SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Hacksaw Ridge (Movie, 2016)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hacksaw Ridge (Movie, 2016) Login/Join 
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted
Just saw this trailer. This movie is based on a true story. Go watch the documentary "The Conscientious Objector".

Posts: 11164 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
Looks awesome!

Posts: 4611 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ATT
posted Hide Post
Looks like a good movie.

-------------------------
Be not hasty in thy spirit to be angry, for anger resteth in the bosom of fools. Ecc 7:9

SIG556 SWAT * P226
ENDOWMENT MEMBER - NRA www.nra.org

Posts: 613 | Location: Alaska | Registered: November 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fvyellowbird
posted Hide Post
It does look very good. Not sure of all the specifics, but wouldn't they have made him a medic or something? He can't have been the only conscientious objector in WWII.

Hell, is other people! J-P S

Posts: 1140 | Location: St Simons Island, Georgia USA! | Registered: October 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fvyellowbird:
It does look very good. Not sure of all the specifics, but wouldn't they have made him a medic or something? He can't have been the only conscientious objector in WWII.

He was a medic.

This movie looks pretty good. Mel Gibson directing. Might be worth a shot.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the link.

Posts: 11164 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of scot818
posted Hide Post
That looks good.

And thanks for the link to the documentary.

Posts: 1442 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
The Desmond Doss story is quite unique.
Not your typical CO story by any means.

Posts: 22904 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Trained and served with multiple Seventh Day Adventist CO during 69-71. Brave and principled and as a combat medic they were as good or better than the rest of us.

The ones I knew were good people. I am looking forward to the movie.

Whoever said you can't buy happiness forgot little puppies.

Gene Hill

Posts: 626 | Registered: July 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Watching this tonight. Hoping it's good.

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Read about him. Guy had a big set of balls.

Posts: 4658 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
It should be good. Reviews are stellar. I'm in the theater now to see Dr. Strange. Figured I'd get the busier one done before the weekend. While here bough my ticket for Hacksaw on Saturday night.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12626 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Well, it was very good. Mel Gibson hit another one out of the park. Cinematography was incredible. Go see it. Perhaps the best movie of the year.

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
Well, it was very good. Mel Gibson hit another one out of the park. Cinematography was incredible. Go see it. Perhaps the best movie of the year.

I have some fellow Catholics asking if it's a Christian film and I told them i can't tell them until Sunday, as I will see it late Saturday. isn't. This means are there F bombs, etc? They will not go if there is nudity and F bombs.

Posts: 12626 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Not a lot (or any) F bombs that I can recall. I wouldn't call it a Christian movie. Tons of gore, legs blown off, Japanese cutting off heads, Japanese burning alive via flame thrower, lots and lots of typical war gore. If they go into it knowing its a violent war movie, they might like the film.

A film critic from the Detroit news says this:

"The battle scenes in "Hacksaw Ridge" are among the most violent captured on film - and also the most urgent."

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Saw it last night. Phenomenal film.

Resident Undertaker
Picture of BigCity
posted Hide Post
Totally agree. Great film. Gibson knocks it out of the park.

John

The key to enforcement is to punish the violator, not an inanimate object. The punishment of inanimate objects for the commission of a crime or carelessness is an affront to stupidity.

Posts: 1728 | Location: People's Republik of Maryland | Registered: November 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DonGlock26
posted Hide Post
While the movie is more graphic than Saving Private Ryan, it is easily one of the best
War Movies ever made. If you can handle the gore,
Do not miss this one.

-----------------------------------
"If they don't go concentrating on meaningless cosmetic changes, like rainbow this or two-tone that, or wood grip panels from the ackabalacka tree"-Parabellum

Posts: 1197 | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LINVS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by germandogs:
Trained and served with multiple Seventh Day Adventist CO during 69-71. Brave and principled and as a combat medic they were as good or better than the rest of us.

There's a lot of honor in a person who is willing to die, but not to kill.

America for Americans!

Posts: 2165 | Location: SoCal | Registered: August 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post