SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    I Was Born In the Wrong Era..(60's Beach Songs Content)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I Was Born In the Wrong Era..(60's Beach Songs Content) Login/Join 
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That was my era music as I was growing up.
Brings back memories.

PC

Posts: 1336 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4165 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Wipe Out - The Surfaris

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
The era in which I started driving and chasing girls. Absolutely glorious time.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Domari Nolo
Picture of Chris17404
posted Hide Post
I was born in the wrong era as well. My Spotify playlist is full of 50s and 60s rock and roll and beach/car songs. They just speak to me like no other type of music.

Posts: 2336 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Well, I'm in my 70's so that was the music I grew up listening to. It's really all I listen to now. Thank you Sirius XM.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5040 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[ [FLASH_VIDEO] /FLASH_VIDEO]

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 23439 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
I graduated high school in 1962,in NJ, and my parents sent me to CA to visit my grandmother. One of her friends had a son a little older than me and we went to the beach. Got introduced to the surfer culture and music. I might have been the first person in NJ with a Beach Boys album. I took my girl friend to a BB concert at the armory in West Orange, NJ, 1963, it was a classic concert! She fell in love with Denny Wilson, too bad he died so young.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3397 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I like the surf music, but don't love the beach music as much.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
I often think I would have done well growing up in the 50s and 60s.

quote:
Originally posted by UTsig:
I graduated high school in 1962,in NJ, and my parents sent me to CA to visit my grandmother. One of her friends had a son a little older than me and we went to the beach. Got introduced to the surfer culture and music. I might have been the first person in NJ with a Beach Boys album. I took my girl friend to a BB concert at the armory in West Orange, NJ, 1963, it was a classic concert! She fell in love with Denny Wilson, too bad he died so young.

My step mother won a lot of Long Board competitions in Jersey during the 60s and early 70s.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25421 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
When I was a kid whether or not you could play the drum part of "Wipeout" on your desk ~ separated the men from the boys and of course NO girl could ever come close. Smile

Posts: 22905 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
When I was a kid whether or not you could play the drum part of "Wipeout" on your desk ~ separated the men from the boys and of course NO girl could ever come close. Smile

I could play the drum part of Wipeout and most of In a Gadda Da Vida drum solo - I was "The Man" back then.

PC

Posts: 1336 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7453 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SeaCliff
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: October 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
I was fortunate to grow up in that era. I was also fortunate to have been inspired to buy a second-hand guitar cause chance are I'd go far if I got in with the right bunch of fellows. I played in 2 pretty good rock bands over about 3 years and enjoyed playing this kind of music. Easy and fun to play.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Did you take the 8:15 into the city?

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post