SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Rise of Skywalker - Spoiler Discussions
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rise of Skywalker - Spoiler Discussions Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted
You've been warned, plot points and spoilers ahead!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Rey is Luke’s father.....never saw that coming. Razz

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7674 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
There are spoilers already?

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
There are spoilers already?

It was supposed to in theaters a bit early in Japan, IIRC. I'll have to check up on that.

ETA: Looks like the premier was last night, so legit spoilers should be available now.

ETA: Videos released within the last few hours:

It looks like it's a flaming bag of dogshit. Leaks confirmed. Hard pass for me.

Posts: 17110 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Since I have no intentions or desires to see another star war movie I'm looking forward to the spoilers. Smile

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
"LGBT kissing" in the spoiler. Oh boy. Yup, Kennedy and Disney cramming the SJW right up your ass. LMAO at this whole series of shit films.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12620 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I saw some spoiler discussions where it's shown that someone is flying Luke's vintage X-Wing in the finale but how can that be?

When Luke was on that island hideout, you clearly saw bits and pieces of his X-Wing used when he built his hut, like the door was part of the wing.

Posts: 33757 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
I saw some spoiler discussions where it's shown that someone is flying Luke's vintage X-Wing in the finale but how can that be?

When Luke was on that island hideout, you clearly saw bits and pieces of his X-Wing used when he built his hut, like the door was part of the wing.

Per the second video I linked above, he appears as a force ghost when Mary Sue tries to throw the lightsaber that Leia's force ghost previously gave her (yellow blade) in a fire and guides it back into her hands and then lifts the X-Wing out of the water.

Bad writing.

Posts: 17110 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:

Per the second video I linked above, he appears as a force ghost when Mary Sue tries to throw the lightsaber that Leia's force ghost previously gave her (yellow blade) in a fire and guides it back into her hands and then lifts the X-Wing out of the water.

Bad writing.

Wow, more force ghosts. Just what we need. Roll Eyes

Heck, why not have an entire squad of force ghosts, and bring back Jar Jar Binks ("it needs more gungans"), "Little Annie," and Qui Gon. . .

Or get Force Ghost Yoda (TM) to return and electrocute Palpatine. Force ghosts can materially affect the natural world now, after all. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21838 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:

Bad writing.

When the F did Leia get a yellow lightsaber?

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:

When did Leia have the skill and knowledge of the Force to come back as a force ghost in the first place?

In Ep III, Yoda assigns Obi Wan some 'extra lessons' which presumably enables him to come back as a force ghost in the original trilogy. This implies that ONLY those with special training can do this.

Leia had absolutely NO real force ability in the original 3 movies. The closest she came to using the force was in Jedi when she tells Han that Luke made it off the Death Star alive "I can feel it." We don't know if this was "the force," or just intuition, or just positive thinking.

This made it even more stupid in Ep 8 when Leia suddenly 'flew' through space back from the dead. There was nothing in existing movie canon that would explain how she suddenly had this ability (this is almost as bad as Rey Mary Sue becoming a "Jedi in a Day" with no real training).

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21838 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
And this is where Lucas went wrong, trying to explain away everything - force ghost, immortality, force power via a blood test, etc, etc.

S
T
U
P
I
D

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
quote:

Bad writing.

Wow, more force ghosts. Just what we need. Roll Eyes

Hey, from all the reports of the leaks, they at least toned it way the fuck down. Supposedly, there was a scene that was tested that ranked about 12% positive with the polled audience where every Jedi ever shows up as a force ghost to back up and channel their powers to Mary Sue in the final moments.

quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
electrocute Palpatine. Force ghosts can materially affect the natural world now, after all. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

That's how he dies. Mary Sue directs all his force lightning back at him and kills him with it. Yep. Oh, and one of the tested scenes involved all that force lightning going up into space and frying the hidden fleet of star destroyers. Yep.

quote:
quote:
Bad writing.

Bad writing? Supposedly, there's a retcon CGI scene where Leia is trained by Luke in the past and is given a lightsaber.

You know what? Guys, just watch the videos I linked, lol. If it's accurate, it's all in there. It'll save all of us time. So far, I'm not seeing anything to discredit it.

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Looks like the reported Poe-Finn romance from the failed screenings got scrubbed and the LGBT community gets to simply be satisfied in representation with some lesbians kissing in the background of one of the final scenes.

Gimme 'dem vapors!

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
And this is where Lucas went wrong, trying to explain away everything - force ghost, immortality, force power via a blood test, etc, etc.

S
T
U
P
I
D

No, it was episode 1 with the midi-chlamydias. It’s been Roll Eyes ever since.

Star Wars
ESB
ROTJ
R1

The rest of it is absolute shit. Terrible stories, SJW fest, cgi out the ass with good ol’ handjob and his shaky cam technique. I’m glad I’m not a gambler. If someone would have bet me these movies would be this bad when Disney bought the franchise I would have bet a lot of money, and lost. First the Fat Boys break up and now this. Nothing to believe in any more.

Posts: 12620 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
No, it was episode 1 with the midi-chlamydias. It’s been Roll Eyes ever since.

I'm a Sith Lord Jar Jar Binks believer, and that said, I totally agree with everything else you said, but that theory makes the prequels make a lot more sense, as far as the evolution of a storyline goes. It also makes it look like an extra huge turd that happened to fall out of Lucas' ass that he tried to immediately fix in the next film. "The Phantom Menace" was quite likely meant to refer to 'ol Jar-Jar. There's some footage of Lucas at a development meeting where he says "Jar-Jar is the key to this whole thing." Even the guy who voiced him chimed in about how someone finally figured it out.

It was a bunch of shit writing, and since that one face-planted so hard, it's been "scene selection by peer group committee" ever since. They took what should have been the most interesting character in the series (Anakin as a child) and had an untalented child actor perform the role, and they spent 2/3rds of the film on stuff nobody cares about that has nothing to do with anything. Then they took what was arguably the most badass bad guy to show up on the big screen and gave him two dubbed lines and about five minutes of screen time before they gave him a total shit death scene. I could go on.

That movie was a disservice to the fans. The next one was only marginally better because lightsabers, and the next one only marginally better because MORE lightsabers. Disney doesn't understand how lightstabers work. That could be part of why they fail.

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
It’s the writing man. When film is bad, it’s the writing, or the directing. Good writing can make a badly directed film. Excellent directing can make up for bad writing, or bad acting. But nothing makes up for bad writing and dumb stories. The story has to be compelling, the directing has to be solid, the acting has to be good, not great. Those are the keys (among 1,000 others) or the main keys to success. And that is where Disney fails. Too worried about hitting every age demo, playable to China, gotta make safe space for SJW too, fit into current political times. They should have said fuck it, let’s kill it on the writing and hope for a PG13 rating. Push it. Great film is film that the creator is pushing it on. The first 3 released films were just that. Cutting edge, flipping the bird, out there nonsense space drama. But the writing, directing, and acting was all good. The stories made it what they are. These stories are shit. The directing is bad, acting isn’t much better. Since the original trilogy was released I’ve seen one decent Star Wars film and it was just that, decent, not great, but good, and it was a spin-off. The rest have been an embarrassment. When you try to play it too safe you fail. I mean the first film of this hot mess with Mary Sue, was like a carbon copy of Ep 4. JJ Handjob trying to play it ultra safe and get the plane off the ground. It was terrible, I tolerated it in hope of Rian doing something as Looper was excellent. Thought that was a solid sci-fi film. But damn if he didn’t dookie up the whole thing, no I take that back, diarrhea. Now I see he is listed as the director for the first film in the next Star Wars trilogy. Call me a paramedic.

Lucas’s prequels. That’s an easy one. Back in 1999 or whenever the fuck it was, we were all jazzed. Went to the biggest theater in the metro, had tickets, etc, and this was when you waited in line instead of clicking a month before. We had our tickets, waiting in line, as the first showing let out. People were chanting “Star Wars sucks!” And I mean people were pissed off, royally. Back in them days 20 years ago something like this meant standing on your feet for hours to get in. I have never before or since seen people that pissed off walking out of a film. I’ve seen dejected, I’ve seen disappointment but never pure hatred and disgust. And I can vividly remember the beginning of the film as Taken and McGregor melting a damn steel security door with sabers and thinking “kick ass!” Only to have the doo doo start dumping down on the audience. It’s been a fucking travesty ever since.

Look at the Marvel films and their stories. A hair better but that isn’t saying much, what I’d call shit still. Lowest common denominator. Now the force ghosts revive Mary Sue after she is dead. Oh my. It’s all set now. Just need a lesbian African American lead now in the next film. Then Disney can cross universes and have Thor, sorry Lady Thor, Guardians of the Galaxy, etc, fight the next Sith Lord. Avengers vs. Star Wars in a Predator vs. Aliens deal. I wouldn’t be surprised at all. The Evil Empire, I mean the First Order, has defeated the Last Jedi. That bitch is dead. Then Lady Thor shows up with Captain Marvel and the Fantastic Four and they take the First Order down. Mix and match the series up and make 50 films over 15 years. My goodness Disney is a bunch of clowns. There is a reason why the great films every year are the indies and lower budget films. Those film makers just make great films that they hope people will grasp. Disney it’s all about those dollars, that’s all that matters. So flatline the fucker and market the hell out of it. It works on the sheep but it doesn’t work on me. These films are absolutely terrible. Hearing the story as told by people that have seen it, oh my. I was hoping Thanos shows up, and everyone dies, and that’s it. Too bad Wink

bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
Weren't yellow blades typically associated with the temple guards? White/silver for the "grey jedi", etc? I mean this stuff is already canon with Clone Wars accepted as canonical.

I bet Dave Filoni is laughing his ass off at JarJar Abrams and Rianne Johnson.

EDIT:

If you've lost Jeremy Johns, you've forgotten the face of your father.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9152 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Early reviews are not good.

Several have stated this feeling about it:

"...it’s like being force-fed fandom: Your belly is filled, but there’s no pleasure in the meal.”

'Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker' reviews pan 'soulless,' 'convoluted' final installment

Posts: 33757 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
Weren't yellow blades typically associated with the temple guards? White/silver for the "grey jedi", etc? I mean this stuff is already canon with Clone Wars accepted as canonical.

I believe you’re correct. I know in the EU, that’s the case, and I remember the temple guards during Ahsoka’s trial had yellow force pikes. Hard to say what Disney seems “canon” at this point, since they’ve thrown out so much of what mattered.

Prefontaine: