SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Formula 1 Discussion
Page 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... 227
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Formula 1 Discussion Login/Join 
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Vandoorne out, Norris in, at McLaren.
Brown recommends Toro Rosso to sign Vandoorne.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15150 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Vandoorne out, Norris in, at McLaren.
Brown recommends Toro Rosso to sign Vandoorne.

Here, take our garbage.

In 2 years I have been astounded by how boring a driver Vandoorne is. Not to say their car has been great, it has essentially been one small step above a F2 car, but he has 21 points , and has not classified inside the top 15. I mean both Perez and Ocon have more points in 2 races as he has had either season.

Posts: 8711 | Registered: January 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
FIA told Ferrari to stop screwing with the Cameras on top of their cars. They had been using cooling bags on them which led to the cameras fogging over and not producing a viable image the last two races. From another place I read it, it made it sound like Charlie Whiting was quite pissed when Vettel's camera was fogged over at SPA two weeks ago.

https://jalopnik.com/ferrari-o...1-cameras-1828835246

Picture of Mutiny
posted Hide Post

Posts: 478 | Location: Out West | Registered: January 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cfiore
posted Hide Post
quote:

Kimi is going to Sauber for two years. Interesting in that if Leclerc implodes, which I don't see happening, they could easily make a swap much like Red Bull & Toro Rosso do.

Posts: 472 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cfiore:
quote:

Kimi is going to Sauber for two years. Interesting in that if Leclerc implodes, which I don't see happening, they could easily make a swap much like Red Bull & Toro Rosso do.

Good to have that insurance in your pocket. Leclerc has definitely put the Sauber higher than it 'deserved' to be this season.
Hope he does well at Ferrari, the kid seems likable & can surely drive.

Posts: 15150 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I assume they will keep Ericson for the time being? The only other possibility is Antonio Giovinazzi.

I guess that just leaves the 2 seats at Hass, 2 seats at Torro Rosso, 1 seat at Williams and 1 seat at Force Point/ India.

Round and round she goes, where it ends, nobody knows.

Picture of cfiore
posted Hide Post
I would love to see Giovinazzi in the second Sauber, unfortunately I don't see that happening as then it would be a complete Ferrari B team, and if I recall Sauber has the say on the other seat and Ericson has backing with someone at Sauber. I would also love to see Giovinazzi in the second Haas seat. I think they will keep K Mag, but I think Crashjean needs to go. He is just FAR too inconsistent. I think things will accelerate now with the other teams now that Ferrari has made it's decision.

Posts: 472 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Ericsson has been pretty consistent this season, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him stay on as #2 at Sauber.

KMag has been driving well & keeping the car in 1 piece, agreed that Grosjean may get the boot.

Kubica likely to come in at Williams, unknown on #2.

RPFI: Stroll & Perez is my guess.

I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
I don't really see what the great thing about Giovinazzi is. All I've ever seen him do is either go slow or crash/total every car he's gotten into. At least Paul Tracy was "wreckers or checkers."

Posts: 4129 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cfiore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
I don't really see what the great thing about Giovinazzi is. All I've ever seen him do is either go slow or crash/total every car he's gotten into. At least Paul Tracy was "wreckers or checkers."

Not so much a great thing with Gio, but more there are a lot of people who would like to see what he can do in F1. He was runner up for the championship in F2 in his rookie season and then has had to sit out for two years, through no fault of his own. Ericson while consistent is frankly worthless. I saw a stat that pointed out Leclerc had more points in the first 6 races or something, than Ericosn had total in his career. Give someone a chance who has shown they are possibly capable of doing more with an F1 car.

Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
hugely disappointed by the results at Monza

Hammy managed to shit all over the start and came out smelling like a rose

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53085 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I don't get the Giovinazzi thing either. There are lots of people that can do one quick lap, followed by crash damage.
I don't see that Hamilton screwed up the start. He drove a clean and and smart race (and I'm not a fan). Vettel chose poorly, when to get aggressive. He had the car to do the job. He decided to bet all the marbles in the first corner when he could have waited until the next straight and sailed by.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
I don't get the Giovinazzi thing either. There are lots of people that can do one quick lap, followed by crash damage.
I don't see that Hamilton screwed up the start. He drove a clean and and smart race (and I'm not a fan). Vettel chose poorly, when to get aggressive. He had the car to do the job. He decided to bet all the marbles in the first corner when he could have waited until the next straight and sailed by.

Not sure if I posted it here, but saw a similar comment with the Spa chaos.
Tried to win the race on lap 1, T1; instead of focusing on the last lap.

Ferrari might've been able to come home with a 1-2, if there were a bit more patience at the start. I'm a Mercedes fan #1, but the Ferrari is a great car this year.

Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I thought many of you would enjoy this. Formula 1 hero of my childhood, Sir Jackie Stewart, talking about another hero of F1 and other international motor sports, Dan Gurney. Then Stewart drives Dan’s American Eagle F1 car at Goodwood. So great to see two things on the track again—the beautiful lines and evocative nose of the V-12 Gurney-Westlake and the tartan halo on Jackie Stewart’s helmet.

Posts: 13164 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:

^^^^^^

Arguably the most beautiful F1 car ever. Imagine trusting those tires through the Masta Kink at 1000mph. Eek

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
I thought many of you would enjoy this. Formula 1 hero of my childhood, Sir Jackie Stewart, talking about another hero of F1 and other international motor sports, Dan Gurney. Then Stewart drives Dan’s American Eagle F1 car at Goodwood. So great to see two things on the track again—the beautiful lines and evocative nose of the V-12 Gurney-Westlake and the tartan halo on Jackie Stewart’s helmet.

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="408" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/m8wxnEajkpI" width="725"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

I’m guessing the caption doesn’t go with the story since that’s not an Eagle. Jackie Stewart it is though.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:

I’m guessing the caption doesn’t go with the story since that’s not an Eagle. Jackie Stewart it is though.

Yes, see the vid to see the wonderful Eagle.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had the chance to meet Stewart at Road America when he was driving the Lola Can Am car in the 1970's. We talked for a few seconds while walking through the pits. Or, more accurately, I trotted along side him, since he was the fastest walker I ever knew! Cool

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Possible 2021 car concept leak
I like a lot of it, but not feeling the huge winglets on the front wing, nor the dorsal fin.