SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Wink, wink, nudge, nudge. You know what I mean (Comedy related)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wink, wink, nudge, nudge. You know what I mean (Comedy related) Login/Join 
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted
Hard to beat Monty Python`s Flying Circus when it comes to humor, no debate there.

Wondering what is/are the current top notch, no discussion comedians of current times. My all time favorites are getting way old or pushing daisies already.

I`ve enjoyed W. Allen`s sense of humor back in the 70`s, Groucho and M. Brooks are timeless for me and just simply draw a blank when I try to think of guys/girls that make me laugh almost incontrolably nowadays.

Where-what is the current generation of comedic geniuses?

So guys, what do you recommend and must be checked out?

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12090 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Dave Chappelle is up there, as is Louis CK. I think Danile Tosh, of Tosh.0 fame, is really funny.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Louis CK and Brian Regan are probably my favorites. Brian Regan is clean and astoundingly funny.

Chappelle used to be great but his Netflix specials were kinda lame. Hoping he gets his mojo back.

Katt Williams last HBO special "Priceless" is the best comedy I've heard in forever. Need to watch it, rather than just listen.

We've had a lot of great ones die too young. Aside from the most obvious ones, my two favorite comedians, Greg Giraldo and Mitch Hedberg, both died from drug abuse.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10472 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
I like Fluffy

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
The only comic I really like nowadays is Bill Burr. Literally the only one I will bust a gut over.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
Bill Burr and Jim Gaffagin are my favorites.

John Caparulo used to be hilarious but I don't like him as much anymore.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like Daniel Tosh. And Louis CK.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
Aziz Ansari and a +1 for Brian Regan.

Posts: 11151 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Cris Tucker made me laugh pretty hard on his netflix special.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
I really enjoy the comedians that don't have to talk about sex, turds, genitals, or what it's like when you're shitfaced in order to garner a laugh.

If that makes sense.

Sure Monty Python had a sex joke here and there, but so much of it was not that. Present day comedians that don't resort to farts to get a laugh, usually make me laugh.

Shit this post sounds like I'm so old, and I'm only 40. Maybe it's that I have kids.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9144 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
I went down the street to the 24-hour grocery. When I got there, the guy was locking the front door. I said, Hey, the sign says you're open 24 hours. He said, Yes, but not in a row.

-- Steven Wright

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
I really enjoy the comedians that don't have to talk about sex, turds, genitals, or what it's like when you're shitfaced in order to garner a laugh.

If that makes sense.

Sure Monty Python had a sex joke here and there, but so much of it was not that. Present day comedians that don't resort to farts to get a laugh, usually make me laugh.

Shit this post sounds like I'm so old, and I'm only 40. Maybe it's that I have kids.

I don't have kids but I feel the same way as you do. There's no wit about the 99.9% of comedians these days.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19582 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Gaffigan and Regan.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16177 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Good replies, thank you all.
Only a couple of names are vaguely familiar this south of the Rio Grande. Will have to do some homework to research them all.
Have seen Tosh 2.0 some time ago and another of these guys that looks like a rug seller. None of the others.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12090 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Not a politically correct guy Big Grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3s-qZsjK8I

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by f2:
I went down the street to the 24-hour grocery. When I got there, the guy was locking the front door. I said, Hey, the sign says you're open 24 hours. He said, Yes, but not in a row.

-- Steven Wright

Always loved his stuff and the slant it all took.

"I think it's wrong that only one company makes the game Monopoly."

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act

Posts: 3435 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
H.O.F.I.S
posted Hide Post
Louis Black

"I'm sorry, did I break your concentration"?

Posts: 1513 | Location: Above water | Registered: September 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jeff Dunham

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post