SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    So ‘‘tis that Christmas movie time of year so it’s fly in the ointment, monkey in the wrench time....Die Hard observation
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So ‘‘tis that Christmas movie time of year so it’s fly in the ointment, monkey in the wrench time....Die Hard observation Login/Join 
Truckin' On
Picture of AH.74
posted Hide Post
One of the stations (can't recall if it's TNT, AMC or TCM) will be playing it all day on Christmas day in honor of the 30th anniversary. I guess that means it may actually be a Christmas movie.

Posts: 7342 | Location: Hermit’s Peak | Registered: November 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
I haven't watched Die Hard in forever. Lethal Weapon is also a Christmas movie. Change my mind. Razz
Lethal Weapon, released in March. Big Grin

Posts: 45330 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
quote:
I haven't watched Die Hard in forever. Lethal Weapon is also a Christmas movie. Change my mind.

Originally posted by mark123: Lethal Weapon, released in March. Big Grin

Well, that's an interesting thought. I wonder if release dates disqualify films from being holiday films. Die Hard was released in July.

Gremlins was released in June.
The Ref in March.
Christmas in Connecticut and Holiday Inn in August.
Miracle on 34th St (1947) in June.

Hmmm.

Posts: 5580 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
quote:
I haven't watched Die Hard in forever. Lethal Weapon is also a Christmas movie. Change my mind. Razz

LOL! Ok, you win. Big Grin

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Not a christmas movie.

Shut your filthy mouth

Posts: 251 | Registered: March 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
One of the stations (can't recall if it's TNT, AMC or TCM) will be playing it all day on Christmas day in honor of the 30th anniversary.

This doesn't sound like something TCM would do. And if either TNT or AMC play it, it will be censored and take 4 hours because of all the commercials.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by kz1000:
Philistine!
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
You're dead to me.
quote:
Originally posted by wolfe 21:
NOT COOL MAN. NOT COOL.
HAHAHA! Big Grin

I can prove it though.

I don't feel like It's a Wonderful Life is any more or less of a Christmas movie than Die hard. If at least one scene takes place at Christmastime, and it's a "feel good" movie, then to me it's a Christmas movie. Die hard is set on Christmas Eve and watching it makes me feel good - it is therefore a Christmas movie - release date be damned. Thanks for coming to my TED talk. Razz

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Still waiting for proof....

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2731 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

LOL! Ok, you win. Big Grin
Ugh, no argument. No fun! Razz Big Grin

Posts: 45330 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Now I have a machine gun.

Ho
Ho
Ho

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:

Ho
Ho
Ho

A security guard we missed?

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9676 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
If it wasn't a Christmas movie, would I have made these cheezy ornaments for gifts? I even got the lighter flame to work.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeGLI:
quote:

Ho
Ho
Ho

They’re usually tired old policemen, growing fat on a pension.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I've got automatic weapons fire at Nakatomi. I need back up now! NOW GOD DAMMIT NOW!!!!

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
DING!

quote:
quote:
quote:

Ho
Ho
Ho

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1947 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
It's on IFC now repeating all day I think

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Ho
Ho
Ho

This is something else.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9676 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
We watched half of Die Hard on Christmas night, then had to get up early the next day.
I agree the firearms sounds (on my audioengine HD6’s) were reproduced with great solidity, unlike most movies.

Posts: 18016 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post