SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Formula 1 Discussion
Page 1 ... 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 ... 227
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Formula 1 Discussion Login/Join 
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
Dammit! Best race of the season and it didn’t record

You can watch on ESPN app, with login access tied to your cable/satellite provider.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12348 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I was puzzled by Stroll's comment, "it was mine to lose", as if that was some sort of accomplishment.
He was right, sort of, and then went on to meet those low expectations.
He lost through a fumble of his own making.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
Dammit! Best race of the season and it didn’t record

You can watch on ESPN app, with login access tied to your cable/satellite provider.

Thanks, it actually ended up recording later in the day. It appears the US Open Tennis Tournament caused the race to be shifted to an ESPN channel that I don’t receive. It later recorded on...ESPN flagship, I guess.

It was really fun watching Gasly and the Alpha Tauri team out of their minds in celebration.

Meanwhile, Scuderia not only appears incapable of matching Mercedes and Honda and Renault? for speed and chassis set up, but they can’t get their fukkin’ brakes right?!?

Posts: 13164 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
Thought it was funny that Hammy started the whole knee taking thing, shamed anybody who didn't play along, and then he was nowhere to be found.

I guess the dumb shit didn't think he'd have to do it every time. Roll Eyes

There was supposedly a "timing error" that caused him to miss that "cherished" event, much like the timing error that threw his car back in the pack because the idiot wanted to pit when it was closed. The funny thing is Schumacher blew a tire at Brazil 2006 at his retirement race. He had nothing else to achieve, but he still went from last to 4th and also passed his replacement at Ferrari Kimi Raikkonen on the way. Chinstrap barely made it back into the points.

And idiots try to claim he's the best driver in the world??

Posts: 4129 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Probably not the 1000th race headlines Ferrari was looking for dominating the interviews over weekend.

https://www.pitpass.com/67957/...Aston-Martin-in-2021

Posts: 12348 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post

Posts: 15150 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
Might work out well if the team can continue to base their cars off Mercedes Benz.

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Shame that Checo didn't really get much notice, especially with him being mid-way into a multi-year deal.

Looking like Haas & Alfa might be his only potential options to have a '21 drive.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15150 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Looking like Haas & Alfa might be his only potential options to have a '21 drive.

Ugggg. I'd be looking at sports cars.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
quote:

Ugggg. I'd be looking at sports cars.

Yeah, neither is a great option currently.

Also read that he said he'd retire over taking a sabbatical.

posted Hide Post
I guess we will find out just how good of a driver Lance Stroll is next season, when he goes up against Vettel.

Posts: 6600 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GT-40DOC:
I guess we will find out just how good of a driver Lance Stroll is next season, when he goes up against Vettel.

When Hulkenburg stepped into the car after the season off and smoked him, it was easy to see.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'm pretty sure we already know that.

Hey - good on his dad for having the cash to support mediocrity and floofy hair. I suspect no other part of his business dealings have been driven by that and I expect that won't lead to the success he and Aston expect here.

Mr. Stroll was pretty sure he was the big cheese, but the sport requires funding beyond what he wants to burn, thus Aston. Those dudes aren't playing and I expect they give zero fucks what your last name is if you aren't way up front. Witness, their other series experiences recently.

Personally I hope that Seb comes in hot and that Aston makes the changes they need to build serious momentum and catch up to the field (copy or not). Them being the 3rd or 4th team really pushing, and winning, would be a welcome change. Heck, I might even buy an Aston.

HA!! Razz

Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:

Kind of an interesting dynamic. I know that Stroll had Juan Pablo Montoya mentor him a little while back and Stroll responded with better (less dismal)performances. I'm wondering how much Vettel will be expected to take Stroll under his wing. Talent notwithstanding, Stroll is teachable but Vettel hasn't shown anything to point to him being that guy.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Saw an article this morning that Haas has a shortlist of 10 drivers for '21 (incumbents included).

Perez is on that list. A Perez/Magnussen lineup wouldn't be bad.
Perez/Hulkenberg?

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Watching FP1 at Mugello.
Some of the runoff areas look quite shall/short. Looks like a tight track.

Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Perez/Hulkenberg?

For many teams that would be a heck of a strong lineup and better than what they have now. For Haas this should be a no brained. Warning - not a Magnussen fan

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I'm less of a RoGro fan than Mag.
If I had to keep one of them, I'd keep Mag.

Both Perez & Hulk are consistent solid drivers, just a shame to put them in the pretty noncompetitive Haas.

thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Speaking or rules (or starting to) WTF is up with this being one of the only series where you can work on car during a red flag?

I'm not saying I didn't enjoy the chaos of last weekend, but it reminds once again of an area that just makes zero sense. Safety items - sure, but not tires, wing adjustments, etc. That creates a significant unfair advantage purely as the result of a red flag, not due to luck of timing, etc. before the flag is thrown.

Can anyone explain the rationale behind this? Heck even NASCAR can figure this out.....

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Watching FP1 at Mugello.
Some of the runoff areas look quite shall/short. Looks like a tight track.

Looks like a very narrow track too. The only overtake spot looks to be the long straight.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post