Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A star is born Login/Join 
posted
the trailers looked really good in the theater.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...r_Is_Born_(2018_film)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSbzyEJ8X9E

this will be my second movie in 10 years ! Big Grin

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
one movie that might actually be better than the original

------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:

The original "A Star is Born" is the 1954 movie starring James Mason and Judy Garland. From the trailer it looks like the re-make of the re-make will be different, not necessarily better.

Posts: 4976 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Was all in until I saw Gaga.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12568 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:

If's she's good, and the movie is good, I don't care. We'll see.

To me though, she has a more realistic human look as opposed to some impossibly beautiful actress. (Not that I mind looking at those either.)

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9144 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
as multi talented as she is, her political views, drug or alcohol abuse, thoughts on religion go out the window.

just like three dozen other performers.

Donny and marie also sinned Roll Eyes

I don't think that that james cordon fella has a lick of talent, nary a bit .

can't figure out how he has a tv show.

but two nights ago he had Paul McCartney in his car in liverpool driving around , and I watched the whole damn show, could not take my eyes off, even sat through the commercials.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
quote:

If's she's good, and the movie is good, I don't care. We'll see.

To me though, she has a more realistic human look as opposed to some impossibly beautiful actress. (Not that I mind looking at those either.)

I understand, I just don’t care for her or her music. All the costuming and bs, just sing. That’s what Adele does. I don’t like her music either but I respect her. I’m sure this movie will make money. Everyone will cream their pants that Gaga is in a movie. I just won’t be seeing it even though I like Cooper. I’ll watch it on satellite when it gets there.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12568 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I’ll go see it. I like Gaga for what she is

She tried to break into the music business as Stephanie Germania and it didn’t work. So she created a persona that did. The woman can sing. Just like Adele. Gaga adapted to her environment, and found a way to be wildly successful. Even if I don’t dig on her music (or politics) no one can deny her voice.. I like the genuine, just her, look. And I agree with the character in the film....I think she is pretty. She has become less about the wild make up look as she has gotten older, and apparently has fibromyalgia (a whole different conversation).

I will see it. The woman has a voice like few others. And I like Cooper.

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Saw it last night. The girlfriend is a Gaga fan and she “encouraged” me to take her. I must say I enjoyed it. The music was great. I think Bradley Cooper definitely has a future as a director. While the broad strokes are the same as the originals and previous remakes it definitely deviates. The soundtrack is available on multiple streaming platforms and the rock and country stuff is very good. Willie Nelson’s kid had a hand in the music writing.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by marksman41:
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:

The original "A Star is Born" is the 1954 movie starring James Mason and Judy Garland. From the trailer it looks like the re-make of the re-make will be different, not necessarily better.

actually - if we want to get technical (as I read about it) - the original-original is from 1937

so this is the 4th version : 1937 / 1954 / 1976 / 2018

------------------------------------------------

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
I tried to see the movie last night. When my daughter and I got to the ticket booth only the front row of seats was available. Went home. Maybe the early show on Monday as we are off for the holiday.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4011 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll see it just cuz of this clip...……...DAMN Big Grin

Posts: 779 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
My wife told me this morning that she would like to see this movie tomorrow (Sunday). It’ll be all new for me; I’ve never seen any of the previous versions

Posts: 13164 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
yeah the man-card may get pulled for a bit - but that's a good clip

-----------------------------------

Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
quote:

Me too. I saw her on that lop eared SOB on the lat show on CBS a couple nights ago. Getting down on our new Supreme Court Justice. She's sex abuse survivor too she claims

Posts: 13014 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
that's okay

i'll have another nice frosty glass of liberal tears

we drink their milkshake !

----------------------------------

Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
It’s great

Posts: 13164 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
The scenes between Sam Elliott and Bradly Cooper are great. You might get something in your eye.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
I heard that Cooper was going to have his vocals dubbed in by somebody else but she said she wouldn’t do it unless he sang. He had to go learn to sing and then they made it.

I don’t get too upset with entertainer’s politics. They have every right as a free American to be an idiot. Most talented artists have a screw loose somewhere. Think about it.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
It was very good. Gaga, Cooper and Elliott were all fantastic

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post