SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Formula 1 Discussion
Page 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 227
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Formula 1 Discussion Login/Join 
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
rewatched Senna (2010) early last month. still 10/10.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by f2:
rewatched Senna (2010) early last month. still 10/10.

Same here, on a quiet Saturday. Really well done movie.
Drive to Survive was pretty good as well.
Have Williams in my watch queue.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Same here, on a quiet Saturday. Really well done movie.
Have Williams in my watch queue.
will check those two ^ out.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
quote:
pretty good...

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by f2:
quote:
pretty good...

I think it was Grosjean that hit him, but still funny Big Grin

Interesting seeing the unfiltered behind-the-scenes footage. Shame MB & Fer refused to participate.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Now that the early fly away races are done it will be interesting to see who is best updating and developing their cars.
Ferrari is supposed to have a major power upgrade and even Williams is supposed to be bringing new stuff to Spain. This was where they tested in the winter so it will be interesting to compare top winter times to this weekend. Warmer weather will make it harder to compare too.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to more of same genius!

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12350 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
If a Mercedes is to be on top, I'm glad it's the 77 over the 44.

Picture of cfiore
posted Hide Post
Ferrari bring a new PU and numerous aero updates and the Mercs still are miles ahead. I am a huge Ferrari fan but the Mercs are just in a league by themselves. I was hopeful with the PU upgrade rushed out earlier than intended but Ferrari just can't answer the Mercs. The only silver lining I can find is that it is 77 over 44 as P250UA5 stated. Unless Ferrari can pull out some miracle this weekend (which I doubt) the WDC and WCC are both over. So, so, SO sick of the Mercs and Hamilton. But I'm sure Toto will be spewing his normal bs about how Ferrari are ahead trying to keep interest alive. Yep, I'm just a little bitter.

Posts: 472 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Only the 5th race, so still time for the red cars to come back. Watching FP this morning, surprised there are only 4 drivers with no points after 4 races.

Hopefully Williams can start making a development surge with Head on board.

I'm a MB fan, so I'm less discouraged with the 4 consecutive 1-2 finishes, and I'm a VB77 fan too, so glad to see him leading the DC. He definitely seems a stronger & more confident driver this season. I read a comment, too, that the revised driver weight regs made the off season the first that he didn't get sick over the break.

Ricciardo is my #2 driver, so I hope Renault can pick up the pace. I imagine he'd be fighting the top 5 if he were still in the RBR.

thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
I'm shifting my focus to pulling for Haas as best of the rest....

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12350 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
I'm shifting my focus to pulling for Haas as best of the rest....

they definitely seem to be on the pace this weekend. We'll see if they can convert that into long-run race-pace.

I'm hoping for a surge from Renault & for Williams to gain some significant pace.

An intense midfield fight would be great.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Pole by a decent margin. Definitely liking Bottas 2.0 (aka Aussie-spec Bottas)

Hamilton's car looked ragged around Q3, seemed to be fighting it a lot.
Leclerc a bit off the pace compared to earlier races.
Glad to see Ricciardo in the top 10 (before his Baku penalty).

Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Ferrari just don't seem to have the speed of Mercedes at most tracks and are finding ways to shoot themselves in the foot each weekend. They gave away any chance of beating Max with poor strategy and execution of the pit stops. The only thing they haven't done wrong so far is having the drivers run into each other.
Red Bull still don't have the engine to compete at most tracks but Honda has closed the gap a lot this year and reliability seems much better. Gasly does seem to be improving but still isn't near the top level on speed or racecraft. I'm sure they miss Daniel and vice versa but I don't blame him, he's making a lot more money than Red Bull would have paid him.
Mercedes only failure was Bottas clutch adjustment off the line. They both caught the lights perfectly but Bottas car struggled after that to turn one. He did a great job to avoid contact in turn one and not lose any places, making the best of what he had. Hamilton performed flawlessly as did the team from that point on.
Monaco will give Red Bull some hope but that's not going to be easy either as Mercedes seem to have the slow corner stuff figured out too.
Hopefully Bottas good form will continue as that's the only thing keeping the top of the order interesting.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
Basically a quarter of the way through the season and the championships are pretty well decided. Just depends on who from Merc wins the drivers’ championship. Boring season.

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Thankfully the IndyCars at the Indy road course had a fantastic race, I'd call it a classic. Small comfort to know racing can be compelling and fun.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
F1 needs to define rules that make everyone a midfield team.
The racing is fierce and unpredictable behind the top three teams.
Even Williams is closer to the midfield than the midfield is to Mercedes.

Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I am trying to figure out who the team manager for Ferrari is working for

this season has been abysmal decision making and strategy worthy of a three year old

bring back Arrivabene before the entire season is lost

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Out
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
I am trying to figure out who the team manager for Ferrari is working for

this season has been abysmal decision making and strategy worthy of a three year old

bring back Arrivabene before the entire season is lost

Mattia Binotto is a long time (engine) engineer back from the late 90s working alongside with Michael.

Arrivebene was the head of USA car sales. Can’t say he was any better. He was moved out because he created unhealthy division interdepartmentally. He was considered “old school”.

On the other hand Mattia Binotto, is supposed to be far more inclusive, open minded And doesn’t promote a culture of keeping silent.

Look at Toto Wolff over at Mercedes ( who may replace Chase Carey at Liberty). He changed the entire culture at Merc from Ross Braun/Michael Shumacher (love that pairing) who just couldn’t win/compete with that platform and team.

Toto Wolff came in and changed the entire culture with the phrase “see something, say something” meaning anybody at any level should have the ability/empower workers to point out areas and defects.

Ferrari doesn’t roll that way. You just cannot criticize their car. Mattia Binotto is seen as changing that.

Two big issues for me and F1 include 1) tires have become far too important to the race results. Minimal rubber between this road surface and the cords is crazy, along with the notion of a single tyre vendor, and 2) the media in a desperate attempt to keep viewers perpetuate the lie that Ferrari has the fastest pace when they don’t. It’s all Merc every day every race. Since 2014.

Boring ... I’m about to give up. Thank goodness for Le Mans.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
find it fascinating that the great drivers always excelled in the rain.