SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Formula 1 Discussion
Page 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 227
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Formula 1 Discussion Login/Join 
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
45 days....

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15153 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Testing starts soon then another shortly after. Not the same as racing but better than nothing.
There will be lots to watch.

The new reworked Ferrari team. How will Vettel handle the pressure of his new teammate and will that teammate perform at the top level?

What's the preseason plus minus on the Honda?

Has Renault made progress relative to everyone else?

Will a McLaren built for the Renault move up the grid.

Robert Kubica?

The new drivers?

Will the new aero stuff help following and passing?

Anything to the rumors that Liberty Media is looking to bail?

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Lots of unknowns this season, for sure.

Hoping for a better season for Bottas
Leclerc has a lot to live up to with his promotion
RBR + Honda?
Sauber should be good with half the garage, I expect Kimi to pull the max from the car.
Hoping for a solid Renault for Ricciardo
Expecting business as usual for HAAS & the team formerly known as Force India Razz
Toro Rosso, probably similar-ish to last season?
Hopefully McLaren has a better season.
Williams a big ???. Will see how Kubica is in testing.

Posts: 15153 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
That's right, I forgot about Stroll. Nowhere to to hide now.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Sauber F1 officially renamed to Alfa Romeo Racing for 2019 season.

https://www.formula1.com/en/la...QrTxzCaiUXEBDNx.html

posted Hide Post
Aston Martin Red Bull Renault Tag Heuer Infinity powered by Honda Performance Racing/ Acura.

I already took a prop bet that they blow an engine by the 3rd race, and they use at least 5 engines (in either car). I like to see Dutch/Belgium wonder body get mad.

Posts: 8711 | Registered: January 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 280nosler:
....Infinity....

Infiniti and beyond!??!

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12350 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 280nosler:
Aston Martin Red Bull Renault Tag Heuer Infinity powered by Honda Performance Racing/ Acura.

I already took a prop bet that they blow an engine by the 3rd race, and they use at least 5 engines (in either car). I like to see Dutch/Belgium wonder body get mad.

I think a realistic approach would be to ramp up the performance this year at the risk of reliability and work in reliability for the next year. A development year.
I don't know if they have the patience for that and with rule changes always a possibility that may not pay off long term.

Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Size differences over the years --

https://www.reddit.com/r/formu..._of_ferrari_f1_cars/

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cfiore
posted Hide Post
Just an FYI, HAAS launched their car today. It is Black & Gold.

Posts: 472 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
A few shots of the VF-19

Personally, I liked the battleship gray VF-17 and the white VF-18 a bit better. But the Lotus-esque scheme looks great too. Just hope it doesn't blend in with the Renault too much.

Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just hope it doesn't blend in with the Renault too much.

That was my first thought also

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14175 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 9mmepiphany:
quote:
Just hope it doesn't blend in with the Renault too much.

That was my first thought also

Will have to wait & see how much the works Renaults change their livery from last years' very black over yellow look.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Business as usual at STR:

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Williams FW42

Not bad, but a huge step back from the Martini livery.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Not much change from the 2018 livery here.

Renault R.S. 19

addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Meh. Renault only looks right with black and white over yellow, not the other way around.

Winning Le Mans. Coming close to a constructors' championship. Embrace the glory era. Don't run away from it.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Mercedes W10

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Red Bull RB15

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Racing Point