New
Find
Notify
Tools

Death Wish 2017 Login/Join 
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
What was the Death wish were the old guy had the WWII Brownings in his closet? That was cool Smile

I believe you are referring to Death Wish 3, where Kersey has the Browning MG.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16177 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
It's probably a weekday matinee if I have something midweek when it's showing.

I thought Bruce Willis was pretty good in RED

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11143 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post
If it's half-as-good as Death Wish III it'll be a winner!

"We're after men - and I wish to God I was with them. The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride off and let you die." - Deke Thornton, - The Wild Bunch

Posts: 758 | Location: 'The Hive' beneath Raccoon City | Registered: February 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
I will have to see it when it comes out on blu-ray.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9357 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jester814:
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Huh.

Death Wish reboot. Has potential...

Cue AC/DC music and witty Bruce Willis -

Too bad, I would have enjoyed a "dark" move with Willis.

Stealing Clint's "gun finger" from Gran Torino nets you negative Karma points.

I agree that the music was way off and made me really not want to see the movie...

The "Gun Finger" was from the original Death Wish, though.

Personally for me, the use of an AC/DC song in the trailer just makes me want to see the movie even more! I love "The Thunder From Down Under"!

Posts: 374 | Location: The Dark And Bloody Ground | Registered: July 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
If the reviews are okay then I will go see it just to piss on the liberals. I wonder how the 'fascist' vig manages to subsume economic control of private enterprise to the government??

By DW III the pre-determined fate of the leading lady was chafing. I wanted to shout at the tv, 'hey lady, get out the movie now, before they kill you'!

A friend, twenty years younger, does not understand the urban 'besieged by criminals' mindset that led to the CHL/CCW laws of today.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
So aptly set in Chicago........

That hurts

Posts: 5731 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
Snowflakes already having a meltdown over "angry old white guy alt right fan fiction" Big Grin

https://www.usatoday.com/story...-eli-roth/536641001/

That alone ensures that I am going to see it.

Posts: 5731 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Hey guys, there is a remake of Death Wish coming out...wait...I did a search and there was already this thread...I guess you all already know?

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5041 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
I have been waiting a long time for the remake. with the AMT automag....<s> I'll have to make due with a glock..probably not even gen 5 Big Grin

Posts: 7791 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, will have to go to theaters for this one. I like Bruce Willis in action roles. Adds a little humor.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2731 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Looks like Netflix is delaying the Punisner also

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While I normally hate all of the PC horsesh*t, probably a good idea.

Posts: 4648 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Death Wish will be in theaters on March 2.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1137450/?ref_=ttpl_pl_tt

Posts: 15898 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Undertaker
Picture of BigCity
posted Hide Post
Maybe when Bruce finishes cleaning up Shitcago, he can move to the number one murder capital of Baltimore and work his magic...

John

The key to enforcement is to punish the violator, not an inanimate object. The punishment of inanimate objects for the commission of a crime or carelessness is an affront to stupidity.

Posts: 1727 | Location: People's Republik of Maryland | Registered: November 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
Death Wish will be in theaters on March 2.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1137450/?ref_=ttpl_pl_tt

Awesome, I plan to be there.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
a lot of folks forget that at the beginning of the original DW, Kersey is fairly anti-gun / pacifist.

Spoiler: He gets over it.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So, will we or will we not see him get into a tight spot, and then tell the bad guys jokes until they are distracted by laughing, thereby letting him get the drop on them?

I give it a 40% chance.

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post