SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Clarkson, Hammond and May call it quits for studio car shows
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Clarkson, Hammond and May call it quits for studio car shows Login/Join 
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I finally saw episode 1 and enjoyed it

I hope they keep up with the improvements - as usual the photography was excellent

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53177 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I can't wait to see the responses to Clarkson's constant references to Trump in the second episode. Frown

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
What references to Trump? You are talking about the 1st part of the Colombia special, right?

May is getting some great zingers in.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
"Trump truck" is funny. They've always bashed certain aspects of America and bashed Hammond for seemingly loving American things. It's nothing new. I typically consider English-on-American humor as lighthearted ribbing from an older brother.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Man, that Jaguar is one hell of a sexy car!

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
I have never considered buying a Jaguar, but watching Clarkson drive that thing made me reconsider. Then they have to spoil the fun and say they only made 300 and they are already sold. Boo!

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1773 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last episode was disappointing. Didn't like the "pickups" they were testing.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2739 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfe 21:
Last episode was disappointing.

I wrote the same thing earlier today and deleted without posting.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
While it's impressive that a car with less horsepower was able to win the drag race, it's ridiculous how much had to be modified in order to do so. A straight-off-the-showroom Exorcist only lost by a car length to that modified Demon.

The modification comedy bit was funny but it was jut that a comedy bit,

Think about the deal that is the $1 Drag Pack (a deal by the way for jack, wheels, ecu with dash control and high flow intake) would have it installed at the dealer for daily driving sans the front wheels.

The dash unit has an on off switch for race fuel or pump gas, once it is in its never taken out, nor is the ecu or air intake kit. Any real driver/owner will have this dealer installed to pick up 40 HP or they are speculator or a collector and it will stay boxed up.

The Demon won because James can't get 1000 hp to the ground using the tires he had on the Camaro ZL-1 Hennessey Exorcist.

BTW the Camaro isn't a drive off the floor, you first have to buy the ZL-1 then have it shipped off to Hennessey for who knows how long to get the work done for 1000 advertised HP.

They were joking about the price of the demon being too low, when you consider people were flipping them at Barrett Jackson for $120K plus they aren't wrong.

James was beating the 700 hp mustang but not by much, his problem was the same, couldn't hook it up, unless you consider his attempts at a donut which he found traction LOL

Traction won that race..

And also, when you ship it to Hennessy your car gets cannibalized and all the parts are put on other cars. You take it in the ass and never see your car again.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3514 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Perception:
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
While it's impressive that a car with less horsepower was able to win the drag race, it's ridiculous how much had to be modified in order to do so. A straight-off-the-showroom Exorcist only lost by a car length to that modified Demon.

The modification comedy bit was funny but it was jut that a comedy bit,

Think about the deal that is the $1 Drag Pack (a deal by the way for jack, wheels, ecu with dash control and high flow intake) would have it installed at the dealer for daily driving sans the front wheels.

The dash unit has an on off switch for race fuel or pump gas, once it is in its never taken out, nor is the ecu or air intake kit. Any real driver/owner will have this dealer installed to pick up 40 HP or they are speculator or a collector and it will stay boxed up.

The Demon won because James can't get 1000 hp to the ground using the tires he had on the Camaro ZL-1 Hennessey Exorcist.

BTW the Camaro isn't a drive off the floor, you first have to buy the ZL-1 then have it shipped off to Hennessey for who knows how long to get the work done for 1000 advertised HP.

They were joking about the price of the demon being too low, when you consider people were flipping them at Barrett Jackson for $120K plus they aren't wrong.

James was beating the 700 hp mustang but not by much, his problem was the same, couldn't hook it up, unless you consider his attempts at a donut which he found traction LOL

Traction won that race..

And also, when you ship it to Hennessy your car gets cannibalized and all the parts are put on other cars. You take it in the ass and never see your car again.

That's not completely true. They may just take it all apart, put it back together bill you for the work fabricate a dyno and ship it back to you

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
quote:
Last episode was disappointing.

I wrote the same thing earlier today and deleted without posting.

I wasn't disappointed at all. I laughed through most of the episode.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Balzé Halzé,

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

They're only going to feature new models, not sure if Toyota updated their Hi-Lux but, that would've been king. What other pick-ups should they have been testing..Mitsubishi L200? It's not like the UK/EU is awash in pick-ups like North America is.

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Would have been funny if they did the 3 Euro light duty pickups and had something like diesal F350 or some such for jokes.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
The fake shooting turned me off.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
quote:

They're only going to feature new models, not sure if Toyota updated their Hi-Lux but, that would've been king. What other pick-ups should they have been testing..Mitsubishi L200? It's not like the UK/EU is awash in pick-ups like North America is.

Honestly thought it was all a bit meh..
I like the series, this episode was just not as interesting TO ME. Honestly, I prefer the adventure episodes anymore (beach buggies, the South America trip, the expedition to the pole on top gear).

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2739 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post