SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    We got a German here who wants to die for his country!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

We got a German here who wants to die for his country! Login/Join 
Picture of GarandGuy
posted
Oblige him!

I honestly think I can watch this movie over and over again and I enjoy it better after each viewing.

What are y'alls favorite quotes from Inglorious?

-----------------------------------------------
What's the sense in working hard if you never get to play?

Posts: 1073 | Location: On the outskirts of Richmond | Registered: September 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
You probably heard we ain't in the prisoner-takin' business; we in the killin' Nazi business. And cousin, business is a-boomin'.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
You didn't say the goddamn rendezvous was in a fuckin' basement! You said it was in a tavern. Y'know, fightin' in a basement offers a lot of difficulties. Number one being... you're fightin' in a basement! You don't got to be Stonewall Jackson to know you don't want to fight in a basement!

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
"That's a bingo!"
"You just say Bango"

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9676 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are you mad? What have you done? I made a deal with your general for that man's life!

Yeah, they made that deal, but they don't give a fuck about him. They need you.

You'll be shot for this!

Nah, I don't think so. More like chewed out. I've been chewed out before.

Posts: 1662 | Location: NH | Registered: January 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Au revoir, Shoshanna!

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Bear Jew

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Down with Hitler.

All the way down, sir.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10473 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
As soon as I saw Archie Hicox fuck up and hold up the 3 fingers like a Brit or American would do, I knew he had just given himself away.

Germans ALWAYS hold up the thumb when indicating "3".

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
As soon as I saw Archie Hicox fuck up and hold up the 3 fingers like a Brit or American would do, I knew he had just given himself away.

So do the French for that matter. My wife's family and friends think it's bizarre when I hold up three fingers the "American way."

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:

So do the French for that matter. My wife's family and friends think it's bizarre when I hold up three fingers the "American way."

Oddly enough, I've never indicated "three" either way as illustrated. I've always held down my index finger and used my middle, ring, and little finger. Maybe it comes from catching going back to Little League.

BTW, the "fightin' in uh basement" quote that Rogue posted makes me laugh out loud every time.

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:

Isn't that crazy? I've never really thought about it, but I'm sitting at a restaurant waiting for my lunch to arrive and held my fingers in the "three" symbol both ways. Absolutely I would notice if the "average American" used symbol #2. Especially if we were at war and there would be zero reason to expect that the person I was talking to would use any symbol other than #1.

A great detail in the film that makes me love Tarantino for his movie making skills as much as I hate him for his politics. (PLEASE NO ONE START AN ANTI TARANTINO RANT...I don't want to disrupt the thread, just making a point about my love/hate relationship with the man.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
What's really started to annoy me is that I've caught myself on much more than one occasion doing it the French/German way the past two years as some of my wife's habits have rubbed off onto me. Roll Eyes

I do it without thinking and then mutter to myself, "merdé"

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
"Say goodbye to your Nazi balls."

Posts: 7506 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I need me eight soldiers...

-----------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
The actor who played the German hero Frederik Zoller was in a move called "Good Bye Lenin!" which was excellent and I highly recommend it. Takes place right around the time of the fall of the Berlin Wall in East Germany.

In German with subtitles, no big deal to me:
<br />[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJb4efZcFUM&fmt=18]View on YouTube[/url]

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No worries!
Picture of Chach
posted Hide Post
IMO the movie was fantastic, up until Brad Pitt entered, then it just went downhill fast. The opening sequence in the farmhouse, just spellbinding. Unfortunately the rest is a stinking turd.

Posts: 3188 | Location: NorCal - Sac | Registered: February 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
quote:
The actor who played the German hero Frederik Zoller was in a move called "Good Bye Lenin!" which was excellent and I highly recommend it. Takes place right around the time of the fall of the Berlin Wall in East Germany.

Daniel Bruhl is a fantastic actor full stop. For a more mainstream movie, he was Baron Zemo in Captain America: Civil War. The man should have been given a Best Actor or Best Supporting Actor for playing Niki Lauda in Rush, but racing movies don't count. They didn't rewrite Lauda to be a gay transsexual nazi eskimo. Roll Eyes

Posts: 4130 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post