SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Netflix and Prime
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Netflix and Prime Login/Join 
Picture of dan03833
posted
Need some movie recommedations... horror, action & sci-fi, please.

Posts: 1535 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: February 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
Harry Brown is on Amazon Prime. I really enjoyed it.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3575 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Amazon has a whole selection of horror movies out due to Halloween.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Haunting of Hill House on Netflix

Posts: 97 | Location: Alabama  | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Stranger Things on Netflix.

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
While not movies, some great series:

Bosch on Prime.

Altered Carbon (science fiction) on Netflix

Stan Vs. Evil (seasons 1&2) on Hulu. Season 3 starts Halloween night.

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I watched "No Country for Old Men" on Netflix the other night. If you haven't seen it, you should. Pretty gruesome.

____

I'm filled with gratitude for the blessings I've received.

Posts: 707 | Location: So Cal | Registered: September 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Seasonal-ish choices on Netflix:

Asian cinema
Train to Busan
The Host
Battle Royale
Mother

English Speaking films
Teeth
Tucker and Dale vs Evil
The Signal
Dreamcatcher

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Stranger Things, for sure.

If you don't mind animation, Season 2 of Castlevania just came out on Netflix. It's worth watching.

Posts: 32424 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
Add in "The Man From Nowhere", fantastic Korean action film. It is or was available on both Netflix and Amazon.

"Wind River" (my favorite film from last year) is on Netflix.

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Tucker and Dale vs Evil on Netflix. It’s like Ernest Goes to Elm Street or something.

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Let Me In, which is the American adaptation of the Swedish Let the Right One In is on Amazon. The Swedish version is best but I also liked the American version.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of muddle_mann
posted Hide Post
The Expanse

Pissed off beats scared every time…

- Frank Castle

Posts: 3810 | Registered: March 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Gone Baby Gone is on netflix right now. Fantastic film, imo.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10472 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prime has Dog Soldiers. It is a pretty good British werewolf movie from 2002.

"I, however, place economy among the first and most important republican virtues, and public debt as the greatest of the dangers to be feared." Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1538 | Location: Hartford, AL | Registered: April 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Lillihammer - Netflix

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:

Yeah it is.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
quote:

I just saw it on one of my Direct TV channels last week. Hadn't seen it before, it was a really good movie. But...

I almost had to switch on the close captioning, it sounded like those Bostonians were speaking another language sometimes Wink

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of scot818
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Tucker and Dale vs Evil on Netflix. It’s like Ernest Goes to Elm Street or something.

Tucker and Dale was one of the most unexpectedly great movies I’ve seen in years. Stranger things was also a lot of fun. The Penny Dreadful series was good. The Frankenstein Chronicles was good right until the last episode of the first season then it went off the tracks for me. The Santa Clarita diet was fun. It’s about the only thing zombie related I’ll watch these days.

My favorite series is still Bosch on prime.

Posts: 1440 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post