SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Meat Eater on Netflix
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Meat Eater on Netflix Login/Join 
posted
If you hunt, (especially public land) fish, and like cooking wild game, this series is right up your alley. The scenery is great, Steve Rinella seems to be a down to earth dude. Most episodes are just over 20 mins, hard not to binge watch. Didnt find this one discussed here, worth the watch imho.

Posts: 3594 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I don't watch many hunting shows, but I really enjoy Meat Eater. It's different than most, I describe it as 2/3 hunting show, 1/3 cooking show. And the shows don't seem to focus around "the kill", even though much of it is about eating the game. Rinella seems like a decent dude, he comes off like an old friend rather than some pompous "hunting celebrity".

I binge watched the new season last week, then re-watched the other two, sort of getting myself geared up for the coming deer season. I wish all the show's seasons were up. Frown

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Its a cool show. It is nothing like the Realtree Monster Bucks or Buckmasters that you may have watched in the past. I like how he shows a lot of different cultures and traditions, I like that he somewhat philosophical about hunting, I like that he shows meat prep and cooking.

I like that he doesn't always kill an animal and I like that he's not always "trophy" hunting but he sometimes is. I like that he does fishing and small game shows, as well. Nothing like a squirrel or rabbit hunt and absolutely nothing like a southern dove hunt. That's my life.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Salty Dawg
posted Hide Post
Absolutely love the show. His podcast is great too and I've enjoyed reading his books and most of the other articles he's written as well. Highly recommend.

Posts: 696 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice, I watched one episode and remembering liking it, but never came back to it. I've never hunted...but would like to someday, if for nothing more than acquiring the skill.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Salty Dawg:
Absolutely love the show. His podcast is great too and I've enjoyed reading his books and most of the other articles he's written as well. Highly recommend.

Yup, his podcast and Rogan's are some of my favorites...ironically they both have a similar view on things to include, hunting for their own protein despite living in urban areas.
Rinella I very much admire and I wished there was more people like him featured rather than Bubba and his buddies bumbling into the woods. You can call his show more nuanced, refined or, just plain better, simply put, his show features the entire aspect of being an outdoorsman.

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Pretty good show done a lot differently than most hunting shows. Almost always follows from field to dinner table with in depth details on caring for and preparing the game.

There were however a few episodes that where centered around him staring through high powered binos for what seems 3/4 of the show.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Yep. Good show. Love the scenery and food prep!

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post