SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Perception of aging 'fun fact'....
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Perception of aging 'fun fact'.... Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted
Tom Cruise is 56 and did his own stunts in the latest Mission Impossible.

Wilford Brimley was 50 when he filmed Cocoon.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
He must sacrifice virgins or something.

Posts: 11151 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
I should convert to Scientology.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17246 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good genes? OTOH, I would guess if you can afford high end trainers and the best medical care, you can probably stay in great shape longer than the average person.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
Looking like that is his full time job. The acting gig is a side job.

A personal trainer ,stylist, and nutritionist likely don’t hurt.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5130 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
I should convert to Scientology.

Once you pay 'em something like $10 or $15 Million you get > ETERNAL LIFE.
Not a bad deal if you can afford it.

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Duh... He's a vampire.

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
diet and lifestyle.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Good genes? OTOH, I would guess if you can afford high end trainers and the best medical care, you can probably stay in great shape longer than the average person.

And have the ability to spend two or three hours a day at the gym. I don't begrudge him for it, but it isn't realistic for most.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Some plastic surgery and hair dye.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
My wife and I saw Cruise’s latest this past weekend. Incredible stunts. “Plastic surgery and hair dye.” Hahahahahaha

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The way Brimley looked in his 50's landed him a LOT of acting jobs. Somehow I don't think a lean, dark haired Brimley would have landed him too many roles.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
Keanu does his own stunts and is a couple of years older than Toby Jones. (However, Toby could act rings 'round Keanu.)

Posts: 5580 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
His thetan levels are off the charts. He's an L7 after all...

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I remember my dad at 53. He was so much older than I am.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:

And have the ability to spend two or three hours a day at the gym. I don't begrudge him for it, but it isn't realistic for most.

Yep. Tom Cruise's career hinges on looking like Tom Cruise. Once Tom Cruise no longer looks like Tom Cruise, he'll have to live off Tom Cruise's retirement, and what a sad day that will be for Tom Cruise and perhaps, all the rest of us. Just imagine a world with no youthful-looking Tom Cruise! Heresy, I say! Tom Cruise can't imagine it, and he challenges ye nay-sayers to say it may someday be so! Can't be done! Tom Cruise is Tom Cruise and it's an immutable state of being! How do we know this? Because only Tom Cruise is Tom Cruise! Schrodinger's cat doesn't have shit on Tomcat!

I'm waiting for his nose to fall off on camera.

Posts: 17059 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
People find it hard to believe I'm 52

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post