SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Formula 1 Discussion
Page 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... 228
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Formula 1 Discussion Login/Join 
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
ESPN figured out how to get commercials back into the programming. Frown

But, SKY race coverage is sooooooo much better than NBC Smile

IIRC, commercial free coverage is quali & race. Still commercials in FP sessions.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15288 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
The Sky coverage has really improved since the first race in Australia where it wasn’t coordinated with the ads.
I liked the Martin Brundle segments in practice when he went around and got right next to the track and described each corner.

Posts: 9495 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Ricciardo was fast. Mercs struggling. Ferrari in the mix. Really like to see a Merc in the third row.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
FP3, Max fast then finds the wall.
After the red flag Daniel beats him by .001 sec.
That’s rubbing it in.

Posts: 9495 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
Yawn. The annual Monaco parade pretending to be a race.

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At least this week they didn’t show The Traveling Verstappen clan.

I Drink & I Know Things

Posts: 352 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What happened to Vettel? Did he just figure that a safe second was better than risking a win? Maybe Monaco is losing its luster for the drivers and teams, what with it being so difficult to pass, and the special setup required. I hope I'm wrong as Monaco is my favorite race each year, one I never miss, but this year was a yawner, as HuskySig said.

Ricciardo proved his mettle, didn't he? Brought home a sick car without tearing up the tires, won by just enough to prove that today he was the best.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9145 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Wow! @ lap 18 No MGU-K for DannyRic ... amzing he kept it together considering he lost 25% power, and had to save fuel, and manage overheating rear brakes due to no regen braking via mgu-K.

C. Horner was told they had to retire car in 2-3 laps from losing it. Amazing. A.Newey, theF1 whisperer on the podium!

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
Another F1 borefest. Why do I watch?

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Poking my head in to say I tried watching the race today.

Lewis Hamilton is the biggest fucking cry baby. Seems every time I see him not in 1st place, he's whining like a little bitch about something or other being wrong and making excuses before he even finishes the race. What a shitty person.

It was a bit of a pleasure to see how Riccardo handled the power loss and kept his head. Too often we see these high paid "professionals" be anything except..yet he was.

That is all.

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Don't forget, Riccardo did this with no electric power AND 6 gears. He lost 7th and 8th gear in addition to the MGU-K.

As far as Lewis, he will never be my favorite driver and he's a whiner to the extreme. But I will say that he has his heart in the last place. Whenever a driver has died in the last 10 years, he's usually the first donating equipment to get auctioned for the families of the deceased.

But I'm with you, I can't stand him as a driver on race weekend.

Posts: 4157 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I just record the races and never hear all the post race interviews; I always wondered why Hamilton is disliked here. Growing up, I was a Ferrari fan, I feel like I need to cheer for the German cars now—therefore, Lewis Hamilton.

Posts: 13239 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Even after Hamilton cries like a little bitch over the radio and all but blames the team for the car's problems? While he's not doing it as bad as he did at McLaren, he still blames the team that's responsible for his pole position record (let's not pretend if Hamilton and Alonzo switched cars that Lewis would have more poles than Senna) for any little thing that happens during the race.

Posts: 4157 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
I just record the races and never hear all the post race interviews; I always wondered why Hamilton is disliked here. Growing up, I was a Ferrari fan, I feel like I need to cheer for the German cars now—therefore, Lewis Hamilton.

I watched laps 18-fifty something. Every other lap, the commentators had to stop talking while we all listened to Hamilton piss and moan about his tires....the same tires everyone else had. Then we had to listen to him bitch like a pre-teen girl about how someone else was faster than he was. It's not like it could have been his fault....no, it was everyone's fault BUT his. Such a fucking drama queen when shit isn't going his way. Prima Donna all the way.

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Too sick today to dwell on Hamilton so here's my favorite Lew moment from a few years back. Not his worst but entertaining, he had a right to be pissed but really....?

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8330 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
Don't forget, Riccardo did this with no electric power AND 6 gears. He lost 7th and 8th gear in addition to the MGU-K.
<snip>

I'm not really sure what happened re: the top gears.

What C. Horner said in post race interview was that losing the MGU-K was why DR couldn't grab 7th and 8th - not enough HP to use those gears and push through the drag, (then consider the extra braking to get back into the lower set for the corners). Dunno - H. Marko wasn't saying anything re: details ...

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I think the reason he didn't use the top gears was because the lack of top speed meant he wasn't fast enough to use them.
With an 8 speed gearbox the RPM drop between ratios is very small, especially in the top gears.
Monaco has a low top speed anyway so RPM drop is probably as low as 500 in those gears.

Speaking of whiners. Doesn't Lance Stroll sound like a pampered little pussy? He did more whining then everyone else put together. He needs to suck it up and show he's worthy of being there at all. His new inexperienced teammate spanked him this weekend by about .8 seconds a lap, and on a short course. Maybe the car isn't so great but he would be a hard guy to work for and to motivate you to produce a better effort.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Giorgio Piola render of the 2019 aero changes

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/...cing-better-1041188/

Wider/deeper/less complex front wing
Longer/shorter (height) bargeboards
Smaller brake ducting
Wider/taller rear wing with larger DRS opening

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15288 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Looks like everyone will have engine upgrades this weekend. Honda need to make a big push if they want to get Red Bull to make the switch next year.

Lets see if Max has learned his lesson yet and can transform the promise into results. Points wise, he's already taken himself out of the championship hunt. Daniel could have used those points lost at Baku too and has to start with a grid penalty due to an engine change. There will probably be at least another one before the end of the season since we're only a third of the way through.

McLaren need to start showing some progress too. Vandoorne's results are probably more where the car should be and a combination of great driving and some luck have made Fernando's results better than they should be.

Picture of cfiore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
Looks like everyone will have engine upgrades this weekend. Honda need to make a big push if they want to get Red Bull to make the switch next year.

Lets see if Max has learned his lesson yet and can transform the promise into results. Points wise, he's already taken himself out of the championship hunt. Daniel could have used those points lost at Baku too and has to start with a grid penalty due to an engine change. There will probably be at least another one before the end of the season since we're only a third of the way through.

McLaren need to start showing some progress too. Vandoorne's results are probably more where the car should be and a combination of great driving and some luck have made Fernando's results better than they should be.

Merc's engine upgrade has been delayed till France due to a "quality issue." I am not upset and I hope Ferrari bring something of a decent upgrade and make the most of Merc not having theirs.

Posts: 474 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post