NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home
August 03, 2017, 09:15 PM
andronicus
Looks like a Redbox rental to me.
August 03, 2017, 09:23 PM
T-Boy
quote:

Stealing Clint's "gun finger" from Gran Torino nets you negative Karma points.

No one "stole Clint's gun finger". This is a tribute to the original. It was the very last scene in the movie of Charles Bronson pointing his gun finger at some thugs in the airport.

T-Boy
August 03, 2017, 09:30 PM
LastCubScout
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
Lone wolf vigilantes are fine as far as they go. But to really make an impact, you need death squads. Of course, in areas with deeply entrenched criminality, like the area around Daley Plaza, artillery and air support may prove necessary.

Ooh, I sense a sequel! That sounds like a totally badass storyline!
August 04, 2017, 02:21 AM
Prefontaine
quote:
Originally posted by andronicus:
Looks like a Redbox rental to me.

I saw a Glock and some perps get blown away by a citizen who si stirred of it. Part John Wick, part Falling down. I wait for Rotten Tomatoes but I'll definitely watch on blu-ray.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone
August 04, 2017, 03:08 AM
Bruce, I knew Paul Kersey. Paul Kersey was my hero. And you're no Paul Kersey.

Q

August 04, 2017, 06:50 AM
jljones
quote:
Originally posted by T-Boy:
quote:

Stealing Clint's "gun finger" from Gran Torino nets you negative Karma points.

No one "stole Clint's gun finger". This is a tribute to the original. It was the very last scene in the movie of Charles Bronson pointing his gun finger at some thugs in the airport.

Did Clint steal Bronson's gun finger? Shame on you, Clint. Shame on you. Get off of Bronson's lawn.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

August 04, 2017, 07:16 AM
MNSIG
I've got mixed feelings on this remake. For me, the original worked because of how discreet Bronson was. It wasn't really an "action" film. We'll see.
August 04, 2017, 07:59 AM
Chuck Perry
Surely there must eventually be a liberal turn to the story, where the hero comes to realize his actions are wrong.
August 04, 2017, 08:21 AM
ryan81986
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
I've got mixed feelings on this remake. For me, the original worked because of how discreet Bronson was. It wasn't really an "action" film. We'll see.

Yeah but with this day and age of smart phones, nothing is ever truly discreet.

August 04, 2017, 09:34 AM
striker1
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
Snowflakes already having a meltdown over "angry old white guy alt right fan fiction" Big Grin

https://www.usatoday.com/story...-eli-roth/536641001/

And if was an angry black or hispanic leading character, it would be racist.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

August 04, 2017, 09:44 AM
matai
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
Snowflakes already having a meltdown over "angry old white guy alt right fan fiction" Big Grin

https://www.usatoday.com/story...-eli-roth/536641001/

I wasn't sure but now I'll go see it Smile
August 04, 2017, 09:45 AM
mbinky
What was the Death wish were the old guy had the WWII Brownings in his closet? That was cool Smile
August 04, 2017, 10:50 AM
wrightd
I remember that scene. That was fun for sure.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster
August 04, 2017, 11:03 AM
mrapteam666
I will watch it on Netflix..
It will be a fun way to kill 1.5 to 2hrs.

It is hard to beat or out do Charles Bronson, he just had that hard edge and look to him.

When I saw the thread topic and before I clicked I started groaning, and saying great a millennial is going to do a remake. (I hate the term re-boot)
August 04, 2017, 01:21 PM
parabellum
DEAF WITCH ARE RACIST!!

http://www.foxnews.com/enterta...acist-alt-right.html

I'll go to the theater to watch this film, with the 20 minutes of SENSORY ASSUALT "PREVIEWS" of the complete crap coming out of Commiewood these days, just to piss off the left.

Racist? Puh-leeze, and fuck you. Roll Eyes
August 04, 2017, 01:47 PM
Fenris
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
DEAF WITCH ARE RACIST!!

http://www.foxnews.com/enterta...acist-alt-right.html

I'll go to the theater to watch this film, with the 20 minutes of SENSORY ASSUALT "PREVIEWS" of the complete crap coming out of Commiewood these days, just to piss off the left.

Racist? Puh-leeze, and fuck you. Roll Eyes

I wear earplugs at the theatres these days. It's particularly helpful during the previews and when theatres have their sound system turned up to 11.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.
August 04, 2017, 02:18 PM
Patrick-SP2022
quote:
Eli Roth's Death Wish remake is so nakedly fascist that alt-righters will have an erection before the trailer ends

Can someone 'splain this to me?
I understand the words, but they make little sense.

Roll Eyes

August 04, 2017, 03:47 PM
mbinky
It seems "facist" is the new "racist"; soon neither will mean anything anymore. (The term racist means nothing to me now).

And I'm gonna pay to see this in the theater just because Smile

(I wonder if I should consider The Color Purple "Alt-Left"?)
August 04, 2017, 05:08 PM
jljones
Well, Bruce should really send all of the butt hurt, eco-friendly, gender fluid snowflakes a thank you card for the negative reviews. It isn't even out, and they are ensuring that he's going to make enough money off this film to buy two more houses.

Thanks, Snowflakes!

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"