SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Rise of Skywalker - Spoiler Discussions
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rise of Skywalker - Spoiler Discussions Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
"LGBT kissing" in the spoiler. Oh boy. Yup, Kennedy and Disney cramming the SJW right up your ass. LMAO at this whole series of shit films.

A nearly two and 1/2 hour movie and in a big celebration scene at the end after the good guys won where everyone is hugging and cheering, there are two women in the background doing a quick kiss. Yep, that destroyed the entire movie. Children watching this movie keyed on that second of film and are undoubtedly scarred for life. Not feeling the outrage.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
At least Chewie finally got his medal

That was exactly my thought. Did Leia just have a spare one laying around, for others to find when she finally died? Was Chewie originally supposed to get it in ANH, but someone screwed up, and Leia was too embarrassed to give it to him later?

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
This review I think nails everything on the head. JJ just sucks, period.

Banking on nostalgia.

https://youtu.be/2fiN7ua__Q0

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12568 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
So, I finally saw it yesterday. I went in determined to focus on the positive, and overlook as much of the negative as possible. EVEN THEN, it was hard to enjoy. At about half way through, I just wanted it to end.

It was better than episode 8, but not by much. There were countless plot holes, plot points that they just pulled out of their butts, and several places where I just sat there all “WTH did I just see?”

Just a couple gripes. The whole “Palpatine is back” thing was just pulled out of JJ’s butt. There was no foreshadowing, no clue whatsoever that he would appear; just BOOM! opening scrawl saying he’s back, with no explanation whatsoever of how he survived Return/Jedi. There was just too much unexplained. Now, I don’t need every. single. thing. explained to me (like where Han Solo got his last name or what Boba Fett was like as a whiny brat), but there was just too much to swallow at once. So, Palpatine is hiding out in some super mystery planet. Fine. BUT, where do the hundreds of ships come from? How did he conjure up the shipyards, much less the millions of people, necessary to build and crew these ships? All the while nobody noticed? How did they recruit? Oh, and you need a Sith GPS to find the place, but there are only 2 in the entire galaxy. Then how did the millions of people who built these ships get there?

And the final act was just a bunch of stuff happening at the same time. YET AGAIN, like Ep8 (with the heroes suddenly just magically knowing how to disable the ONE tracker on Snoke’s ship), the heroes come up with a fool-proof plan to destroy the ENTIRE Final Order fleet. Like, they cannot take off without a GPS? WTH? And, there is ONE beacon that cannot be destroyed by a strafing run, but in order to give Finn something to do, needs a ‘ground assault.’ And they are in atmosphere somehow so they can run around the exterior of the ‘command ship’ that can’t take off for the entire 20 minutes this last battle took? And these state-of-the-art Star Destroyers can be ‘one-shot-killed’ by a single fighter on a single strafing run? Who the heck designed these things – Jar Jar Binks or the aliens from Independence Day? Or it was another Rogue One thing where a spy designed this flaw into the ships and nobody figured out how vulnerable they were? Bad writing.

And, once again, the bad guys have HUNDREDS of fighters, yet they launch a grand total of about 40 of them to fight off the rebel fighters. Then, all of a sudden, this massive rebel fleet just appears. After all the drama of the previous year at Crait, when NO ONE came, suddenly Lando can convince several hundred ships to just appear (maybe each ship was captained by one of his old girlfriends?). That is deus ex machina at its worst.

What else. Oh, the whole thing where Rey burns the ship and tries to take up permanent residency on Luke’s island was just lame. She burns her ship, but magically, the Sith GPS survives. Oh, and Luke pulls Red 5 out of the ocean, where it has been setting for years. Like that will fly. Submerge a BICYCLE in the ocean for 5+ years, and try to ride it when you pull it out. Bad writing, even though we are supposed to geek out “OMG RED FIVE!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHH NERDGASM!!!!”

Nope.

And how did Kylo Ren get to Planet Palpatine, and where did he find a functioning TIE fighter? It could not have come from the 30-yr old wreck of the Death Star, as none of those from that era could go light speed (not gonna even ask how the Death Star 2 wreckage ended up on an ocean planet, when it was obliterated while orbiting the Endor moon – because they didn’t explain THAT one, either). Maybe he got it from the other Star Destroyer that was on the planet (the one the mutineers had)? Because reasons, I guess. Now, the fight between him and the Knights of Ren was cool, especially where Rey teleports him the light saber (and I’ll even overlook the whole ‘force teleportation’ thing).

When they were sinking in quick sand, and thought they were literally going to die, why didn’t Rey simply levitate them all? They showed her just a half hour previously levitating with a bunch of rocks, yet she forgot how to when they were all in mortal peril? And they just HAPPEN to find the dagger, and Chewie just HAPPENS to be on another shuttle. And they can fly a ship that’s been rotting in the desert for decades, and the storm troopers don’t try to capture everybody, just taking Chewie while the heroes are sitting there in the ship unaware? And they just sneak on board a Star Destroyer, shoot about 6 troopers in the hangar, and wander off without hindrance, and plutz along to the detention cell (why does this all sound familiar?) and shoot another 20 storm troopers with just a flesh wound in return (yeah, I know, they had a magic transponder, but nobody on the ship or in flight control thought to ask who was in this ship and what they were doing). And then escape really easily.

And C3PO, being his ANNOYING self, can read the ‘Sith language’ (which is a thing now?), but can’t tell anybody? If he is ‘forbidden by programming’ to translate it to anybody else, WHY is he even programmed to read it in the first place? Like they don’t have Google Translate on any of their equipment, either? I was honestly hoping C3PO would finally DIE, but they even denied me that pleasure.

Oh, and now Finn has the Force, too (he was shown ‘knowing’ when Leia died, IIRC). Hey, why not?

At least they sidelined Rose. She was almost as annoying as C3PO. And I loved the new little droid, D-O. I want one of those. The visual of the Star Destroyer rising out of the ocean was really cool.

And Leia having been trained by Luke now? How convenient. Of course, NONE of that was even hinted at earlier, but hey, why not. And terrify us with more creepy Leia CGI like in Rogue One. I literally cringed at that one when she raised her helmet visor.

And Han Solo is in this one, too, because why not at this point? (This was another WTH moment for me). I was waiting for Jar Jar and Padme to show up. It would not have surprised me much at that point.

And at the end, there were more WTH moments when (for reasons, I guess) these star destroyers were being shown crashing on Endor, Jakku, and elsewhere? I guess maybe I think the rebels were mopping up the First Order at this point, but it would have been nice to maybe explain this a bit? Oh, heck, nobody cares – just show some creepy Ewoks and the nerds will love it.

Palpatine himself was kind of neat, but they had to shoehorn him in there somehow since Ep 8 left them without a Big Bad to fight. And I guess they needed an ‘epic space battle’ to end the franchise, but I would have thought it would’ve been a bit better than what they showed. I watched Frozen 2 last week, and I have to say, it’s a pretty sad state of things when a Disney princess movie has SO MUCH BETTER WRITING than a Star Wars movie.

Now, I will buy the Blu Ray and watch it at least a dozen times next year, but that doesn’t negate the fact that Disney is treating the franchise very poorly. Yes, Ep 7 was a conservative movie basically repeating the plot to A New Hope. I really enjoyed it, and they really did a good job in writing and producing it. One gets the impression that they actually tried to make a decent movie. Not so for Eps 8 and 9. They just threw a lot of stuff together, thinking the sheeple wouldn’t care as long as it was flashy enough, and that the nerds wouldn’t care if they showed Wedge Antilles and Red 5. . .

When I leave a movie theater, I should be marveling at the story telling, the plot twists, and the drama (my wife and I still gush about Frozen 2). I should not be glad that it’s over. Now, she’s not a nerd, and she liked it. And I bet it does well in China. But, as a “Star Wars” movie, it was a big failure. Perhaps it was a case of ‘doing the best they could with what they had to work with’ after Ep 8, but they certainly could have done better. . .

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21821 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My son and I watched it last night and in my personal opinion, it wasn't bad. It was much better than the prior two. I don't get how Luke ghosted himself in the second one and thought maybe he would return in this one, but that didn't happen. The whole "life giving/aiding/healing" thing was odd. I guess they are trying to make them "God-like" characters, which I figure was no more than just a jab at how much hollyweird hates certain religions. Also, the kiss between the two women was not needed in my opinion other than again, a jab at certain religions. Just my 2 cents

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
I got to see ROS a week ago, Sunday. I guess that was Day Two of its general availability.

I'm one of those who saw the original in a theater when it first debuted. I liked ROS because they "ended the saga."

Now, here's my take:

Star Wars was first and always, a movie for kids! It's nothing more than a silly space western. There wasn't much to the original story. Take away the helmets and blasters, and you've got white hats, black hats and revolvers.

Somewhere along the line, people started to take this stuff way too seriously. Novels, web sites, probably many doctoral theses and more have arisen out of what was then -- and still is -- a fantasy story meant to entertain people for a couple of hours.

No, this won't go down in history as one of the top ten movies of all time. I don't think it was meant to. It was meant to put some more coin into Disney's (and by extension, George Lucas's) wallet, while entertaining the audience and wrapping up a story that's been raging on for 42 years.

As one who was a young adult when the first film was released, I'm pleased the saga has finally ended before I die!

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
No comment here--I haven't seen it, and probably won't. I think I've seen 2 or maybe all of the original 3 episodes, but none of the "prequel" or "sequel" ones. Somehow, I've survived.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Protect Your Nuts
posted Hide Post
My thoughts/issues not already mentioned:

1) Why does everyone keep dying of exhaustion? Seriously, maybe bring a water bottle or something.
2) The beginning really felt thrown together. Maybe that was Carrie Fisher’s death or was Abram’s attempt to get the movie back on track quick.
3) Abrams seems to have just taken a bunch of random ideas from the Timothy Zahn books (hidden empire fleet, Emperor returning (was a clone in the books), plus a bunch of random stuff from other works.

Overall despite the above I enjoyed it for what it was. With all the “nods” he tried to give to other material shoved in there it’s no wonder it felt full of plot holes. Frankly I haven’t seen Abrams do anything really original past Lost.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"deserves" ain't got nothin to do with it.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posts: 2695 | Location: VA, mostly | Registered: June 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
"LGBT kissing" in the spoiler. Oh boy. Yup, Kennedy and Disney cramming the SJW right up your ass. LMAO at this whole series of shit films.

A nearly two and 1/2 hour movie and in a big celebration scene at the end after the good guys won where everyone is hugging and cheering, there are two women in the background doing a quick kiss. Yep, that destroyed the entire movie. Children watching this movie keyed on that second of film and are undoubtedly scarred for life. Not feeling the outrage.

It's more of a "didn't have to be there" and "didn't add anything to the movie" thing, as well as continually forcing the SJW agenda. The version shown in Taiwan had this scene cut out.

Posts: 4976 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by marksman41:
The version shown in Taiwan had this scene cut out.

That doesn't surprise me. They've either omitted or greatly reduced the size of John Boyega/Finn on the release movie posters over there also because he's black. Pander to the Chinese and push an agenda here in the USA. Rose was an attempt at this also, kill two birds with one stone by introducing an Asian actress. But they fucked up and didn't cast a Chinese actress, they cast a Vietnamese woman and it backfired on them because the Chinese are apparently racist towards every other Asian culture. Oooops.

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I loved the movie for purely meta reasons.

The movie as a whole was a mess but watching them bend over backwards to fix the sins of episode 8 just tickled me pink. Hilarious.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
RTG Parts
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
So, I finally saw it yesterday. I went in determined to focus on the positive, and overlook as much of the negative as possible. EVEN THEN, it was hard to enjoy. At about half way through, I just wanted it to end.

It was better than episode 8, but not by much. There were countless plot holes, plot points that they just pulled out of their butts, and several places where I just sat there all “WTH did I just see?”

Just a couple gripes. The whole “Palpatine is back” thing was just pulled out of JJ’s butt. There was no foreshadowing, no clue whatsoever that he would appear; just BOOM! opening scrawl saying he’s back, with no explanation whatsoever of how he survived Return/Jedi. There was just too much unexplained. Now, I don’t need every. single. thing. explained to me (like where Han Solo got his last name or what Boba Fett was like as a whiny brat), but there was just too much to swallow at once. So, Palpatine is hiding out in some super mystery planet. Fine. BUT, where do the hundreds of ships come from? How did he conjure up the shipyards, much less the millions of people, necessary to build and crew these ships? All the while nobody noticed? How did they recruit? Oh, and you need a Sith GPS to find the place, but there are only 2 in the entire galaxy. Then how did the millions of people who built these ships get there?

And the final act was just a bunch of stuff happening at the same time. YET AGAIN, like Ep8 (with the heroes suddenly just magically knowing how to disable the ONE tracker on Snoke’s ship), the heroes come up with a fool-proof plan to destroy the ENTIRE Final Order fleet. Like, they cannot take off without a GPS? WTH? And, there is ONE beacon that cannot be destroyed by a strafing run, but in order to give Finn something to do, needs a ‘ground assault.’ And they are in atmosphere somehow so they can run around the exterior of the ‘command ship’ that can’t take off for the entire 20 minutes this last battle took? And these state-of-the-art Star Destroyers can be ‘one-shot-killed’ by a single fighter on a single strafing run? Who the heck designed these things – Jar Jar Binks or the aliens from Independence Day? Or it was another Rogue One thing where a spy designed this flaw into the ships and nobody figured out how vulnerable they were? Bad writing.

And, once again, the bad guys have HUNDREDS of fighters, yet they launch a grand total of about 40 of them to fight off the rebel fighters. Then, all of a sudden, this massive rebel fleet just appears. After all the drama of the previous year at Crait, when NO ONE came, suddenly Lando can convince several hundred ships to just appear (maybe each ship was captained by one of his old girlfriends?). That is deus ex machina at its worst.

What else. Oh, the whole thing where Rey burns the ship and tries to take up permanent residency on Luke’s island was just lame. She burns her ship, but magically, the Sith GPS survives. Oh, and Luke pulls Red 5 out of the ocean, where it has been setting for years. Like that will fly. Submerge a BICYCLE in the ocean for 5+ years, and try to ride it when you pull it out. Bad writing, even though we are supposed to geek out “OMG RED FIVE!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHH NERDGASM!!!!”

Nope.

And how did Kylo Ren get to Planet Palpatine, and where did he find a functioning TIE fighter? It could not have come from the 30-yr old wreck of the Death Star, as none of those from that era could go light speed (not gonna even ask how the Death Star 2 wreckage ended up on an ocean planet, when it was obliterated while orbiting the Endor moon – because they didn’t explain THAT one, either). Maybe he got it from the other Star Destroyer that was on the planet (the one the mutineers had)? Because reasons, I guess. Now, the fight between him and the Knights of Ren was cool, especially where Rey teleports him the light saber (and I’ll even overlook the whole ‘force teleportation’ thing).

When they were sinking in quick sand, and thought they were literally going to die, why didn’t Rey simply levitate them all? They showed her just a half hour previously levitating with a bunch of rocks, yet she forgot how to when they were all in mortal peril? And they just HAPPEN to find the dagger, and Chewie just HAPPENS to be on another shuttle. And they can fly a ship that’s been rotting in the desert for decades, and the storm troopers don’t try to capture everybody, just taking Chewie while the heroes are sitting there in the ship unaware? And they just sneak on board a Star Destroyer, shoot about 6 troopers in the hangar, and wander off without hindrance, and plutz along to the detention cell (why does this all sound familiar?) and shoot another 20 storm troopers with just a flesh wound in return (yeah, I know, they had a magic transponder, but nobody on the ship or in flight control thought to ask who was in this ship and what they were doing). And then escape really easily.

And C3PO, being his ANNOYING self, can read the ‘Sith language’ (which is a thing now?), but can’t tell anybody? If he is ‘forbidden by programming’ to translate it to anybody else, WHY is he even programmed to read it in the first place? Like they don’t have Google Translate on any of their equipment, either? I was honestly hoping C3PO would finally DIE, but they even denied me that pleasure.

Oh, and now Finn has the Force, too (he was shown ‘knowing’ when Leia died, IIRC). Hey, why not?

At least they sidelined Rose. She was almost as annoying as C3PO. And I loved the new little droid, D-O. I want one of those. The visual of the Star Destroyer rising out of the ocean was really cool.

And Leia having been trained by Luke now? How convenient. Of course, NONE of that was even hinted at earlier, but hey, why not. And terrify us with more creepy Leia CGI like in Rogue One. I literally cringed at that one when she raised her helmet visor.

And Han Solo is in this one, too, because why not at this point? (This was another WTH moment for me). I was waiting for Jar Jar and Padme to show up. It would not have surprised me much at that point.

And at the end, there were more WTH moments when (for reasons, I guess) these star destroyers were being shown crashing on Endor, Jakku, and elsewhere? I guess maybe I think the rebels were mopping up the First Order at this point, but it would have been nice to maybe explain this a bit? Oh, heck, nobody cares – just show some creepy Ewoks and the nerds will love it.

Palpatine himself was kind of neat, but they had to shoehorn him in there somehow since Ep 8 left them without a Big Bad to fight. And I guess they needed an ‘epic space battle’ to end the franchise, but I would have thought it would’ve been a bit better than what they showed. I watched Frozen 2 last week, and I have to say, it’s a pretty sad state of things when a Disney princess movie has SO MUCH BETTER WRITING than a Star Wars movie.

Now, I will buy the Blu Ray and watch it at least a dozen times next year, but that doesn’t negate the fact that Disney is treating the franchise very poorly. Yes, Ep 7 was a conservative movie basically repeating the plot to A New Hope. I really enjoyed it, and they really did a good job in writing and producing it. One gets the impression that they actually tried to make a decent movie. Not so for Eps 8 and 9. They just threw a lot of stuff together, thinking the sheeple wouldn’t care as long as it was flashy enough, and that the nerds wouldn’t care if they showed Wedge Antilles and Red 5. . .

When I leave a movie theater, I should be marveling at the story telling, the plot twists, and the drama (my wife and I still gush about Frozen 2). I should not be glad that it’s over. Now, she’s not a nerd, and she liked it. And I bet it does well in China. But, as a “Star Wars” movie, it was a big failure. Perhaps it was a case of ‘doing the best they could with what they had to work with’ after Ep 8, but they certainly could have done better. . .

It's just another reminder that Hollywood writers are totally talent-less. Plots and storytelling are typically amateur hour anymore. Even my kids prefer movies from the 70's and 80's over today's hi-res crap.

NRA LIFE MEMBER - NSSF MEMBER

www.RobertRTG.com for the best prices on HK, AK, MG42, Uzi parts and more.

Posts: 459 | Location: Sheridan, Wyoming | Registered: March 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
t's just another reminder that Hollywood writers are totally talent-less. Plots and storytelling are typically amateur hour anymore. Even my kids prefer movies from the 70's and 80's over today's hi-res crap.

Is it the writers' fault or is it the Studio Execs and Directors who want the story their way with their narrative? I going to have to go with it is due to the execs and directors force feeding us their narrative.

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I decided to see it last night - it was in several auditoriums at the local cinema. I chose the 3D as it wasn't the latest showing (XD was the latest).

For the first time in a LONG time, I had no interruptions, no cellphone rings, etc.. I was the ONLY person in the 100-seat theater. I got to watch an entire movie without someone holding up their phone to check something.

As the credits came up, one of the staff came in to check the area. He was looking around, so I raised my arm so that he would see me. His reply when I told him I got to see it alone? "COOL!".

Posts: 2768 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsbcody:
quote:
t's just another reminder that Hollywood writers are totally talent-less. Plots and storytelling are typically amateur hour anymore. Even my kids prefer movies from the 70's and 80's over today's hi-res crap.

Is it the writers' fault or is it the Studio Execs and Directors who want the story their way with their narrative? I going to have to go with it is due to the execs and directors force feeding us their narrative.

It's the studios/networks.

Streaming services have sucked-up a lot of the writing/creating talent. Movie studios are built around tent-pole movie releases resulting in overbearing scrutiny from executives and depriving the audience of quality storylines. Developed and involved stories are able to get made as streaming services and cable networks are better platforms, free from marketing & distribution excesses and over-reaching HR & Marketing departments. A movie like Deadpool was a result of a 16-year fight, between the screen writers and executives; it would've never have gotten made had a leak of test footage not been made public. Fan response ultimately forced the studio to green-light the film.

Posts: 14571 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I saw it a few nights ago and thought it was OK.

The place was full and when it ended, it was like a collective "MEH", not a single clap or cheer or anyone discussing it was as they walked out. Silence. Confused

I still want to know how Rey is given a complete flight-ready old-school X-Wing fighter that has been submerged for 30+ years when it was clearly cannibalized by Luke in Ep 8, you saw pieces of the wing used as doors, etc.

There was WAY too much shoehorning in elements from IV-V-VI that it got to be almost like a parody to me:

-Lando Calrissian just shows up
-A 30+ year old submerged in the goddamn ocean Red 5 X-wing is flight worthy?
-Wedge Antilles just shows up out of nowhere at the end
-Freaking Ewoks
-Emperors throne room. Wasn't this thing blown to smithereens along with the rest of Death Star II?

I'm certain there were many more but it got exhausting trying to follow it all.

My opinion remains: Star Wars ENDED at the end of Return Of The Jedi when the Empire was defeated and they "all lived happily ever after". Episodes 7, 8, and 9 SHOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN MADE as they were.

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I saw it a second time. I liked it a lot even the second time. Just my 2 cents

They obviously took some shots at the last movie and tried to erase it. Kind of like Highlander 2. Never happened. Nope, just a myth. Luke saying the Lightsaber deserved respect, he was wrong to hide, Rose being moved the background, basically saying the Holdo maneuver was stupid and not happening again, Finn not knowing where Chewie would be kept in the Star Destroyer, Rey actually getting some training, Hux getting killed, etc.

Yes some things were shoehorned in, they had to be.

The Death Star didn't disintegrate, it blew up, there would have been large chunks. It was on a moon of Endor, which makes sense.

Wedge was a Rebel and a friend, he would have come if Lando and Chewie called, so that's not hard to buy, he was the best pilot in the Rebellion.

The Ewoks were just a flash, they didn't do anything.

I thought it was a good Star Wars movie, consistent with the universe. I actually went in expecting to hate it, almost wanting to. I enjoyed it.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Min-Chin-Chu-Ru... Speed with Glare
posted Hide Post
Adam Driver's performance made it for me. He's been great in every movie I've seen him in. Here, his performance had true weight. You could see his decisions affecting him emotionally.

I thought it was just great the way -- after he rejects the dark side -- he began to mimic in his final battle scenes some of Harrison Ford's mannerisms as Han Solo. Like father like son, finally. And his little chuckle after the kiss, spoke volumes about his spiritual transformation.

For me, everyone in the movie was two dimensional, except for Driver.

Posts: 1265 | Location: MA | Registered: December 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M'headSig:
Adam Driver's performance made it for me.

Really? I hated this whole Darth Vader-wannbe character. His voice is strange to me as well, weirdly deep.

I'm going to ignore Ep 7-9 from now on as non-canon SW.

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Funny I have liked Adam Driver in most everything but I have disliked Darth Emo from the start.

I liked 7 well enough.
8 was a shit show for a lot of reasons but I had no problem with the force projection etc.

I haven’t seen 9.

Rouge One was awesome. I put it up there with Empire. Put your torches down please.

Solo was forgettable and an un-necessary movie.

The Mandalorian is awesome fun STAR WARS. Brings me back.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post