SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Walking Dead Season 10
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Walking Dead Season 10 Login/Join 
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Judith actress Cailey Fleming was on "The Talking Dead" following the season opener. TWD and the character aside, what a poised, smart and appealing kid, she was amazing. That said, it turns out she's twelve, looks about nine so I'm less shocked. Just a little.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
I was listening to TTD recording yesterday morning while I was doing computer work in my office. I agree wholeheartedly that Cailey Flemming is VERY well spoken for her age...very sweet little girl. The only thing was that her voice, when she spoke for a long time, was pretty grating, as it sounded like everything she said was spoken after a huge inhale of helium.

As for the show, it was OK...better than some of the fecal matter they've put out in years past. I just have to say that I find it hard to believe a satellite would be THAT intact after re-entry from a decayed orbit. I'm certain the whole thing would burn up and there wouldn't be anything found bigger than a flip flop. Let alone anything resembling "working" components...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11052 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
Anyone else get a Sam Elliot vibe from Jeffrey Dean Morgan regardless of what he's in?

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act

Posts: 3435 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
So Alpha isn't as tough as she's led everyone to believe. Maybe it'll be one of her own (Beta? The newly-minted Gamma?) to do her in.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
TWD is good again (Ghosts). Well, maybe it's a love-it-or-hate-it epi that deals mainly with PTSD issues, in some surprising ways.

I said, "The bitch must die" just a split second before Carol. Felt good.

What is up with Carol, btw? You can't stay awake forever.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
So Alpha isn't as tough as she's led everyone to believe. Maybe it'll be one of her own (Beta? The newly-minted Gamma?) to do her in.

Probably Neegan. He’s being staged for a huge redemption or betrayal.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Yep, Negan confronts Beta in a "take me to your leader" moment. In the comix, it is Negan who finally ends Alpha.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

posted Hide Post
This season has been "mehhhh." Last week, with the corny music and sappy story line, I asked my wife "What the hell is this, This is Me?" Seemed very forced and the music did not match at all. Guest on Talking Dead last night, an actor from This is Me. Coincidence?

It seems TWD is trying to broaden it's audience, to try and prolong the show and regain lost viewership. What the producers seem to forget is, the show started as a zombie apocalypse survival show. Keep it that way. If I want to see a sappy love story, I don't go see Rambo. If I want to see an action movie, I don't go see the Notebook. Criminy, it's pretty simple.

The last few seasons have been horrendous, like forgotten story lines and dragging things out forever. Like this seasons promise of Maggie returning after last seasons final episode with her voice on the radio. With 3 shows left, no Maggie. Last night, female voice on the radio again. I will bet money if Maggie reappears at all, is that it will be in the last few seconds of the final show. That way they will try and lure viewers back next season, where they will again drag out Maggies return, if at all.

Tony

Posts: 306 | Registered: December 18, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Last night wasn't a total loss, I learned that **spoiler** Kelly was a girl. I also found out you can kill a boar with a slingshot. This far into the apocalypse, you might think bandsets without dry rotted rubber would be hard to come by, apparently not. Like it's sister show Fear TWD, this show is turning into "The Woking Dead".

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's Berlin
Correspondent
Picture of BansheeOne
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tonydec:
The last few seasons have been horrendous, like forgotten story lines and dragging things out forever. Like this seasons promise of Maggie returning after last seasons final episode with her voice on the radio. With 3 shows left, no Maggie. Last night, female voice on the radio again. I will bet money if Maggie reappears at all, is that it will be in the last few seconds of the final show. That way they will try and lure viewers back next season, where they will again drag out Maggies return, if at all.

After watching the latest rather bloody episode, I had a nightmare last night in which Maggie's dramatic return was as a semi-intelligent walker being used for some nefarious plan of the group she had gone to in good faith. Which included raiding survivor hideouts and drown little kids to turn them into outwardly well-preserved mini-walkers. Of course after feasting on a random victim with her latest creation, she got a pang of residual human conscience, mounted her horse, pulled out a whip and cut the zombie toddler into pieces with it.

It was further revealed that this group was merely part of a Chinese plot to take over what was left of the world. At one point a screen was shown depicting a digital map of survivor communities all over the globe and real-time updates of the respective population counts. I deducted from this that the group which airlifted out Rick last season was resisting this scheme.

I probably need to change medication or something, but it's actually an intriguing plot.

Posts: 2406 | Location: Berlin, Germany | Registered: April 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
LOL, Better than many of the current plot lines.

Tony

Posts: 306 | Registered: December 18, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Siddiq: history. Dante: a mole. Lydia: over-reacting. Carol: under-informing.

They're having the characters deliberately do stupid things to create dramatic tension?

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
*** SPOILER *** *** SPOILER *** ***SPOILER ***

Well I will say the Saddiq/Dante story line/plot twist WAS a bit unexpected, at least to me...never made that connection about Dante being a plant. I wasn't paying much attention when the event happened in Saddiq's room...I was like "ummmmm...is he just choking Saddiq until he goes unconscious so he can get him to sleep?" And then I rewound that scene and it hit me with a "HOLY SHITTHH"!!! (ala Belushi). Then it clicked with the part about the hemlock that Saddiq put in the bag (which now is seen he didn't)...Dante killed the captured Whisperer. Lightbulb goes off!!

I had almost given up hope on the snail's-pace of the last couple of episodes and the plot line of Saddiq; was ready to FF through to the end. But I managed to stay awake to see what happened. Mid-season finale will be interesting.

I honestly don't see how this series ends, but I know I'm starting to lose interest...FAST. Maybe they'll wrap after one more season?

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11052 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
I was thinking how useful this would be to that deaf lady who writes everything down. Then I remembered these things went bad pretty fast.

**apologies to those under 100 who have no idea what I'm talking about**

Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Picture of Grayfox54
posted Hide Post
I've watching since the beginning, so I guess I'll ride it out. Roll Eyes
Things are starting to get interesting. More mystery to confuse us. Maybe they can revive the show?
I wanna see Neegan and Beta tangle. That would be cool. I'm guessing that in the end Neegan will come out on top and end up a good guy.
Yeah, Maggie is coming back. She was a popular character. Besides, the TV show she quit TWD to do was a flop and got canceled quickly. She needs the work. Roll Eyes
BTW: AMC has announced yet another TWD spin off called "World Beyond." From the short preview, this group seems to have held on to technology, weapons and organization. They live pretty much like before the zombies came but with a military setting. They are probably the source of those mysterious helicopters. Maybe Rick is with them? I have my doubts that this one will fly.

It ain't the years, its the mileage.

Posts: 54 | Location: Bartlett, TN | Registered: November 24, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
Where/when did Dante's character first entered the plot? What episode was he first introduced to the survivors? I've seen all episodes except this last one, and for some reason to me, he just "appeared" one day.

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
At the beginning of Season 10 he slips in with a group of wandering survivors (he was present at the barn massacre and specially enlisted by Alpha) who are accepted into Alexandria. Since he was a capable doctor and seemed rather "ordinary", no-one much questioned him.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
Thank you. I will have to rewatch that episode. It's all pretty vague to me at this point.

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why would you not treat the water before drinking it, especially with the possibility of dead people rotting in the river, let alone the whisperers intentionally contaminating the water supply? Roll Eyes

Posts: 467 | Location: California | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post