SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Far Side Returning
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Far Side Returning Login/Join 
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
And since Calvin & Hobbes has been mentioned, my favorite C&H story line, hands down, is:
Tracer Bullet.
The C&H parody of the 40s Private Eye books and movies.

Spaceman Spiff is my fave. (Also, I've used this signature for years and it's scary how true it's becoming.)

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18017 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
quote:
Originally posted by BigCity:
Now if Calvin and Hobbes would come back, my life would be complete.

Abso-damn-lutely!

I'd have a hard time picking between the two as my all-time favorites.

I'll add Bloom County to complete the trifecta

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10409 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
I'm hoping he's actually been doodling and drawing and saving them up for the last twenty years.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:
I'm hoping he's actually been doodling and drawing and saving them up for the last twenty years.

It's likely. A mind like that doesn't stop just because the man decided to retire.

Posts: 17050 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Looking forward to more Far Side.
And since Calvin & Hobbes has been mentioned, my favorite C&H story line, hands down, is:
Tracer Bullet.
The C&H parody of the 40s Private Eye books and movies.

Unfortunately, I don't believe this one will be coming back. Frown But The Far Side is welcome. Smile

Posts: 27829 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you didn't know Bloom County has been back for a while. It can be found right here. https://www.facebook.com/berkeleybreathed

Posts: 1249 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: December 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jodel-Time
Picture of Mboroman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dedguy:
If you didn't know Bloom County has been back for a while. It can be found right here. https://www.facebook.com/berkeleybreathed

It's there but it's not the old Bloom County. Berkeley Breathed is not the same person he was when he wrote the original stuff. He has become very political. Ever since Trump was elected, he has been showing his lefty side quite prominently and the strip either makes fun of Trump or shows BB's desire to have him removed from office. A recent strip made reference to a glimmer of light and hope for 2020 - mainly a plea for Trump to be out of office. If you do go look at the strips, just don't read any of the comments. It seems that most of his fans are now rabid lefties and snowflakes.

Posts: 559 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
In 1986 my Brother graduated from Xavier University and decided to take 6 months and go to England. He took odd jobs and whatever he had to do to get by.

We both loved reading the Far Side. It was unavailable over there, so I would cut and paste them on to a piece of notebook paper and send them to him every 3-4 weeks.

Don't get me wrong, he loved his time there, but said the British had a different sense of humor, or perhaps he had a different sense of humor.

Anyway, the Far Side always brings back memories for both of us.

Glad to see it returning.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Was that you
or the dog?
Picture of SHOOTIN BLANKS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by redstone:
Well it says, "...online era is coming" what does that mean?

I am speculating here but I would think that an online outlet will be self-directed, no editor and no deadlines. And with the demise of so many print outlets this might be the most viable. Good news indeed.

Posts: 1628 | Location: PA | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
My favorite, never thought I would miss it but I did. Will be waiting.

Posts: 1949 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
As vet students we all loved Larson. My favorite:

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of scot818
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slabsides45:
As vet students we all loved Larson. My favorite:

Oh man I have been missing this stuff. I used to get the desk calendar each year. At work, we would post our favorites above our desks. A good laugh was always a good way to start the day.

Posts: 1440 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
When I was a young kid, I was a huge Far Side fan. my Mom would get me one of those daily paper calendars every year for Christmas.

The one posted on page 1 about the kid pushing on the door for the gifted has always been one of my all time favorites.

I can't believe I didn't know he was coming back! thanks for the heads up. With all the political BS going on in today's world and social media...oh man, Gary is going to be a riot!

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Subscribed. Please someone post here once back alive.

quote:
I used to get the desk calendar each year.

Me too!

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12348 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slabsides45:
As vet students we all loved Larson.

And R.M.M. ?

Posts: 15839 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
That was my favorite, FN in MT, but I still have a poster from the ’80s of “The real reasons dinosaurs became extinct” showing a group lighting up cigarettes while looking around guiltily.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47364 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not sure how to post a picture ...

Guys carrying another guy on a stretcher down from a castle. Wounded guy has arrows in his naked ass.

Caption: "So then i says to Borg, as long as we're under siege, one of us oughta moon these Saxon dogs"

Posts: 260 | Registered: March 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Wait no longer. The Far Side is back.

The Far Side Is Back

Oh frabjous day! Callouh! Callay!
He chortled in his joy.

Posts: 18016 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post