SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    What shows or series to watch on PRIME?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What shows or series to watch on PRIME? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
RogueJSK: I was talking about the Scott and Stonebridge First Strike series. Cinemax actually ran the Porter series which wasn't bad just OK IMO.

Scott did well landing in Blindspot. I think Stonebridge has done four series never sticking.

__________________Making Good People Helpless . . . Will Not Make Bad People Harmless!___________________

Posts: 1731 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
Wife and I have been enjoying GRIMM.

Posts: 5734 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also recommend The Expanse, its one of the best series I watched so far.

Posts: 1 | Registered: May 09, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
Jack Ryan for me. Boy that Noomi Rapace is still a saucy mint.

Posts: 7506 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
The Wire

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
Patriot (Dark Comedy)

3rd Rock from the Sun (Must-See-TV/NBC Thursday night sitcom)

Boardwalk Empire (HBO, available on Prime)

Jean Claude Van Johnson

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11143 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dunno what it is about me and series entertainment. Maybe a lack of attention span, perhaps? There's a very short list of those I've tried, however:

The Grand Tour, but only sporadic and only because it centers around cars. There's only so much of Clarkson that I can stand.

I tried The Expanse, thought the first installment was good, then promptly forgot about it.

The Maisel(?) show, supposedly considered a great show; 15 minutes into the first episode I switched over to my Xbox and did video games for the rest of the night. Never went back. Something similar happened with that Z: whatever show, though I will say that Ricci was quite the charming thing for the half hour or so that I managed to keep watching.

I also watch some of the documentary series content, but most of it is repackaged from shows and series that previously were on cable channels like Discovery or the old Military Channel, and not particularly littered with any new knowledge to glean.

Frankly I mostly watch the old movies and not the series content. Stuff like Strategic Air Command, The Battle of Britain and like minded content. Sometimes more recent flicks when they get into the freebie rotation, though I admit I do miss a bunch before they return to being paid content again.

Maybe someday I get back to The Expanse but knowing me I wouldn't count on it to save anyone's life, including my own.

When I do spend time on Amazon it's mostly with their premium music service. I suppose that's because I pay extra for that.

-MG

-MG

Posts: 1932 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Currently watching and enjoying Poldark.

Posts: 21053 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
NOVA: The Planets
Nature (season 4 free w/Prime)
Scotch: A Golden Dram

Anthony Bourdain: A Cook's Tour (two seasons)
The Five Venoms aka Five Deadly Venoms (1978)
The Man from Nowhere (2010)

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by f2:
The Man from Nowhere (2010)

Just watched this one tonight. Pretty darn good

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
High Castle was good, but not great, IMO. I was time-invested in it & stuck it out, but started losing interest toward the end.

Well yeah, because season 4 was a rush to conclusion, some conclusion, ANY conclusion. And they sucked at their effort.

This has been observation about shows like this produced initially for streaming services, or ones taken over such as Longmire. They invest heavily in the first season or two they’re showing but after that from a revenue standpoint have accomplished what they want in bringing new subscribers over. From there on it’s a pathway to ending it since there’s nothing to be gained by continuing and the quality goes down briskly.

Maybe it’s just me. Confused

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12350 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fwbulldog
posted Hide Post
I just binge watched Fringe. If you liked X-Files this would be right up your alley.

Posts: 3015 | Location: Round Rock | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
Dombey & Son - 2 park British TV mini series on Dickens novel

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Deadwood for sure Big Grin...Corner Gas is damn good for “Wide place in the road” laid back Canadian humor Smile...Goliath is also good (especially season one)...it hooks you in and the next two seasons are good in their own way...I enjoyed them all Smile

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:

Oh yes! Smile

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MO-Sig
posted Hide Post
I didn't see Sneaky Pete on the list. I thoroughly enjoyed all three seasons.

This is what happens when you stop letting kids play dodgeball in school.

Posts: 475 | Location: Fly Over Country | Registered: October 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We were a little late to catch this one but “Ray Donovan” is very good.

Posts: 817 | Location: FL | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
If you don't mind subtitles, the French series Spiral is quite good. It's rather like a darker, grittier Law and Order on steroids. It follows French police units and chronicles their interactions with the French judicial system.

Posts: 7301 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:

DOH! Only 4 of the 5 season are on Prime. I'll have to sign up for a free week of Masterpiece, watch it then cancel.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cas,

Posts: 21053 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mercurial:
I also recommend The Expanse, its one of the best series I watched so far.

Welcome aboard Mercurial!

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9357 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post