SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Avengers: Infinity War. ** WARNING ** This is the spoiler thread **
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Avengers: Infinity War. ** WARNING ** This is the spoiler thread ** Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Yes Hulk won't come out to play because Thanos kicked his ass.

If Scarlett Witch can destroy Infiniti stones then why not try to destroy the ones on the gauntlet?

I thought it was good, lots of action. We all know they won't stay dead, but it was still cool to see them fail.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
I loved the way Thor kept referring to Rocket as a "Rabbit".

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
Saw it again last night, something was bugging me and it became apparent after the second viewing...The Black Order is de-powered.

The crew known as Thanos' Children are supposed to be murderous interplanetary ass-kickers. Ebony Maw is killed by simply getting sucked into the vacuum of space? The scene in the Edinburgh train station, Proxima Midnight and Corvus Glaive should've been able to kill Black Widow, Falcon and at least seriously would Captain America, instead Glaive is wounded by his own glaive, impossible since his immortality is derived from the weapon itself. The battle in Wakanda, there's a featured all women battle, Proxima Midnight would've killed them all but Scarlet Witch. Cull Obsideon gets dragged across Wakanda's shield after fighting Banner in the Hulk Buster suit...his skin is impenetrable like the Hulk.

I think every character in the MCU is depowered compared to their comic counterparts. Hulk, Strange, Thor especially.

quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:

If Scarlett Witch can destroy Infiniti stones then why not try to destroy the ones on the gauntlet?

I thought it was good, lots of action. We all know they won't stay dead, but it was still cool to see them fail.

I am under the impression that Scarlett Witch could only take out the Mind Stone because he powers were given by the that stone. I don't think all 6 stones have the same energy signature.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
Marvel Cinematic Universe reminds me of DC's Injustice universe, in that everyone is strong enough to fight evenly with everyone, for the purpose of the game.

Posts: 1997 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of trickedtrix
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed the movie, my 22 yr old daughter did not - the ending really bothered her. I reminded her there's a 2nd part next year, but she didn't care, apparently she was more interested in being angry about her fallen heroes lol.

As a kid I only paid attention to Spider-Man, so the other avengers I know little about, but it certainly seems that Thor is meant to be the ultimate bad-ass in this Hollywood universe.

*Handguns are fine, Shotguns are final

Posts: 1236 | Location: IL | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Just it a few days ago, it’s a piece of dog poo of a movie...thanos did even have a proper army, before he got all the stones they could have stopped him. Loki game him the mind stone knowing thanos could still kill him. Thor went off to acquire some new power ( how convenient, he didn’t do that on Thor ragnarok)
Hulk gave on fighting after being handed his ass for the first time...doesn’t seem heroic at all...scarlet witch, captain America, falcon, vision, black panther etc all happened to be useless. Strange, iron man, spider man put up a good fight but the idiot from guarding of the galaxy (which is a crappy movie just to be clear) ruined the plan and effort to defeat thanos. This is summary of the movie and it’s 10 mark out of a hundred for me.

Posts: 90 | Registered: December 23, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
We all know where it’s leading to marvel comics movies are so predictable...they are gonna get the time stone from thanos and bring back everyone...dr strange had the time stone but won’t use it to fight against thanos, if he did...he would have wine the fight...like who’s gonna fight against time ? I upcoming batman movie will be something to see.

Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sagemind100:
Just it a few days ago, it’s a piece of dog poo of a movie...thanos did even have a proper army, before he got all the stones they could have stopped him. Loki game him the mind stone knowing thanos could still kill him. Thor went off to acquire some new power ( how convenient, he didn’t do that on Thor ragnarok)
Hulk gave on fighting after being handed his ass for the first time...doesn’t seem heroic at all...scarlet witch, captain America, falcon, vision, black panther etc all happened to be useless. Strange, iron man, spider man put up a good fight but the idiot from guarding of the galaxy (which is a crappy movie just to be clear) ruined the plan and effort to defeat thanos. This is summary of the movie and it’s 10 mark out of a hundred for me.

Well, the forum 12 year old has chimed in. Roll Eyes

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

What did I just read...

Posts: 14574 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:

What did I just read...

It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
quote:

What did I just read...

It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again.

PRECIOUS!!!

Posts: 14574 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
Why was StormBreaker given to Thor? That's Beta Ray Bill's hammer. I guess BRB won't be featured at all... Mad

Posts: 2640 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rawny:
Why was StormBreaker given to Thor? That's Beta Ray Bill's hammer. I guess BRB won't be featured at all... Mad

I think BRB's head was featured on the 'arena planet' in Thor III (where they were making Hulk's face in metal on that big tower). . . That means that BRB was a former champion - status unknown following the revolt on that planet.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21821 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:

Says it came from Texas but it sounds more like something outta Indy...

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:

She could’ve done it anytime, vision should’ve been quarantined with lots of guards...did see the United state or world government involvement. There’re so many questions that’s left unanswered.