SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Formula 1 Discussion
Page 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 227
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Formula 1 Discussion Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
on Directv anytime you record a sporting event it asks you if you want to extend recording time, 30 min, hour, etc.

Surprised the dvr on cable doesn't let you do that.

Posts: 23242 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
on Directv anytime you record a sporting event it asks you if you want to extend recording time, 30 min, hour, etc.

You could just record the next program or two.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

You could just record the next program or two.

But you'd probably have to manually do that, as I doubt its consistent with what comes on after the race.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15153 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
I wish there were a way to get a second USGP at Road America. I love that track.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Dont have a source, but got a notification from the F1 app that all Saturday activities are canceled.

Assuming quali will be early Sunday morning. Not sure if they'll move or cancel FP3

Posts: 15153 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
“With Super Typhoon Hagibis looming, circuit officials at Suzuka took the decision to postpone qualifying until the morning of Sunday's race when conditions are forecast to have improved.

But if the track remains too dangerous for the cars to run, the final running here on Friday will determine the grid…”

https://mol.im/a/7561691

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8854 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Double check your DVRs. Quali scheduled for broadcast on ESPNews at 7:55 CST tonight.

Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
On now 8:55 on ESPNHD, #207 on Directv.
Looks like sunny and blue sky.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Big Grin
Very happy with today's result. Real shame for the DNF

Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I just wonder what the result would be if Hamilton stayed out.
He pretty much burned his new tires off in about 10 laps at the end following Vettel but couldn’t pass.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I missed a bit of the commentary at the end, but they were congratulating Mercedes for 6 doubles. So, I'm guessing only Ham & Bot have a statistical chance at the WDC?

Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
So, I'm guessing only Ham & Bot have a statistical chance at the WDC?

I believe you're right. BTW Leclerc hit with a fifteen second penalty dropping him to seventh. This was imposed post race, not sure why the stewards couldn't make some decision during the race. It was a conspicuous clumsy move.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
I just wonder what the result would be if Hamilton stayed out.
He pretty much burned his new tires off in about 10 laps at the end following Vettel but couldn’t pass.

I wondered too. We’ve seen him stay competitive and nurse a set a tires long after it was predicted he needed to pit. I can’t help but think he could have finished the race on the mediums; especially since they showed a graphic of his estimated tire wear just a couple laps before he pitted, they were pretty darn good.

Posts: 13165 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
quote:

I believe you're right. BTW Leclerc hit with a fifteen second penalty dropping him to seventh. This was imposed post race, not sure why the stewards couldn't make some decision during the race. It was a conspicuous clumsy move.

Did some quick math.
Current standings are HAM|338 BOT|274
Bottas has to win the next 4 races & get fastest lap to be at 378pts.
If Hamilton finishes 5th in the next 4 races, he'll be at 378pts.

Looking like a near guaranteed HAM WDC.

posted Hide Post
Am I the only one pissed they did not black/ orange flag LeClerc? I mean the car was loosing bits all over the track....for three frigging laps. The endplate on the Hass (used for the following example) weighs ~550 grams, and they were doing 305kph on 130R when Hamilton had to swerve, and it still took his right side mirror off.

As an example, the spring that hit Filipe Massa in the head in Hungary 10 years ago was 700 grams, and the published speed was 225kph. The kinetic energy of the spring hitting Massa's head was 1367 Joules of energy. I have not calculated the degradation of speed the spring was carrying.

I'm not surprised Hamilton was complaining, at 305 kph (85 meters per second) the end plate would generate in excess of 1900 Joules of energy. Even a side mirror weighs about 300 grams, and would produce over 1000 Joules of energy at the same speed.

I'm more pissed at the stewards than anybody this week. They did not come off as professional with their handling and enforcement.

Posts: 8711 | Registered: January 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Did some quick math.

True.

If Hamilton wins in Mexico, and Bottas finishes 5th or lower, Hamilton could clinch.

Also, if Bottas wins in Mexico, and Hamilton does not finish, or is out of the points, the margin would be just 39. The season is not over yet.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 280nosler:
Am I the only one pissed they did not black/ orange flag LeClerc? I mean the car was loosing bits all over the track....for three frigging laps. The endplate on the Hass (used for the following example) weighs ~550 grams, and they were doing 305kph on 130R when Hamilton had to swerve, and it still took his right side mirror off.

As an example, the spring that hit Filipe Massa in the head in Hungary 10 years ago was 700 grams, and the published speed was 225kph. The kinetic energy of the spring hitting Massa's head was 1367 Joules of energy. I have not calculated the degradation of speed the spring was carrying.

I'm not surprised Hamilton was complaining, at 305 kph (85 meters per second) the end plate would generate in excess of 1900 Joules of energy. Even a side mirror weighs about 300 grams, and would produce over 1000 Joules of energy at the same speed.

I'm more pissed at the stewards than anybody this week. They did not come off as professional with their handling and enforcement.

Agreed, it was pretty shocking that he carried on as long as he did. Definite Eek when the end plate detached, and very lucky for Hamilton that it was only a sidemirror that was the casualty.
Never did see a replay of Leclerc losing his wing mirror, but I think it detached around 130R as well. Commentary mentioned he had gone through 130R previously, 1-handed, holding the mirror with the other.

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Did some quick math.

True.

If Hamilton wins in Mexico, and Bottas finishes 5th or lower, Hamilton could clinch.

Also, if Bottas wins in Mexico, and Hamilton does not finish, or is out of the points, the margin would be just 39. The season is not over yet.

I'm hopeful, as a Bottas fan, but the odds are surely stacked against him.
I imagine he'll be adding some aggression in his driving to try to force an error on Hamilton.

Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
..they were doing 305kph on 130R when Hamilton had to swerve, and it still took his right side mirror off.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Guessing Hamilton saw the end plate detach & swerved right, thinking it was going to continue to the left.
Had he continued on, it likely would've missed him.

Amateur Razz

posted Hide Post
quote:
Guessing Hamilton saw the end plate detach & swerved right, thinking it was going to continue to the left.
Had he continued on, it likely would've missed him.

Amateur Razz

I dare say if he was 50 feet closer, it would have been in the cockpit, and we would be having a drastically different conversation. I see enclosed cockpits coming soon.....