Notify
Tools

Death Wish 2017 Login/Join 
Picture of Leemur
posted
Love revenge/vigilante flicks

Too dumb to embed, help me out.

https://youtu.be/v_I4zqC7GN8

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post

I like it. I think you'll have to disconnect yourself from the original series and take this as it's own standalone movie, but it looks good.

Posts: 6337 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd like to see it.

Posts: 4976 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
I like it already....................

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4561 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
Eli Roth directed that? Usually he goes for things even more exploitational than that, like the Hostel movies, Cabin Fever, and the cannibal movie Green Inferno. I would think he'd remake Abel Ferrara's Ms. 45 instead.

Posts: 5580 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I thought Bruce Willis was too good for action flicks anymore, and they were beneath him?

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
So aptly set in Chicago........

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tgtshuter
posted Hide Post
I'll be passing on this.

I enjoyed the 1st one - from the 70's - then they ran the well dry with what, 4 more after that?

Bruce Willis ain't got nothing on Charles Bronson.

Posts: 711 | Location: SC, USA | Registered: October 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Love those "feel good" vigilante stories. Cool

Posts: 22857 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Snowflakes already having a meltdown over "angry old white guy alt right fan fiction" Big Grin

https://www.usatoday.com/story...-eli-roth/536641001/

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
I'll probably wait till it comes to cable but I will be watching this. There seems to be enough of a difference from the original to capture my interest. I love me some Bruce Willis flicks.

Posts: 4403 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
Snowflakes already having a meltdown over "angry old white guy alt right fan fiction" Big Grin

Cool. Can't wait.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
snowflakes already having a meltdown over
now i want to see it.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Huh.

Death Wish reboot. Has potential...

Cue AC/DC music and witty Bruce Willis -

Too bad, I would have enjoyed a "dark" move with Willis.

Stealing Clint's "gun finger" from Gran Torino nets you negative Karma points.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12304 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
"Well whatever you're doing...keep it up!"

Big Grin

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16176 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Laugh or Die
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Huh.

Death Wish reboot. Has potential...

Cue AC/DC music and witty Bruce Willis -

Too bad, I would have enjoyed a "dark" move with Willis.

Stealing Clint's "gun finger" from Gran Torino nets you negative Karma points.

I agree that the music was way off and made me really not want to see the movie...

The "Gun Finger" was from the original Death Wish, though.

Posts: 10199 | Location: NC | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:

I'd imagine that a few dozen Vigilantes could stay busy in Chicago for a long time. FAR too much work for one guy.

Frankly , I liked the AC/DC music.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
quote:
Snowflakes already having a meltdown over "angry old white guy alt right fan fiction"

For this alone, I will pay to see it at the theater.

But the trailer did look good...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FN in MT:
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:

I'd imagine that a few dozen Vigilantes could stay busy in Chicago for a long time. FAR too much work for one guy.

Frankly , I liked the AC/DC music.

Lone wolf vigilantes are fine as far as they go. But to really make an impact, you need death squads. Of course, in areas with deeply entrenched criminality, like the area around Daley Plaza, artillery and air support may prove necessary.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
I will gladly pay to see this.

Yippee ki ya.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post