watching with my 15 year old son. He's not quite as jaded as we are yet, hit him kinda hard.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
When the people were dusting out of existence, my 11-yr old son said, they've got contracts for more movies so they will fix it next year and let those with expiring contracts die.

I guess he keeps up with it more than I do.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
He's not quite as jaded as we are yet, hit him kinda hard.

There were several gasps from adults when certain heroes passed. Loudest was for Groot.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
My biggest surprise in this film was the appearance of the Red Skull. I wasn't expecting him in the story at all.

Posts: 3369 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Red Skull thing is one that has me wondering as well. Did they just use him because they could, is he free now that he is no longer guarding the stone?

Posts: 2489 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: July 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Was it just me or did Red Skull not sound like Hugo Weaving?

Posts: 715 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: December 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It wasn't. He apparently has no interest in returning for the role even though he is still technically under contract. It was an actor from the walking dead I believe.

Posts: 2489 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: July 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess we are to assume that Valkyrie, Korg and Meek got killed with the rest of the Asgardians?

I know that it’s a huge undertaking to do Infinity War but they failed again on developing the villain. I don’t know that any of the Black Order even get their names mentioned.

Posts: 715 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: December 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Peanut71:
I guess we are to assume that Valkyrie, Korg and Meek got killed with the rest of the Asgardians?

I think we're supposed to understand that any engagement where Thanos or his forces kill people, it's only half the population. This doesn't explain the fate of those three. Perhaps they're located in another part of the ship.

Picture of bashman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
quote:

I think we're supposed to understand that any engagement where Thanos or his forces kill people, it's only half the population. This doesn't explain the fate of those three. Perhaps they're located in another part of the ship.

Even if they were located in another part of the ship, wouldn't have mattered, since Thanos blew the ship up before he left. They would have been killed anyway.

A man who does not read has no appreciable advantage over the man who cannot read.

Posts: 1192 | Location: Charlotte | Registered: July 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bashman:
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
quote:

Even if they were located in another part of the ship, wouldn't have mattered, since Thanos blew the ship up before he left. They would have been killed anyway.

Didn't the Warriors Three die in Thor Ragnarok?

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

If you want peace, prepare for war.

Posts: 309 | Location: Clackamas, OR | Registered: January 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
Well ... so many gone ...

But it's not over is it.

Look forward to Captain Marvel.
And will Colson step in for the next installment.

Infinity Crusade anyone?

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
I did a search on Captain Marvel and read that Coulson would be in that movie and it would be set in 1999 so he would be younger.

Posts: 3369 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by silverspyder1996:
Didn't the Warriors Three die in Thor Ragnarok?

They did. But Thor met Valkyrie, Korg, and Meek for the first time on Sakaar.

For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Who did Nick page at the end? Was it Captain Marvel?

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post