SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Formula 1 Discussion
Page 1 ... 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 ... 227
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Formula 1 Discussion Login/Join 
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Yup, seems like boob dude is here to stay.

Pop's money is bigger than the sponsors concern.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
On one hand good for them standing up to cancel culture, and recognizing kids can be a**holes on occasion. OR he is a rich daddy’s boy who can get away with anything and this just reinforces that. This looks bad on Haas and F1 - but no idea if right move or not. Zero doubt that dad’s money made the call.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
This guy has more than one issue but his dads richer than Strolls dad a few times over.
He seems to have some impulse control problems so keep watching.

Posts: 9454 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
This is probably a welcome distraction for Haas, considering how bad their car really is.

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
[Kosh}....and so it begins...[/Kosh]

'Out of Contract' Lewis Hamilton Rejects New Mercedes Deal: Report

Seven-time World F1 champion Lewis Hamilton has reportedly rejected the contract that Mercedes has offered him. This means, as of now, the Briton will be out of a job for the 2021 season. His contract with Mercedes F1 team expired on January 1, 2021.
The 35-year-old reportedly made four demands during contract talks with Mercedes according to Motorsport. The first is that his salary rises to 35.5million pounds a year, which would ensure he remains as the highest-paid driver on the grid. His second demand is that Hamilton reportedly wants a 10 per cent share of Mercedes' prize money should they win the Championship. One of their upcoming, limited-production AMG One cars and finally a role that 'goes beyond being a driver and more than a mere testimonial'. Which indicates that Hamilton is apparently desperate for a hands-on job where he can help drive the Silver Arrows' approach into electric transition.

Mercedes chief, Toto Wolff has been saying for months that extension of Hamilton's contract will not be a problem, but if Corriere Dello Sport's report is to be believed, Hamilton's demands of a four-year deal is a concern keeping George Russell in mind.

According to Motorsport.com, the Briton has rejected the proposal by Daimler, Mercedes’ parents, and 1/3rd owner of the F1 team. Hamilton’s counteroffer is and his contingency plan is yet unknown. It is highly unlikely McLaren will shock the world by bringing him in for either Lando Norris or Daniel Ricciardo.

The Daimler’s board of directors are reportedly unhappy with the lofty demands of the reigning champion. Considering the fact that the automobile industry faced a rude shock due to Covid-19 last year, it all makes sense to decline Hamilton’s proposal.
The Chairman of Daimler, Ola Kallenius wants the vacant seat to be filled up at the earliest. So much so, he is not ruling out the possibility of George Russell making a dream-come-true move to Mercedes, on a season basis considering that he is a Mercedes junior driver. Russell had replaced Hamilton for the Sakhir Grand Prix and put out an impressive performance there.

The 22-year-old is also cheaper as compared to his 35-year-old countryman and is touted as a future world champion. However, if Hamilton failed to come in an agreement with Mercedes, he could be without a team till 2022 as the all the major teams, including Ferrari and Red Bull, had a lot of movement in 2020.

Here's hoping for George Russell. Also reported, but not confirmed yet is that the Australian Grand Prix is likely to be cancelled/postponed due to the Aussie's COVID restrictions. The problem being I'm not sure if there's a break anywhere else in the schedule to place the race.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
I'm thinking the 10% share will be the deal breaker.

They should do what they do in Hollywood and offer the 10% share in lieu of salary

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14175 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Would be hugely surprised if Hamilton isn't in the W12 for the first race.
Russell waiting in the wings definitely puts some pressure on him [Ham].

Also can't imagine any other team, apart from Ferrari or RBR to have the budget for Hamilton. McLaren is on the rise & has a solid driver combo for '21.

Also saw the article on the Aussie GP being postponed. Not sure if they try to shift the schedule forward to slot it in later. Could maybe work to slot it between Suzuka & COTA, or after Brazil, since it's at least somewhat in the similar area.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15150 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Russell waiting in the wings definitely puts some pressure on him [Ham].

That is why it surprised me that he would take a hard line...it isn't like they don't have options.

I don't think it would be bad for Hammy to take a gap year like Alonso did...or like Vettle was facing

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14175 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
True, I just don't see it happening.
He's on a hot streak & not likely to let it go. Especially if Russell performs really well, there's less incentive to bring Ham back.

Posts: 15150 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I think Russell demonstrated is less the drive and more the car...so whats so special about Chinstrap at this point that MB can't possibly do without him?

a season without Chinstrap might actually be enjoyable to watch

Posts: 53085 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Max Verstappen dating ex-girlfriend of Red Bull driver he replaced

...(Kelly) Piquet is the daughter of three-time F1 champ Nelson Piquet and has a daughter with F1 driver Daniil Kvyat...

In other news, that'll be Sir Lewis going forward --

Seven-time F1 champion Lewis Hamilton awarded knighthood

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
-Norris positive for Covid.

-Pre-season testing may be moved to Bahrain, instead of Barcelona. with Melbourne being delayed, would cut transport costs to already have the equipment in Bahrain for the opener.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Abiteboul out at Renault

https://www.formula1.com/en/la...LV1zJTMl8BA7t0w.html

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Abiteboul out at Renault

https://www.formula1.com/en/la...LV1zJTMl8BA7t0w.html

LOL. Think Christian Horner will be sad to see him go?

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Long time coming. His leadership led them to a point where no one wants their engine.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any one see the picture of COTA covered in snow?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/P5KbBfovWFXxKgJL6

Posts: 3663 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
With Brivio coming over from MotoGP, it was up or out as the only options for Cyril, I suppose.

Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I wonder what Fernando thinks of this?

Posts: 9454 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
Long time coming. His leadership led them to a point where no one wants their engine.

Renault didn’t do that bad this year with Danny Ric, so they seem to have moved past the issues. Kind of thinking that Haas and Alfa wished they had the Renault engine instead of this year’s Ferrari lump.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Grosjean's hands

Worse than I realized. Click on pic for bigger, not for the squeamish.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post