SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Formula 1 Discussion
Page 1 ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 227
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Formula 1 Discussion Login/Join 
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
HAAS VF-20 broke cover early, yesterday.
Glad to see the return of the old livery.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15153 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I agree about the livery. Now looks like the main sponsor (and owner) instead of that bland Rich Energy look.
I still don't understand how they got involved with that very weird company and owner/manager. All the warning bells were ringing well before they did the deal and not much has come out since. Maybe someday the real story will come out.
Besides the sponsor issues, the performance needs to get back to where they were before too. The one lap performance was there at several races but long runs and race performance were terrible. The car clearly had something they never figured out but I'm surprised they didn't do a driver change too.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
At minimum I'm surprised Grosjean was retained.

Also, I preferred the battleship gray of the VF-17. Hopefully they get a turnaround this season.

Posts: 15153 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
At minimum I'm surprised Grosjean was retained.

For a half a season some years back, Grosjean was great. After last year's Netflix F1 show where everyone was laughing at him, not sure what drives him to slide behind the wheel these days. Throw in KM who seems to be the most hated by other drivers, yikes. TBH I wish them and Haas the absolute best but yeah, not feeling good about their chances.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Going to be a tossup if I will follow it with any enthusiasm this year.

F1 has become as boring as a tv commercial for hemorrhoids and about as exciting as a soap opera. Lewis Hamilton this and that. It’s so predictable. Almost on par with wrestling.

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
Going to be a tossup if I will follow it with any enthusiasm this year.

F1 has become as boring as a tv commercial for hemorrhoids and about as exciting as a soap opera. Lewis Hamilton this and that. It’s so predictable. Almost on par with wrestling.

Same here. I REALLY wish some of the younger F1 fans could see the races in full from the 80’s and 90’s.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
^^ I believe one of the pay-to-watch F1 services has the archived races in full.

Not sure if they have the comment, or which it would be, though.

There's a few online sources streaming them as well.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
Same here. I REALLY wish some of the younger F1 fans could see the races in full from the 80’s and 90’s.

Try the 60's:
quote:

"In the Italian Grand Prix at Monza in 1967, he did something which up to that point I, and I think most people, had felt was impossible. He had a puncture which dropped him a lap and a quarter behind, and at Monza he actually made up a lap on the field - even if you do have a capability of going faster than the other drivers, at Monza you invariably end up towing them round with you. But Jimmy actually caught the leaders, left them, and then made up a whole lap on them. This I think was a virtuoso drive which no other driver has ever equaled or will ever be able to surpass."

"He will always be the best. I'm sure in time someone else will come along and everyone'll hail him as the greatest ever. But not me. For me, there will never be another in Jimmy's class.”

Colin Chapman

Posts: 2538 | Location: KY | Registered: October 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
^^^^Most of the races from the 60’s weren’t as competitive as the 80s and 90s races.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
^^^ again.
The 60's and most of the 70's had little to no F-1 coverage. Wide World of Sports, for those that remember that far back, was the show.
The races were much less competitive. Since you had to read about then weeks or months later, the reporters made it more exciting than it really was. Just much more dangerous.
The 80's had dominant teams like McLaren and Williams with a 1.5-2 Second advantage on their competitors. The only thing that made it exciting was possibly a teammate or reliability of the cars.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Edit: Mercedes W10 with the W11 livery

This message has been edited. Last edited by: P250UA5,

thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Have I missed where an hour long live-streamed show for launch is now common?

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXZCkDzHvbM

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12349 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
The Mercedes livery launch was the same.

Odds are, it's only the Ferrari 2020 livery launch & not the actual 2020-spec car, which won't break cover until day 1 of testing.

Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
I like the "Viking horns" on the new Ferrari...reminds me of the old BMW

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14175 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Chinese GP has officially been "postponed" as a result of Corvid-19, the Coronavirus.

Posts: 8711 | Registered: January 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In looking at the calendar, this will leave a massive gap between the April 5 Vietnam GP and the May 10 Spanish GP. It seems as if the only way it could be sandwiched back into the 2020 schedule would be between the Russian and Japanese GP, however that would require four straight weeks of races - something that has not been done for over 20 years in F1.

Posts: 8711 | Registered: January 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
That's a lot of missed revenue. I suspect Liberty is trying to find a way to shuffle someone back into April and hope to run China later in the year.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12349 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 280nosler:
The Chinese GP has officially been "postponed" as a result of Corvid-19, the Coronavirus.

https://www.formula1.com/en/la...yrk1MbNxQB9hj4s.html

quote:

The 2020 Chinese Grand Prix, which had been scheduled for April 17-19, has been postponed as a result of the novel coronavirus outbreak.

The Chinese Grand Prix Promoter, Juss Sports Group, officially requested the postponement after ongoing discussions with the Federation of Automobile and Motorcycle Sports of People's Republic of China (CAMF) and Shanghai Administration of Sports.

Amid continued health concerns and with the World Health Organisation declaring the coronavirus as a global health emergency, Formula 1, together with governing body the FIA, jointly decided to accept the postponement request in order to ensure the health and safety of the travelling staff, championship participants and fans.

Formula 1 and the FIA will continue to work closely with the teams, race promoter, CAMF and the local authorities to monitor the situation as it develops, with all parties studying the viability of potential alternative dates for the Grand Prix later in the year should the situation improve.

"The Chinese Grand Prix has always been a very important part of the F1 calendar and the fans are always incredible," Formula 1 said in a statement. "We all look forward to racing in China as soon as possible and wish everyone in the country the best during this difficult time."

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Red Bull RB16 Launched at Silverstone

https://www.formula1.com/en/la...K2sbFjVKe9C3sk7.html

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
So, Mercedes, Ferrari & Red Bull have shown their liveries for 2020. Apart from the Ineos additions to MBZ, looks almost the same as the 2019 cars.