SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Far Side Returning
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Far Side Returning Login/Join 
posted
I saw on one of the internet blurbs that the Far Side comic strip is returning!
Anybody else hear this or have a credible link?

Jim

Posts: 1349 | Location: Southern Black Hills | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
https://www.thefarside.com/

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 23439 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
YES!!

Posts: 3537 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Glen Larson could be coming back Smile.

His last cartoon panel was 1995. The Far Side website, up until now, has been dormant for close to 20 years.

The new cartoon panel on the website is signed by Larson.

Cool Cool

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16693 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
He's 69 and probably tired of retirement. Smile

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hope it's true. None better than Glen Larson!

Posts: 1052 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Undertaker
Picture of BigCity
posted Hide Post
Now if Calvin and Hobbes would come back, my life would be complete.

John

The key to enforcement is to punish the violator, not an inanimate object. The punishment of inanimate objects for the commission of a crime or carelessness is an affront to stupidity.

Posts: 1728 | Location: People's Republik of Maryland | Registered: November 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I'm sure some snowflakes will be triggered. Far Side humor seems caustic in today's PC environment.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
Who is this Glen Larson that people keep referencing? The creator of The Far Side is Gary Larson...

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Oh, that would be awesome!

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5319 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I would love The Far Side to return. I have all of the books and a sizable collection of coffee mugs in the cupboard. In fact, the mugs are quite collectible and some are worth a pretty penny. I find them occasionally on thrift store shelves. My favorite:

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15575 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigCity:

Abso-damn-lutely!

I'd have a hard time picking between the two as my all-time favorites.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15227 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My God!

Finally, some good news!

V.

Posts: 328 | Location: Pacific NW | Registered: April 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Smile

Posts: 15027 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
quote:
Originally posted by BigCity:

Abso-damn-lutely!

I'd have a hard time picking between the two as my all-time favorites.

+1 these were the best

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As a father of three boys, my favorite Larson cartoon shows three teenage cowboys riding horses and one of them hits a tree head-on with the horse's head accordioned into the tree. One of the other two says, "What are you going to tell your dad?"

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
Well it says, "...online era is coming" what does that mean?

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3590 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRshootem
posted Hide Post
Gearhounds: That's a good one. I got that one for my Dad some years back, his name was Carl Smile

Posts: 1320 | Location: Montana | Registered: October 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to more Far Side.
And since Calvin & Hobbes has been mentioned, my favorite C&H story line, hands down, is:
Tracer Bullet.
The C&H parody of the 40s Private Eye books and movies.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16088 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post