SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Any good Revolutionary War historical fiction books for young teen?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any good Revolutionary War historical fiction books for young teen? Login/Join 
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted
My 11 year old is crazy over this Hamilton play. Asking Revolutionary War questions all the time.

He reads at an 8th grade level. Looking for any recommendations of interesting historical fiction of the era.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Johnny Tremain is my gold standard.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
This series seems to get good reviews.

https://www.rushrevere.com/Adv...riesBooks/index.html

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
++1 Great book! If he's interested in the Civil War, "Rifles for Waite" by Harold Keith is excellent.

quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
This series seems to get good reviews.

https://www.rushrevere.com/Adv...riesBooks/index.html

I've heard good things about Rush Revere and the American Revolution as it is historically accurate.

Posts: 9144 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:

This.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16319 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One of my all time favorite books regarding the revolutionary war is April Morning.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Liberty Kids" is still available on the Internet. Not reading material of course, but 39 episodes which your youngster might find interesting.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Rush Reviere is good he'll enjoy it. My kids did.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
There is a Revolutionary War edition in the “I survived” series of fiction books. I can’t speak to how good or accurate it is though.

Posts: 1626 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
Thank you! I'll be ordering the Rush Revere series to start him. If he likes that I've got several more here to pick from.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Paul Revere’s Ride
HENRY WADSWORTH LONGFELLOW

Listen, my children, and you shall hear
Of the midnight ride of Paul Revere,
On the eighteenth of April, in Seventy-Five:
Hardly a man is now alive
Who remembers that famous day and year.

. . .

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
Roy (Rocky) Chandler wrote a series of books about live both pre and during the revolution,

good reads

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10420 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post