SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Tear jerkers.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tear jerkers. Login/Join 
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Technically Adaptive
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1293 | Location: Willcox, AZ | Registered: September 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Sylvia's Mother" was a tear-jerker? I always thought of it as dry humor, especially since it was written by Shel Silverstein. I heard it most frequently on Dr Demento.

Sorry, it's true.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd D. Barber:
[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qZMUx2CfpXI" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Wow. Very interesting. My grandma lived in Homewood, IL too; just a few blocks from where that was filmed.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6403 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This comes to mind when I hear tear jerker.
Red Sovine - Teddy Bear

A generation of tough truckers had leaking eyes.

Posts: 1196 | Location: Moved to N.W. MT. | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
From the '70s file

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flOcEFXrsTQ

Posts: 15029 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
I had to take the tape with this one on it out of the car. Hard to drive when you can't see.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If this isn't the number one tearjerker of all time, it has to be in the top three.

George Jones - He Stopped Loving Her Today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1R2F9f2Cl6Y

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
Its lyrics were inspired by the death of Clapton's four-year-old son, Conor, who fell from a New York apartment building in 1991.

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Citadel
posted Hide Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIaU94SXj9Y

Goes with the Pat Metheny topic. This scene always crushes me.

Posts: 823 | Registered: February 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post

Made two years before her diagnosis of cancer, four years before her passing.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Citadel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:

Made two years before her diagnosis of cancer, four years before her passing.

She was Gracious right to the final day. May She and her family be Blessed.

Posts: 823 | Registered: February 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGlord
posted Hide Post

Posts: 405 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post

Posts: 13255 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Anybody who's raised a daughter...

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3660 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post