SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    What shows or series to watch on PRIME?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What shows or series to watch on PRIME? Login/Join 
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Watching Bosch now on Prime. Good stuff

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
We just watched a six-part British series called “The Night Manager, based on a novel by le Carré. Hugh Laurie as the BG.

I watched The Night Manager on a series of United flights via their TV app. Really enjoyed it.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15153 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Fauda

Sometimes hard to keep the Israelis and Palestinians straight, and it is subtitled so it takes more consentration, but a really good series.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Since some of HBO's older miniseries are available through Prime, it's a good opportunity to watch (or rewatch) Band of Brothers, The Pacific, and Generation Kill.

quote:
Originally posted by NavyGuy:
Fauda

Sometimes hard to keep the Israelis and Palestinians straight, and it is subtitled so it takes more consentration, but a really good series.

Fauda is great, but it's on Netflix, not Prime.

quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
We just watched a six-part British series called “The Night Manager, based on a novel by le Carré. Hugh Laurie as the BG.

Excellent suggestion. That miniseries is immensely enjoyable. It's Tom Hiddleston's best performance so far.

(I still think he would have been a great choice for the next James Bond, based on his performance in that series.)

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Snipers Love in the Reticle
The Dawns Here are Quiet
Attackers
Attackers Last Flight
Spies
The Battalion
The Bomb

Some great Russian language series with English subtitles (note to have CC off or you have duplicate subtitles.)

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Grand Tour
The Expanse
Man in the High Castle
The Boys
Bosch
Fleabag
The Spy
Jack Ryan

Posts: 14572 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
I am quite possibly the only person on the planet to enjoy it but Mad Dogs is worth the watch.

Same goes for Orphan Black though in later seasons it got a little wonky and long in the tooth.

would like to see the original UK version,

US versions typically suck compared,,,

life on mars is a prime example

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Since some of HBO's older miniseries are available through Prime, it's a good opportunity to watch (or rewatch) Band of Brothers, The Pacific, and Generation Kill.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by NavyGuy:
Fauda

Yeah, sorry, they all run together these days.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Another British series we’ve been watching is DCI Banks, a police detective show based in a fictional town in northern England. This show doesn’t spend an entire season wrapping up one or two investigations, instead it concludes its cases in two or three episodes and moves on to another crime. We are only into the second of six seasons, but it’s good.

Posts: 13165 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Widow was decent. I’m a Kate Beckinsale kind of guy.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

Also for those who never caught on, or haven't seen it in a long time, The Sopranos is still on Prime.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
The Man In The High Castle and Jack Ryan are two musts for Prime.

Posts: 33604 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
Watching Bosch now on Prime. Good stuff

I'm nearly through S1 of Bosch, enjoying it.

quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
The Man In The High Castle and Jack Ryan are two musts for Prime.

High Castle was good, but not great, IMO. I was time-invested in it & stuck it out, but started losing interest toward the end.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15153 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Banshee was probably one of my favorite shows ever, The first season of Strike Back was great. They were never able to recreate the chemistry in the other seasons or the fun factor.

I think you can still get White Collar which was a great series and they have finally found the original Spenser which when watched shows everyone why the recent movie was such crap.

__________________Making Good People Helpless . . . Will Not Make Bad People Harmless!___________________

Posts: 1731 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SCfromNY:
The first season of Strike Back was great. They were never able to recreate the chemistry in the other seasons or the fun factor.

Are you talking about the original first season with Porter as the main character, or the first season of the longer-running main storyline with Scott/Stonebridge?

The Porter season was originally shot and initially shown only in the UK in 2010, before Cinemax took over the series.

The Scott/Stonebridge seasons after Cinemax took over were shown first in the US, and Cinemax didn't air the original UK Porter season until like 4 years in. Cinemax treated it as a "prequel" miniseries in the US, even though it was actually the original Season 1, and the Scott/Stonebridge storyline technically starts with Season 2.

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
I think a lot of older HBO series are still on Prime in full without the addon. I think we watched The Sopranos, some of The Wire, Band of Brothers, The Pacific - all that way.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
British series: Foyle's War.

Posts: 12436 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
Zerozerozero is very good as is the new series Upload.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
My bride likes ‘Bones’ - It’s okay.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4214 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Upload. We found it very enjoyable, although it ended on a bit of a cliffhanger, so I hope there is a second season.

Posts: 101 | Registered: January 09, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post