SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Mindhunter Season 2!!!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mindhunter Season 2!!! Login/Join 
Picture of pulicords
posted
I just learned that Season 2 of the Netflix series "Mindhunter" (based in part on former FBI Profiler John Douglas's book of the same name) will be released on August 16th! There's been some changes in the production staff, but hopefully the quality will remain the same. This series might not have the "action" many viewers demand, but IMHO it's the best portrayal of what the use of behavioral analysis in police work is all about. The theories, tactics, and controversies involved in how interviews/interrogations are conducted and what criminal profiling can/can't do are handled in a mature and intelligent manner.

There may not be many (if any) scenes with fisticuffs or gunfights, but what transpires between the investigators and those they seek to obtain information from or about can be extremely engaging. I'm eagerly awaiting the second season!!!

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
My God, it's about time!

I pretty much gave up on there ever being s season 2. Looking forward to it.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
good series. I'll be tuning in.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
My understanding is that Netflix contracted with the producers for two additional seasons before the first episode was even aired!

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
About time, I'll definitely tune in for Season 2.

Posts: 3531 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I read the book quite a while ago. There are a select group of psychologists that do this kind of work. Also, some forensic psychiatrists. HBO did a documentary on the Iceman, AKA Richard Kuklinski. Park Dietz who is a forensic psychiatrist has interviewed quite of few of these serial killers. Here is a link to his site:

https://www.parkdietzassociates.com/

Dr. Reid Meloy is another expert in aberrant sociopathic behavior. Very impressive psychologist. LINK: http://www.specializedtraining...Presenter.aspx?ID=15

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
watching season 1 - really good.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Great news. I really enjoyed season one. I took a course on profiling back in the early 90's, really cool to see it's beginnings in this series.

Posts: 5301 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
I gave up on season 1... Not sure I have it in me to finish it and watch season 2.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
We just finished rewatching season 1, and we are really looking forward to season 2. It's an excellent drama.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6021 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tha1000:
I gave up on season 1... Not sure I have it in me to finish it and watch season 2.

May I ask why you didn't finish it?

Posts: 5731 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:
quote:

Can't answer for tha100 but a couple of my family members and friends couldn't finish it either. It was due to the matter of fact, off hand way Kemp described his crimes and darkness of the other serial criminals. Some people don't want to be reminded of the darkness in the human soul that is out there. For example for one friend knowing what BTK did and seeing how easy it was for him to enter homes on the screen was terrifying. She actually views her home is her castle-her safe place which is what it should be. She does shooting sports and has a CCW. She has been stalked before. After watching part of Mindhunter, she started Krav Maga and she got a Cane Corso dog and is now working him in protection.

Bulldog7972, you and I see it everyday and learned at an early point in our careers as LEOs; there are no safe places. Evil (lets be honest that is exactly what we have seen a time or two) can happen anywhere.

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
I finally tried this show early Saturday morning. I knew my wife would like it, so we started watching it while eating breakfast. As soon as we watched the first one, she said "They'll never make another season of this, it's way too intelligent". We ended up binge watching it all day.

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7230 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsbcody:
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:
quote:

Can't answer for tha100 but a couple of my family members and friends couldn't finish it either. It was due to the matter of fact, off hand way Kemp described his crimes and darkness of the other serial criminals. Some people don't want to be reminded of the darkness in the human soul that is out there. For example for one friend knowing what BTK did and seeing how easy it was for him to enter homes on the screen was terrifying. She actually views her home is her castle-her safe place which is what it should be. She does shooting sports and has a CCW. She has been stalked before. After watching part of Mindhunter, she started Krav Maga and she got a Cane Corso dog and is now working him in protection.

Bulldog7972, you and I see it everyday and learned at an early point in our careers as LEOs; there are no safe places. Evil (lets be honest that is exactly what we have seen a time or two) can happen anywhere.

Yeah, I was wondering if that was why he couldn't finish it which is btw,ok. Nothing wrong with that if that's the reason. And you are correct in regards to safe places. There are none. I said a long,long time ago that if people really knew the evil that lurks out there, that walks or drives through their neighborhoods especially in the middle of the night they would be shocked. I'v worked a lot of cases in which bad guys were out looking for a victim to hit in the middle of the night. And I mean bad guys, real bad guys. None them gave a whit about dogs or guns. In one case the guy would enter the home, eat, take a dump, steal something he could put in his pocket and leave. But he made sure you knew he was there in your home walking around while you were right there sleeping. We did catch him though but that's another story.

Posts: 5731 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
Season 2 is out now!!

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16177 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AllenInWV:
Season 2 is out now!!
thanks!

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
Holy crap....the dude playing Manson nailed it. Eek

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16177 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
So friggin' pumped, I'm glad I am in the Lair or I might not have seen that it's out. I don't see anything popping up in my emails or on my Netflix.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SigSauerP226,

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2433 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
ok i'll come back to this thread after i've finished S2 lol.

posted Hide Post
My wife and I watched episode 1 of S2 last night. Very good. We'll plow through them all in a week or so.

Posts: 3531 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post