SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Lesson No.1: beware of the furniture movers.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lesson No.1: beware of the furniture movers. Login/Join 
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted
'When the axe falls, they're usually the first to know. People see them coming and they shit.'

Most won't get this one. It's a relatively obscure movie from 1986 called Head Office with a really, really long card of recognizable actors. Eddy Albert, of all people, kind of steals the show. The whole thing is a send up of big business in the Reagan eighties. An eighties version of the sixties farce movie. As such the story goes off the rails toward the end (like so many movies have). Shakespeare it's not. But it's a lot of fun to watch. Here's about a 10 minute cut from you tube that includes a board meeting (starting at :44 seconds) where they discuss selling fighter planes to potentially warring, rich African tribes. If you've ever seen it, you'll likely remember this one.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/E47vdhGuRcc?t=44

A quick google shows its only available on Amazon Prime but thru HBO), plus Hulu, HBO Max, HBO Go, & Cinemax Go. So it might be hard to come by for free right now but these old movies all go through free cycles eventually. I actually have the DVD somewhere around here. probably right next to Serial with Martin Mull.

Posts: 7250 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
I love the Don King part.

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8523 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
As soon as I heard driver "Sal" speak, I thought Father Guido Sarducci (Don Novello)

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3445 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post