SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Formula 1 Discussion
Page 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 227
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Formula 1 Discussion Login/Join 
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
Indy it is...fucking hell...

Posts: 5098 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
Looks like the practice show has been condensed into a one hour show for both sessions.

I believe the 1 hour practice you're referring to will just be Free Practice 3. FP 1 and 2 are on ESPN3

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14175 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Looks like the majority of practice is on ESPN3 & ESPNews.

is that true for this week as well? I missed those when setting DVR if so.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12348 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
quote:
Looks like the majority of practice is on ESPN3 & ESPNews.

is that true for this week as well? I missed those when setting DVR if so.

Looks like for the majority of the season, P1 on ESPN3, P2 split between EPSN3 & ESPNews, P3 on ESPNews
Qualifying split between ESPN2 & ESPNews

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15150 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
Why the hell do they make it that difficult to watch these races??
Dropping Hobbs & Matchett and now this...I doubt there will be 50 people watching...

Rant off..

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6309 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smlsig:
Why the hell do they make it that difficult to watch these races??
Dropping Hobbs & Matchett and now this...I doubt there will be 50 people watching...

Rant off..

I'm definitely not excited that I'll get way less coverage than I had last year. Consequence of cutting the cable cord.

Posts: 15150 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
For what it's worth, they have added Nico Rosberg to the Sky TV broadcast crew.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I'll be doing the PSVue free trial tonight, to DVR Austraila, followed by the YTTV trial for Bahrain. Will decide which to sign up for after that.
Will at least get 100% of the races that way. Will have to just settle for highlights of the ESPN3 coverage.

Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
For what it's worth, they have added Nico Rosberg to the Sky TV broadcast crew.

Disturbing. For one, I don't see Nico as having the traditional tools one expects in a compelling broadcaster. Sky is already known to be firmly in the little Lew Lew kneepad brigade. Rosberg will almost surely be as overbearing as any of them. Trumpeting Hamiliton's wonderfulness will emphasize how special Nico's WDC was. Is he still contracted to Merc in any fashion?

I can't remember when it was I started getting up early on Sundays to watch Varsha and Hobbs call the F1 races on ESPN, late 80's, about 1990? Crappy coverage but yeah, F1! I'm dreading this season so much that maybe it won't be as bad as I'm expecting.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of }BuLL
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HuskySig:
Those two videos are sad reminders of how just terrible the current generation of F1 cars sound.
I agree! I miss those cars.

Posts: 131 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: December 11, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cfiore
posted Hide Post
So I got the Sling Orange & Blue service so I would have ESPN, ESPN2 & ESPN3, and I have them but the ESPN channels do not allow you to DVR them. Fudge! So as soon as F1 tv goes live I am going to look into that.

Posts: 472 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post

Also, apparently a three grid spot penalty for Ricciardo for some sort of minimum speed violation.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
ESPN3 seems to be some sort of streaming thing that cost extra, at least for me. It isn't on my Directv package.
Last year you normally didn't see anything more than a few highlights of FP1 when they were showing FP2 and no coverage of FP3. Now it looks like you will see FP2 & 3. I guess it will take a few races before we can see how it works out.
The reason Hobbs and Matchett are gone is that this is a different network, a competitor and they wer working for NBCSN. Diffey will now work on the NBCSN Indycar shows. NBC just announced that they will show all the Indycar next year instead of splitting it with ABC. ABC is the pits nowadays.
I'm old enough to remember when the only F1 race shown was Monaco on Wide World of Sports and that was a week or two after and split time with Archery of Bowling. Compared to those days this is great no matter what.
We'll have to wait to see how the SKY coverage is but the Brits are really into F1 so let's hope for the best.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Not sure on the specifics, but apparently WatchESPN app allows viewing of it all. I assume it requires you to log in via your provider.

PSVue for me for this weekend.

FP1 & 2 results looks to show a closer race at the front this season.
McRenault looking good & HAAS as well, in the mid-pack.

thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Not sure on the specifics, but apparently WatchESPN app allows viewing of it all. I assume it requires you to log in via your provider.

This is true, assuming you're getting service from a cable, internet/TV or sat service. With C-Spire I'm able to stream all I want from a zillion ESPN channels.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12348 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So I DVR'd Qualifications last night, and it got cut off with about 3 minutes to go, plus post-qual interviews etc. Red-flagged due to Bottas's crash, ESPN didn't make arrangements with DISH to extend, like NBC used to.

Off to a great start there, ESPN! Roll Eyes

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
So I DVR'd Qualifications last night, and it got cut off with about 3 minutes to go, plus post-qual interviews etc. Red-flagged due to Bottas's crash, ESPN didn't make arrangements with DISH to extend, like NBC used to.

Off to a great start there, ESPN! Roll Eyes

No way to extend a scheduled recording? I set up to record the next listed show to cover myself. It seeems you can't count on races to end when expected.

Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I set the DVR to record the FP3 session but either Directv or ESPN got it off by an hour. I extended it for 5 minutes so that's all I saw of that.
Qualifying worked ok but I learned my lesson and extended the recording 3 hours past to account for incorrect scheduling or delays.
Qualifying looked close until the Mercedes turned up the power. The race should be a lot closer and the Red Bulls are starting on the harder tire so that might mix things up some.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
No way to extend a scheduled recording?

Didn't have to under the old regime. They knew in advance which events may go long, and programmed automatic extensions.

DISH still does this with MLB (the only other sport I'm currently interested in), so I'm blaming ESPN for now.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Using my free trial of YouTubeTV, they don't have an extend recording option either. I guess option 2 would to look up what's playing after & record that too.