New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dream Theater Login/Join 
Picture of dsiets
posted
...Doing Pink Floyd. 'Nuff said.

Posts: 7354 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One of my favorite bands(but without Portnoy, just not the same) covering probably my favorite band of all time.

DT is serious serious musicianship.

Posts: 722 | Location: Maine | Registered: October 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
DT is serious serious musicianship.

True dat. Cool

Posts: 22899 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
Portnoy is great in Winery Dogs,

saw them live pre cooties, great show,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10420 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
Portnoy is great in Winery Dogs,

saw them live pre cooties, great show,

I was lucky enough to see DT in 2002 on the 6 Degrees of Inner Turbulence tour (with MP on drums).

During his drum solo, another drummer came out to do a little jam back and forth with MP.

That guy was Mike Mangini (who was teaching at Berklee).

I think most of the audience was made up of musicians(including my 2 buddies who were there with me). Just in awe of the talent.

MP is so good on all kinds of stuff...Transatlantic, OSI, Adrenaline Mob, Sons of Apollo.

Just tremendous and definitely my favorite drummer.

Posts: 722 | Location: Maine | Registered: October 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Portnoy tangent: new Liquid Tension Experiment album released this year, good as expected.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2363 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigJacket:
Portnoy tangent: new Liquid Tension Experiment album released this year, good as expected.

Got it last month :O)

Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ptb351:
quote:
Originally posted by SigJacket:

Got it last month :O)

Getting it Monday. I was unaware. Eek

Posts: 7354 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Saw them live on their World Tourbulence Tour in 2002. Love them and now I feel old.

Posts: 41 | Registered: May 18, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fwbulldog
posted Hide Post
Every time I see that period of DT I laugh at Petrucci's "kyle" hair. He's figuring some stuff out about himself. Lol.

Love me some DT. Saw them in 1992 on the Images and words tour, several times since, and got to catch the 25th IAW anniversary.

They truly do appreciate their fans. John would be fun to interview.

Posts: 3017 | Location: Round Rock | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post