SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Avengers: Infinity War. ** WARNING ** This is the spoiler thread **
Page 1 2 3 4 5 

Moderators: parabellum
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Avengers: Infinity War. ** WARNING ** This is the spoiler thread ** Login/Join 
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post


Thanos was just a concerned father - he beloved daughter was hanging out with sketchy company (and her boyfriend WAS a criminal, after all).




And, it WAS because of him that the Avengers were able to come back together. . .




If it hadn't been for Thanos, Spider-Man would NOT have become an avenger. Also, Thanos caused Tony to open up and finally give Peter the 'father-figure' affirmation he desperately needed.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Hound Dog,



No arsenal is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women.
Ronald Reagan
 
Posts: 20167 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bashman:
Anyone else notice that the one scene that was in the trailer, and all over the promotional material (see the pic below) had the Hulk running towards the fight with Team Cap? But he was nowhere to be seen in the movie outside the first 10 minutes? I wonder if this was done as a distraction, or if it was edited after the trailers were produced?


Common marketing method they've been using for awhile. Accurate, no. Gets you excited there's a big fight, yes.
 
Posts: 8167 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I saw it yesterday afternoon. I liked it but not as much as Captain America: Civil War.

I thought the way they used flashbacks to tell the story of Thanos was well done.

Especially liked the way Captain America made his first appearance in the movie.

Dr. Strange and Scarlet Witch are very powerful. It'll be interesting to see how Stark gets back from Titan. I presume that they will have to use the time stone to go back in order to fix what Thanos did? If so, who is going to use it since Dr. Strange turned to ash?


_____________

Edmond
 
Posts: 9570 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
I saw it yesterday afternoon. I liked it but not as much as Captain America: Civil War.

I thought the way they used flashbacks to tell the story of Thanos was well done.

Especially liked the way Captain America made his first appearance in the movie.

Dr. Strange and Scarlet Witch are very powerful. It'll be interesting to see how Stark gets back from Titan. I presume that they will have to use the time stone to go back in order to fix what Thanos did? If so, who is going to use it since Dr. Strange turned to ash?


The Milano is on Titan from when the Guardians showed up. I'm guessing Nebula will be giving him a ride.
 
Posts: 2681 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
I went to see it last night with my two boys. As rushed as the movie was, jumping right into it after Thor Ragnarok, we still enjoyed it. It was literally all action, all the time. Some of the wisecracks from Thor and Star Lord seemed out of place considering the losses around them but whatever. I read that they filmed Avengers 4 right after Infinity War back-to-back so we just have to wait a year to see how they undo everything and bring everyone back.

On to Deadpool 2!!! And Antman and Wasp, meh...
 
Posts: 432 | Registered: November 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I liked the part where Stark old Banner the Avengers broke up. Banner was like, "broke up? Like a band? Like the Beatles?" LOL.


_____________

Edmond
 
Posts: 9570 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Obviously not a golfer
Picture of g8rforester
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
...
How did Heimdall and Thor use the Bifrost? It was destroyed on Asgard. The machinery shown to activate it is massive. They even stated that it was inoperative after Thor 1 when Thor destroys the bridge to save Jotenheim (Loki asks Thor in Avengers 1 "How much Dark Matter did Odin have to summon to bring him to Earth"). Now, with the entire PLANET it was on reduced to ashes, it still works. Because, reasons. . .


They covered both of those in the movie. Thor says something to Heimdall about summoning the last bit of dark magic he has to get Hulk out of there. Then, Mega-Dinklage says the Stormbreaker can summon the power of the Bifrost as well.

It's a bit Star Trekky, but I'll buy it.
 
Posts: 2417 | Location: Winter Garden, FL | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by g8rforester:
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
...
How did Heimdall and Thor use the Bifrost? It was destroyed on Asgard. The machinery shown to activate it is massive. They even stated that it was inoperative after Thor 1 when Thor destroys the bridge to save Jotenheim (Loki asks Thor in Avengers 1 "How much Dark Matter did Odin have to summon to bring him to Earth"). Now, with the entire PLANET it was on reduced to ashes, it still works. Because, reasons. . .


They covered both of those in the movie. Thor says something to Heimdall about summoning the last bit of dark magic he has to get Hulk out of there. Then, Mega-Dinklage says the Stormbreaker can summon the power of the Bifrost as well.

It's a bit Star Trekky, but I'll buy it.


Ah. I don't know if it is my poor hearing, or bad acoustics in the theater, but there was a LOT of dialogue that I couldn't understand.



No arsenal is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women.
Ronald Reagan
 
Posts: 20167 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
There is definitely something hinky with the time stone. If you remember the end of Dr. Strange, he won the last battle with an threatened infinite loop. Each replay began with Dr. Strange and his monologue because that's where Strange was when the time loop began.

When Thanos reversed time to get the mind stone, time reversed but Thanos did NOT go back to his struggle with Scarlet Witch, where he was when the mind stone was destroyed. He just stood there and was effectively outside of time. Perhaps this was a result of being able to alter reality, but it just seems off.



I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown
 
Posts: 4828 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thunderson:
There is definitely something hinky with the time stone. If you remember the end of Dr. Strange, he won the last battle with an threatened infinite loop. Each replay began with Dr. Strange and his monologue because that's where Strange was when the time loop began.

When Thanos reversed time to get the mind stone, time reversed but Thanos did NOT go back to his struggle with Scarlet Witch, where he was when the mind stone was destroyed. He just stood there and was effectively outside of time. Perhaps this was a result of being able to alter reality, but it just seems off.


It’s just a plothole like countless others.
 
Posts: 432 | Registered: November 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aparoche:

It’s just a plothole like countless others.


There WERE a lot of plot holes, but there HAS TO BE some kind of 'reset button' in Part II. There is another Spider Man movie in the works - hard to do that with Parker dead. Also, Guardians III is scheduled to come out (next year?), and it would be a lousy movie with just Rocket and Nebula. . .

The Dr Strange Time Loop thing is a credible theory as to how the reset button happens, IMO.



No arsenal is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women.
Ronald Reagan
 
Posts: 20167 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Or they can make Guardians and Spider Man take place before Infinity War just like they said Ant Man takes place between Civil War and Infinity War.

But as much money as Black Panther made, I wouldn't expect that character to stay dead for very long.


_____________

Edmond
 
Posts: 9570 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:

There WERE a lot of plot holes, but there HAS TO BE some kind of 'reset button' in Part II. There is another Spider Man movie in the works - hard to do that with Parker dead. Also, Guardians III is scheduled to come out (next year?), and it would be a lousy movie with just Rocket and Nebula. . .

The Dr Strange Time Loop thing is a credible theory as to how the reset button happens, IMO.


Maybe but it's not how they did it in the comics. I think they get the gauntlet some how and make everybody reappear just like Thanos made them all disappear. In the comics Nebula got the Gauntlet off Thanos and the heroes got the Gauntlet from her. That can still happen.
 
Posts: 2360 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
I watched it last night with the family and I'm actually still digesting the overall content. I did like the Thanos character development, the visuals and overall presentation of the movie, and most of the humor thrown in here and there as well. Even though I know that at least some if not most of the occurrences and deaths have to be reversed or somehow re-engineered in an upcoming movie, I personally left the theater feeling like this was a bridge I was forced to cross that I did not enjoy crossing. Not that I didn't like the movie overall, just that I was not expecting it to be as destructive and emotionally charged as it was. I guess you could say it was both a good and a bad thing at the same time for me. I noticed most people walking out of the theater were not talking much afterwards so I wasn't the only one feeling this way I suspect.

Someone mentioned the Infinity Gauntlet in the Asgardian Vault. That plot inconsistency is accounted for in Thor Ragnarok as it is a fake as implied by Hela as she is walking through the vault looking at the different artifacts. Also, at the end when Thanos snaps his fingers on the Infinity Gauntlet, didn't anyone else notice that the Infinity Gauntlet looked like it somewhat crumpled up and "self-destructed" on Thanos's hand even though it was still on him and in his last scene he does not appear to have it on that I recall? I don't want to speculate about comic book vs the movie universe as the potential spoilers should be limited to this movie's content only IMHO, but I also feel that something occurred when Dr. Strange was using the time stone to go through the possibilities and when he handed it over. Captain Marvel will also likely play some kind of role given the ending credit page to Captain Marvel by Nick Fury.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dtech,


-Dtech
__________________________

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling
 
Posts: 3948 | Location: South Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
quote:
Originally posted by aparoche:

It’s just a plothole like countless others.
Also, Guardians III is scheduled to come out (next year?), and it would be a lousy movie with just Rocket and Nebula. . .

The Dr Strange Time Loop thing is a credible theory as to how the reset button happens, IMO.


We know that Guardians III will introduce Adam Warlock, see end of Guardians Vol-2. However Infinity II has already been filmed and Guardians III has not...

Another theory I read about, was Thanos, living on Titan with the universe in his perfect image, experiences emotions he had long suppressed in his quest to dominate: loss, love, remorse, etc. He brings back Gamora which also returns all of those hero's who were killed with his snap. Thus, fulfilling Strange's last words to Tony Stark, 'it was the only way'. Thanos needs to open the door and the hero's need to take advantage.
 
Posts: 8167 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
Another theory I read about, was Thanos, living on Titan with the universe in his perfect image, experiences emotions he had long suppressed in his quest to dominate: loss, love, remorse, etc. He brings back Gamora which also returns all of those hero's who were killed with his snap. Thus, fulfilling Strange's last words to Tony Stark, 'it was the only way'. Thanos needs to open the door and the hero's need to take advantage.


My theory about "it was the only way" is that Tony had to live in order to trade his or Captain America's life for the soul stone in the next movie.

Do RDJ and Chris Evans even want to play those roles anymore?


_____________

Edmond
 
Posts: 9570 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of bashman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paten:
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:

There WERE a lot of plot holes, but there HAS TO BE some kind of 'reset button' in Part II. There is another Spider Man movie in the works - hard to do that with Parker dead. Also, Guardians III is scheduled to come out (next year?), and it would be a lousy movie with just Rocket and Nebula. . .

The Dr Strange Time Loop thing is a credible theory as to how the reset button happens, IMO.


Maybe but it's not how they did it in the comics. I think they get the gauntlet some how and make everybody reappear just like Thanos made them all disappear. In the comics Nebula got the Gauntlet off Thanos and the heroes got the Gauntlet from her. That can still happen.


Where would the helicopter pilot reappear?


A man who does not read has no appreciable advantage over the man who cannot read.
 
Posts: 1051 | Location: Charlotte | Registered: July 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
On the ground.
 
Posts: 2360 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thunderson:
There is definitely something hinky with the time stone. If you remember the end of Dr. Strange, he won the last battle with an threatened infinite loop. Each replay began with Dr. Strange and his monologue because that's where Strange was when the time loop began.

When Thanos reversed time to get the mind stone, time reversed but Thanos did NOT go back to his struggle with Scarlet Witch, where he was when the mind stone was destroyed. He just stood there and was effectively outside of time. Perhaps this was a result of being able to alter reality, but it just seems off.


Two different uses of the time stone.

Remember in doctor strange he was experimenting with the time stone by eating an apple, then restoring it whole, then making it rotten, then fixing it. He didn't loop time there, he just used the stone in a different way. That's the way Thanos used the stone to get the mind stone.
 
Posts: 2681 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Saw it again last night, something was bugging me and it became apparent after the second viewing...The Black Order is de-powered.

The crew known as Thanos' Children are supposed to be murderous interplanetary ass-kickers. Ebony Maw is killed by simply getting sucked into the vacuum of space? The scene in the Edinburgh train station, Proxima Midnight and Corvus Glaive should've been able to kill Black Widow, Falcon and at least seriously would Captain America, instead Glaive is wounded by his own glaive, impossible since his immortality is derived from the weapon itself. The battle in Wakanda, there's a featured all women battle, Proxima Midnight would've killed them all but Scarlet Witch. Cull Obsideon gets dragged across Wakanda's shield after fighting Banner in the Hulk Buster suit...his skin is impenetrable like the Hulk.
 
Posts: 8167 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2 3 4 5  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Avengers: Infinity War. ** WARNING ** This is the spoiler thread **

© SIGforum 2018