SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Batman (2021)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Batman (2021) Login/Join 
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slabsides45:
Tuna Girl was short lived. Turns out a hot chick with a yeast infection has very limited appeal, and after she fell into that vat of Lotrimin while battling with Syphilis Boy, she was toast.

But try as you might, you just can't kill The Roach.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1947 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
This is a look at Batman the early years. I think it’s supposed to be year two in the suit. I’ll give Pattinson a chance. It’s not high brow art but it’s enjoyable for the most part.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I'm waiting for Batman: The Dementia Takes Hold

Batman wandering around the Bat Cave, looking for the keys to the Batmobile. Trying to get out of the bathtub on his own. He sets fire to the Bat Kitchen while trying to make toast. Shows up in public with his underwear outside his Bat Suit...

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have a very particular
set of skills
posted Hide Post
^^ That version is currently being filmed in a basement in Deleware. Big Grin

Boss

A real life Sisyphus...
"It's not the critic who counts..." TR
Exodus 23.2: Do not follow the crowd in doing wrong...
Despite some people's claims to the contrary, 5 lbs. is actually different than 12 lbs.
It's never simple/easy.

Posts: 4991 | Location: In the arena... | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Really? You want your thread locked?

Posts: 107258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shorted to Atmosphere
Picture of Shifferbrains
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slabsides45:
Tuna Girl was short lived.

5 to 7 days? Razz

Posts: 5197 | Location: Manteca, CA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
I'm also a comic fan, got boxes of them in the closet (mostly Batman and a pile of indy's)

while I did grow up watching Batman on TV as well as read a pile of the comics, to me Frank Miller made the Batman I like best, and Nolan put it on screen,

BTW, I did watch the Vid with Mackie, and he makes some very valid points
the rest, well when they kill 50%+ of the human population to save the rest,, or destroy an entire town or country , what is the point?

I usually watch whatever the new Xman movie is, or the Avengers, or whatever when it hits cable,
not spending a dime to see it on the big screen,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have a very particular
set of skills
posted Hide Post
^^That one of the things I find interesting...the different ways different movies tell the same story (compare/contrast).

There are just some movies that are way cooler on the big screen IMHO. 20ft. T-Rex (Jurassic Park) on the big screen is much more fun that 18 inch T-Rex on your TV.

That's the beauty off it all...this kinda stuff is all for fun...pick and choose...Like it? Go. Don't like it? Skip.

$.02 worth.

Boss

A real life Sisyphus...
Despite some people's claims to the contrary, 5 lbs. is actually different than 12 lbs.
It's never simple/easy.

Posts: 4991 | Location: In the arena... | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Boss1:
^^That one of the things I find interesting...the different ways different movies tell the same story (compare/contrast).

There are just some movies that are way cooler on the big screen IMHO. 20ft. T-Rex (Jurassic Park) on the big screen is much more fun that 18 inch T-Rex on your TV.

That's the beauty off it all...this kinda stuff is all for fun...pick and choose...Like it? Go. Don't like it? Skip.

$.02 worth.

Boss

exactly!!

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Robert Pattinson might be a really good Batman, he's a pretty underrated actor who has come a long way since his Twilight days.

A really good role he was in was in the 2014 post-apocalyptic movie The Rover, which if you haven't seen yet, you should:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hT0qDc7wtfY

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
He was excellent in Good Time. One of the most underrated films of the past 5 years. Really hardcore film.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
FWIW: I think these series are directed towards Millennials, who seem to require a lot of self-validation. Involvement through social media and being part of the local Left-wing mobs is kinda scary to most of them. They need something that makes them feel empowered on an individual level, but isn't really dangerous, and living vicariously through action/fantasy figures serves that purpose.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have a very particular
set of skills
posted Hide Post
I'm not a millennial.

Some of us are just movie buffs that like action flicks and don't over think it. Star Wars, John Wick, Die Hard, Raiders of the Lost Ark (except that last train wreck), etc., etc., etc...

Boss

A real life Sisyphus...
It's never simple/easy.

posted Hide Post
I have a fascination with Hollywood and movies. It's not so much about the glamour or movie stars, it's more the process of making a successful and high quality film. Can the process be regimented?

The best phrase that describes the common process of making a successful film is "catching lightning in a bottle". More often than not, there's a particular,... and accidental,... magic than goes into making a movie that truly stands out from the crowd.

Contrast that approach with Hitchcock's method of planning out E-V-E-R-Y S-I-N-G-L-E D-E-T-A-I-L of his films. It would take years of work on his part just to put the basics of his films together. I was all planned out to the last detail.

So, which approach is best,.. and can it be reduced to a regimented process?

V.

Posts: 328 | Location: Pacific NW | Registered: April 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have they stated what universe this movie fits in within DCEU?

Or what Earth this is?

Smile

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I know Joaquin Phoenix's Joker doesn't exist in any known DCEU. If this version of Batman sucks, I hope it's in a version that doesn't see revisiting.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
I know Joaquin Phoenix's Joker doesn't exist in any known DCEU. If this version of Batman sucks, I hope it's in a version that doesn't see revisiting.

I tried watching Joker 2x's, and I am a fan of Phoenix,

could not get thru it (thought it was boring)

The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
As I said to my wife, as a movie of how the Joker became the Joker, it was awesome and well done. The problem is, it's just a boring slow story to tell.

So it was good for explaining the villain, it just wasn't an entertaining movie imo.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Robert Pattinson might be a really good Batman, he's a pretty underrated actor who has come a long way since his Twilight days.

A really good role he was in was in the 2014 post-apocalyptic movie The Rover, which if you haven't seen yet, you should:

quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
He was excellent in Good Time. One of the most underrated films of the past 5 years. Really hardcore film.

If you liked him in those, you should check him out in The Devil All The Time.

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
New "The Batman" trailer out:

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post