SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Nietzsche, Sartre, Aquinas, Robert Earl Keen--Famous Philosophers
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nietzsche, Sartre, Aquinas, Robert Earl Keen--Famous Philosophers Login/Join 
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted

Posts: 13240 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I enjoy Robert Keen.

Don't forget that great English philosophizer, Mick Jagger: "You can't always get what you want.
But if you try sometimes you might find you get what you need"

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
I enjoy Robert Keen.

Don't forget that great English philosophizer, Mick Jagger: "You can't always get what you want.
But if you try sometimes you might find you get what you need"

Aw, that’s too deep for me, man

Posts: 13240 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
When you read that, did you finish it in your head with: "Nee-ee-ed?"

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
When you read that, did you finish it in your head with: "Nee-ee-ed?"
Big Grin

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Technically I finished up with "Oh, yeah", but...yeah.

The day will come when Kinky Friedman gets the respect he's due as a cracker barrel philosopher. The funny part is that he'll probably get it as a mystery writer rather than a country and western musician. Chinga Chavin, OTOH, will be undeservedly forgotten within a generation. I guess dry humpin' must'a fell out of fashion during the 60's.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
uber-geek
Picture of rwdflynavy
posted Hide Post
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

"To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them." ~George Mason

chartprepping.com Retirement Planning and Random Musings from a Military Perspective

Posts: 3391 | Location: Big Lick Virginia | Registered: April 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
In the words of the philosopher Socrates "I DRANK WHAT?!?!?"

This example of didacticism in action was surpassed by another great philosopher, Baron Eggbert Essex Algernon Bartholomew von und zu Mouse (my pet rodent as a teen) who said "Eeek, eeek, eeeek" which translates as "Hemlock, you stupid sod. You drank Hemlock."

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31430 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Further musings of the philosopher, Robert Eart Keen. This'll remind you of Suite Judy Blue Eyes--only in that there are several movements to this song.

The singer you hear near the end singing a verse from "The Cowboy's Lament" is indeed, Ray Price. REK tells the story of recording this song and says that Ray Price liked to smoke pot.

posted Hide Post
Big fan of Robert Earl Keen. He typical he does a show in our town once a year. Always look forward to it.

"The road goes on forever and the party never ends..."!

Made in Texas, in the good ole' U.S. of A.

Posts: 242 | Location: Western North Carolina | Registered: May 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post