SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Formula 1 Discussion
Page 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 227
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Formula 1 Discussion Login/Join 
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
James is well versed in the art of stroking the ego.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:

Autosport (I think) did a video analysis on it, such a tiny piece of the floor directly in front of the LR tire. Crazy that such a seemingly minor piece can cause such an aero imbalance.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
Crazy that such a seemingly minor piece can cause such an aero imbalance.

Since it is meant to keep dirty air out of the diffuser, I'd think that that unbalanced lost of rear downforce would have quite an affect on the handling...to say nothing of the increased rear tire wear

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14175 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I think when you can't find anything, you find something and embellish to get the desired effect.
I suspect going onto the yellow tires so early, to cover Vettel, had a lot more to do with his problems.
Vettel took those tires a lap earlier and had a similar unexplained lack of speed. His teammate, who went onto the harder tires, and later, was much quicker during the second half, even after going off course where he likely suffered a few nicked up parts on the floor.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Off topic a bit.
Watching Indy qualifying at COTA. After 4 years watching F1 at COTA (2 in person), Indy isn't quite as exciting.

The no penalty for exceeding track limits is interesting, not sure if that's just for quali or all weekend.

Location of the start/finish for quali is odd being before that last turn, rather than the start/finish line.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Thoughts on this weekend? Anther MBZ runaway, or have Ferrari sorted their setup shortcomings from AUS to be more on the pace?

thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
We'll certainly know by end of Q3. I'm afraid it's going to be more of the same, but a fellow can hope.

In other news say where Mick Schumacher is testing next week in both the Ferrari and the Alfa. Very cool.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12350 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Not overly surprised about Schumacher getting a test.

Being an F2 driver opens the possibility, being a Schumacher opens the door to the red cars.

Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
So much great F1 content on YouTube, etc. was watching Nico Rossburg interview Bernie, Flavio, Massa, and Toto Wolff and something Flavio said really stood out (actually all made good points at some time) about all this high tech and massive investment only to save tires for the last 1/2 or 1:3 of a race. Excellent point about the current state of F1.

Also re-experiencing Schumi’s WCs journey through the years.

Lastly, I hope that in Bahrain we see some improved pace from the prancing ponies.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
Reports from ferarri suggest they anticipate better performance on a smoother track than what Melbourne is.

I'm still a little worried about their straight line speed compared to Mercedes...

Should be a good show, Riccardo is probably wishing he stayed at Red Bull. I would rather play second fiddle to Max in a competitive car than be the team leader for an organization on the apparent decline.

Still nowhere near as bad a situation as Williams has. That girl has no business running a team. And no, I'm not saying it's because she has a vagina. She is a poor leader.

Posts: 5101 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Will for sure be interesting, the Mercs looks really twitchy on the bumpy Melbourne surface; that same stiffness could be a benefit & more stable on a smoother purpose-built track.

Hoping for more Bottas dominance, and some more of the mid-field scraps with things seeming tighter in the 4-7 place teams.

Real shame to see Williams in this state. Hope they're able to turn things around. Would be a real downer if they dropped out of competing.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoctorSolo:
Still nowhere near as bad a situation as Williams has. That girl has no business running a team. And no, I'm not saying it's because she has a vagina. She is a poor leader.

quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Real shame to see Williams in this state. Hope they're able to turn things around. Would be a real downer if they dropped out of competing.

Head's back!

Posts: 2538 | Location: KY | Registered: October 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
I'm hopeful we see someone step in and buy out Williams. That's the only pathway for that team I'm afraid. Frank and his process are effectively gone.

Posts: 12350 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
1/2 hour ahead of you ^^^

Maybe Head can bring the ship around, though it may be too late for the 2019 car, unless they can ramp up development & make a late season charge to escape last in the Constructor's Championship....

Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
interesting!

Popcorn a poppin!

Posts: 5101 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Pretty uneventful FP1 at Bahrain, use link at bottom to view --

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tS4wXL5ar8g

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Red cars looking strong on 1-lap pace.

Tough call if they're genuinely quicker this weekend, or if MBZ added a couple bags of sand for practice....

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Interesting front row for tomorrow.

thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Just saw quali - interesting results. Grosjean continues to show what an idiot he can be. That was incredibly close to a massive wreck.

And how does Steiner think their decision not to communicate with their drivers somehow makes this OK?

quote:
"He did not do anything wrong," said Steiner.

"There was no radio call. Why should he get a point? That is just like having it out at somebody.

Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
I think I'm gonna be sick.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post