SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Formula 1 Discussion
Page 1 ... 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... 227
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Formula 1 Discussion Login/Join 
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Maybe Hamilton can make a 65mm Quartz Watch with fake diamonds and gold plating and call it the Hamilton Poofter...

Posts: 4129 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
Any decent lawyer had to know this was an impossible win...but also knew that the hamster has deep pockets so why not stick your hand in there...

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6309 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Know who’s most disappointed with that outcome?

Timo Glock!

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12349 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
It pains me that one of my favorite watch companies shares its name with that piece of shit. Glad he lost his ridiculous court case.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21075 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Next thing is he will want Hamilton removed from our currency.

All those $10 dollar bills. Maybe we can get him to spend more of his money on another losing adventure.

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Surprised that he hasn’t sued the play “Hamilton”.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
I don't think he's dumb enough to try and roll the Disney Legal Dept.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I don't care for the politics or celebrity part of him but he is a great driver, no doubt.
Yes, he is presently in the best car and team but so haven't all the other greats. The best teams attract the best drivers and vice versa. Toto Wolf and many others have also contributed to the success to varying degrees.
Anyone that thinks it's all car, where did Bottas finish?

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
I don't care for the politics or celebrity part of him but he is a great driver, no doubt.
Yes, he is presently in the best car and team but so haven't all the other greats. The best teams attract the best drivers and vice versa. Toto Wolf and many others have also contributed to the success to varying degrees.
Anyone that thinks it's all car, where did Bottas finish?

[BottasFan]
2nd? Arguably, without the blown tire at Silverstone & the DNF at Nurburgring, he'd have been a closer fight the Lewis
[/BottasFan]

But, I also recognize that Lewis is the stronger driver. Hoping Bottas puts up a strong fight with him next year.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15153 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
^^ I was referring to the last race where the extra HP and track conditions really showed the differences in Hamilton's approach.
Also, as you point out Bottas isn't a second rate driver as many seem to think. He's also a really skilled and fast driver and looks worse sometimes because he's comparted to his teammate, who is exceptional.
I think most people that are being honest would consider Alonso to be pretty exceptional too and yet Lewis came into the team and immediately was able to compete with him in the same car. Yes, it was also a top team at the time and maybe Ron Dennis did favor him a bit, but even with that, it was an exceptional performance by a rookie.
Like anyone operation on the edge, he's made a few errors but they have been few.
He's also a cleaner driver than Senna and Schumacher from a sporting perspective. I've never seem him just drive people off the road or do over-aggressive blocking.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Albon.
Maybe not Senna or Schumacher level but, yeah.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I think Bottas & Albon have the hardest jobs on the grid, being constantly compared to their teammates.

Posts: 15153 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Yeah, I think Bottas & Albon have the hardest jobs on the grid, being constantly compared to their teammates.

Well, yeah, but I meant Hamilton's run ins with Albon.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
RBR got some work ahead of them tonight. For a light looking impact, that car was wasted on the R side.

Wouldn't have pegged Bahrain as a place for stray dogs, either. Seems a harsh climate for wandering.

women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
Seems like Albon all but sealed his fate with RBR today.

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HuskySig:
Seems like Albon all but sealed his fate with RBR today.

I don’t get why his fate isn’t sealed already. They’ve bounced back Kvyat and Gasly for far less than Albon has gotten away with. The only thing I can think of is Marko has some super hard on for only getting drivers from the junior Red Bull team and has some mental block from getting a driver from outside their own program.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
^ Hopefully Perez can break that pattern & get the seat.

women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
Tomorrow's race might be a bit of a procession. But, we're also at the end of the season and old parts might start failing. Here's to hoping for that!

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HuskySig:
Tomorrow's race might be a bit of a procession. But, we're also at the end of the season and old parts might start failing. Here's to hoping for that!

I guess it's a bit much to hope for rain.
The best chance for excitement is the higher tire wear or other tire issues this track could present.
Behind the top three, the times and field are tight so there should be some excellent mid-field action.
Looks like a track that you should be able to pass on with some slower corners before the straights.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I'm betting tomorrow gives significantly more action than next week's square-oval config.