SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Occupied season 2 is out.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Occupied season 2 is out. Login/Join 
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted
I liked season 1. I hope season 2 is as good.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
I've been waiting patiently for it. I really liked season 1.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's Berlin
Correspondent
Picture of BansheeOne
posted Hide Post
It was on here recently. If you continue the suspension of disbelief for a scenario that requires NATO to have vanished, an environmentalist Norwegian government shutting down its oil and gas industry in favor of "clean" thorium (i.e. nuclear ...) energy and the EU enlisting Russia to invade the country to secure European supply with fossiles, it remains an excellent show. Yeah, there are other unlikelihoods like hacking air defense systems to conduct false-flag attacks, and some apparent confusion about how EU institutions work, but the point is that all the major characters are acting out of believable motivations of doing what they think the best for everyone, and nobody comes out with clean hands. Very good look at the various shades of collaboration and resistance.

Posts: 2416 | Location: Berlin, Germany | Registered: April 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
Watched the first season and enjoyed it. I'm watching Season 2 now and so far it seems okay.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I'm about half way through season 1 and really enjoying it.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38674 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I won't spoil it, there's a few other threads about this show. s1 is good it gets you hooked, s2 gets deeper into this world that when it first came out seemed implausible, now years later, how we've seen the European world change and then there's s3.....

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
corsair, I originally saw your recommendation for it in the Bodyguard thread. I searched and only found this thread.

Two episodes left to go in season 1. I can see the implausibility in many of the decisions and have questions, but also given what I've seen for overall intelligence in this world, nothing really surprises me.

Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38674 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Enjoy it for what it is, the plausibility of the story I similarly compare it to episode arcs in West Wing or, Homeland. Not too far off but, enough nudges from story writers to make you question motivations of the characters. Also interesting to see how things are portrayed and perceived from a different country.

When you get to S3 come back and post Wink

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the tip, had never hears of it.

Enjoying episode 2 and wondering where it’s headed.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12108 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I finished it last night. The ending was far more abrupt than I expected and the ending itself was maybe why corsair asked me to post. I won't reveal any spoilers.

Overall I recommend it. Good acting and story line that kept me engaged. The show was in Norwegian and Russian, so you have to read subtitles. And sometimes you had to read quickly! Great scenery too if that's something you look for in a show.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
I finished it last night. The ending was far more abrupt than I expected and the ending itself was maybe why corsair asked me to post. I won't reveal any spoilers.

You can post spoilers, s3 ended five years ago.

The sidelining of Hans Martin (security officer) from being a central character to Jesper Berg (Norwegian PM) I didn't like and I thought diluted the story, particularly as his wife (Ethiopian immigrant now Norwegian judge) became more central to the story. I really liked the story arc of Bente (restaurant owner) who thought she was doing the right thing by placating Russian business-types but, realizes too late that Russian businessman and mobsters are one-in-the-same.

Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
You hit the nail on the head!

Yeah, can't trust those Russians. She just didn't get it, though had a few incidences where she should have learned.

The end was abrupt as I said and all in for the elimination of fossil fuels and going all green. And they were going to punish cities until they saw the "light". Roll Eyes