SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Formula 1 Discussion
Page 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 227
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Formula 1 Discussion Login/Join 
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
Big lapse by Stroll.

Vettle tore up the field like a boss.

Great move by Max. Hamster was visibly irritated he didn't win. I like that.

Posts: 5098 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday Max, great way to spend the day.

Amazing drive by Vettel, crazy contact with Stroll.
Really bizarre that it damaged so much, considering they occasionally take harder hits during the race.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15150 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:

Really bizarre that it damaged so much, considering they occasionally take harder hits during the race.

As realtors say "Location, location, location". Smile

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
^ True, but having seen cars practically drive over another's wheel, at race speed, this seems bizarre.

Posts: 15150 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Vettel limited the damage but Ferrari sure gave up an unexpected opportunity to claw back some of the points from the last race.
The track looked like it would be a real power circuit but the Honda's and Renault engine cars seemed to be pretty close on power. Max even passed Hamilton at the end of the straight. Yes, he had the DRS but a few races ago they didn't appear to be that close.
There were also rumors that Mercedes has turned the engines down to get them to last longer so they don't get hit with as many penalties before the end of the season.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Added another expense to the upcoming USGP weekend, parking.
Was originally considering utilizing the shuttle, but it is $50/day/person, so $300 for me & my wife.

$125 for 3 day parking looks like a bargain by comparison, just have to deal with a little traffic.
And, after Sunday, I can just hop on 71 & head back to Houston, rather than shuttling back to downtown & heading out.

thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Added another expense to the upcoming USGP weekend, parking.
Was originally considering utilizing the shuttle, but it is $50/day/person, so $300 for me & my wife.

Well, that's certainly gotten outrageous. As I recall the last time we were there (years 1 and 2) it was less than that on Sunday, and WAY!!! less than that F/S. Crazy. The shuttle service did run pretty smoothly though....

First year we got a spot in the lot nearby, thinking we'd be able to "tailgate" a little before and after rather than trying to fight the crowd. We'd done that at all 7 Indy F1 races. Unfortunately this lot is crushed limestone so the dust is incredible. Trapped in the car unless walking to/from, and it would have been nuts to sit there idling in that dust. As I recall that was an expensive lot then.... Mad

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12348 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
ESPN replaces NBC as F1 broadcaster in the US

The NBC Sports Group has announced it will stop broadcasting Formula 1 races on American television after the end of the 2017 season, with ESPN taking over.

I can only hope this is the last I'll see of shouting, piercing and reedy voiced, drama queen Leigh Diffey. Hoping for Bob Varsha and Matchett for sure, Hobbs not so much.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Yes, but this is us. We'll get Allen Bestwick and Eddie Cheever. Frown

Posts: 4129 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
On the plus side of the ESPN deal, we'll also be getting coverage of all sessions, FP1-3, quali & the race.

thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
On the plus side of the ESPN deal, we'll also be getting coverage of all sessions, FP1-3, quali & the race.

That would be cool, but what makes you think this? I didn't see it in the article linked, but may be missing that??

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12348 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
quote:

That would be cool, but what makes you think this? I didn't see it in the article linked, but may be missing that??

I had read it elsewhere, snipped from the linked article, bolded for emphasis:
http://www.espn.com/f1/story/_...mula-one-rights-2018

quote:

Beginning with the Australian Grand Prix in March, every race will air live on the ESPN, ESPN2 or ABC. The package will include every practice and qualifying session and involve more than 125 hours of F1 programming across the first season.

Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
Great to hear it is returning to the ABC Family...well, I guess the Disney Family

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14175 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Hopefully the weather turns around in Suzuka. FP2 only 5 drivers turned a timed lap due to rain.

Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hopefully the weather turns around in Suzuka. FP2 only 5 drivers turned a timed lap due to rain.

Not a spoiler, in fact a welcome report. I now know not to set aside time to watch the DVR, thanks.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Sorry, didn't consider spoilers...
With some weather, it may help the McHondas in the race on Sunday. They seem to have a well sorted chassis & improved performance based on the last couple races.

Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sorry, didn't consider spoilers...

Sincerely, no problemo. That's time I'll be glad to have this evening. Smile (how can that much less Leigh Diffey not be a good thing?)

Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 9mmepiphany:
Great to hear it is returning to the ABC Family...well, I guess the Disney Family

ABC and their broadcast crew do a terrible job on the few races they cover now. Other than maybe they have a larger audience, I don't see how they will be an improvement.

Example;
"Among the season highlights will be the Monaco Grand Prix on Sunday, May 27 (Memorial Day weekend in the U.S.), which will air live on ESPN after the Indianapolis 500."

The only problem with that is that the Monaco Grand Prix happens about 6 hours before the Indy 500.

They did a less than great job on the Indy 500 coverage they hold captive. I will give them credit for being the first to show any coverage decades ago but as soon as it gained traction and went elsewhere, coverage kept improving.

The real reason for this is probably that Liberty Media now owns F-1 and they are a competitor according to the press release.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
**Japanese GP Spoiler (by implication)**

DVR'd over night, after a very few laps headed elsewhere to do some sanding on a project. Asked the wife to let me know if anything interesting happens, never heard from her. Got back in time to catch the last three laps, muted the sound, erased the recording asap.

posted Hide Post
After the incident to which you refer (no spoilers), I fast-forwarded to see if his teammate did anything (he did), then deleted.

I may not even record or watch the USGP, if it's true that Hamilton will "take a knee."

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post