SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Formula 1 Discussion
Page 1 ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 227
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Formula 1 Discussion Login/Join 
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
So, Mercedes, Ferrari & Red Bull have shown their liveries for 2020. Apart from the Ineos additions to MBZ, looks almost the same as the 2019 cars.

You're missing some of the subtleties.

Just at a quick glance at the RB picture, the first thing that catches my eye is their complete change in design philosophy in their nose tip...which leads to changes in the S-duct and the fins behind the cockpit

Ferrari made some pretty major changes to the side pod ducting and seem to have done some unique work in front of the rear wheels

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14175 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I mostly meant livery-wise, since I'm sure the overall car designs will evolve a bit over testing before they hit the grid in Melbourne.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Autosport analysis on the RB16 launch car

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gdt28J0B_9Q

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Also remember that these new car introductions are more for the sponsors and the actual cars may be much different that what shows up on the grid or even preseason testing.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
True.
Look at the W10 which was completely different from pre-season test 1 to 2.

I expect to see some major body/aero deviations in testing as compared to these launch cars.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
McLaren MCL35

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
IMO, a nice improvement. I like the addition of the blue to the lower half of the car to break up the papaya.

We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
The McLaren seems to have radically changed the side and rear body work. Engine cover also looks to have a really different profile.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
The Mac looks hard to miss, I hope the usual suspects see it coming. Smile

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Hope they stick with this livery. I think it looks great!

AlphaTauri AT01

women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
quote:
AlphaTauri AT01

Which mid to back of the pack team was this?

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Rosso.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HuskySig:
quote:
AlphaTauri AT01

Which mid to back of the pack team was this?

Toro Rosso. Alpha Tauri is Red Bull's premium clothing line.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Cars are back on track, and all is again right with the world Razz

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keKA2ZqR6ik

Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
What's encouraging is that ALL the manufacturers were out at the first test.

Racing. (Point) has been very impressive...at least Checo has

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14175 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
And Williams wasn't the slowest on day 1.

Russell beat his 2019 quali time in testing today.
Edit: Russell was 0.9sec faster than his 2019 quali time, on harder tires & colder temps.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: P250UA5,

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Pre-Season Testing: Day 1 Highlights

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-umzXbSNFY

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Pre-Season Testing: Day 2 Highlights

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNV2CHD9PTg

Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
So far the Mercedes steering system and 2019 Mercedes run by Racing Point are getting the most discussion.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
So far the Mercedes steering system and 2019 Mercedes run by Racing Point are getting the most discussion.

I'm curious if the MBZ DAS system is a testing only 'ploy' to maybe distract from other developments, or something they intend to pursue throughout the season.

Makes you wonder what that adds onto the drivers, to have to push/pull the wheel to adjust toe, while pushing the car 100%.

Williams looking at a promising start, Russel bested his 2019 quali time by almost a full second in day 1 testing.