SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Formula 1 Discussion
Page 1 ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... 228
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Formula 1 Discussion Login/Join 
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Surprised at the Renault pace. DR put in a good showing.

Bit embarrassing for the Ferrari powered cars

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15257 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Surprised at the Renault pace. DR put in a good showing.

Bit embarrassing for the Ferrari powered cars

Danny Ric was the only plus side of the race. He almost won that bet with Cyril Abiteboul today about getting a podium before he leaves Renault. He's gonna be a beast at McLaren Mercedes next year.

Posts: 4153 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Wow! What did I see, 4 teams ahead of Ferrari in the Manufacturer’s Trophy?!? Renault only 2 points behind them? Racing Point’s pink cars ahead of them? I sincerely hope they’re competitive on their home track.

Posts: 13226 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Fast forwarded through pretty much the whole race. I don't see another constructor challenging Merc any time remotely soon. The series absolutely sucks, back marker battles are whistling past the graveyard.

F1's only hope is putting Max in Bottas's seat. Still no real threats from other teams but I'd watch that. Otherwise, no reason to care.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8327 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
F1's only hope is putting Max in Bottas's seat. Still no real threats from other teams but I'd watch that. Otherwise, no reason to care.

Why? Mercedes wouldn’t let Max race Chinstrap. He’d have to be content with being the second driver for however many more years we have to endure Chinstraps.

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HuskySig:
Mercedes wouldn’t let Max race Chinstrap. He’d have to be content with being the second driver for however many more years we have to endure Chinstraps.

I disagree but we'll never know unless those two go head to head. I'll agree with you in as much as Merc doesn't have the balls to make that happen. With all other teams being lesser, it would be the only meaningful battle in the series. Please, please let me see that battle.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8327 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
Wow! What did I see, 4 teams ahead of Ferrari in the Manufacturer’s Trophy?!? Renault only 2 points behind them? Racing Point’s pink cars ahead of them? I sincerely hope they’re competitive on their home track.

It’s very unlikely to be much better for Ferrari at Monza. It’s a power circuit like Spa.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:

It’s very unlikely to be much better for Ferrari at Monza. It’s a power circuit like Spa.

They said about as much during the broadcast. Definitely odd to see all the Ferrari cars out of the points.
Even Räikkönen was ahead of both Ferraris.

Posts: 15257 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was indeed a snoozer!! I usually look forward to the race at Spa, and Ferrari has a good history there........but not last Sunday!! That was pitiful to say the least. Sainz has got to be questioning his latest decision.

Posts: 6613 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GT-40DOC:
It was indeed a snoozer!! I usually look forward to the race at Spa, and Ferrari has a good history there........but not last Sunday!! That was pitiful to say the least. Sainz has got to be questioning his latest decision.

Looking like Sainz may end up wit ha Ricciardo/Renault scenario for 2021. Ferrari has some work to do.

Definitely looking forward to Ric in a McLaren/Merc next year.

I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
So how much of Ferrari's problem is the disorganized team or the "Double Secret Probation" Terms the FIA have them on fudging the engine regulations last year?

Posts: 4153 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
So how much of Ferrari's problem is the disorganized team or the "Double Secret Probation" Terms the FIA have them on fudging the engine regulations last year?

It’s almost all related to the engine, not only directly, but also indirectly. They designed the 2020 car to have more downforce for the slow speed sections, with the thought that the power of their engine would minimize the penalty on the straights. But now that the engine power has been clipped considerably, they’re stuck with a draggy car that they can’t power past on high speed circuits like Spa (and probably Monza).

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Clearly the engine is most of the problem as shown by the Alfa and Haas performances. All are at the back right now.
The surprising part is that the customer cars are also as fast or faster than the factory cars at a fraction of the budget and generally lesser drivers. Sure would be interesting to know what was changed in the engines since last fall.
If Mattia is still at the helm 1/1/21 then that will really be a mystery.

Posts: 9491 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
Clearly the engine is most of the problem as shown by the Alfa and Haas performances. All are at the back right now.
The surprising part is that the customer cars are also as fast or faster than the factory cars at a fraction of the budget and generally lesser drivers. Sure would be interesting to know what was changed in the engines since last fall.
If Mattia is still at the helm 1/1/21 then that will really be a mystery.

Maybe the works Ferrari just that 'draggy'?
Further evidenced by Williams. Mercedes & Racing Point are at the front the & 'draggy' Williams is languishing in the rear.

posted Hide Post
quote:
So I take it Claire will be gone in a year or two if they are carrying out a "detailed review."

Williams family to step aside from running of the team after Italian GP

Posts: 2539 | Location: KY | Registered: October 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by senza nome:
quote:
So I take it Claire will be gone in a year or two if they are carrying out a "detailed review."

Williams family to step aside from running of the team after Italian GP

That’s pretty immediate, not even letting Claire finish the season. Nothing is going to change for Williams this year, so not sure why they did it, except to make a point that they’re in charge now.

Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
They did it because Claire's management was dragging them down and nothing would change while she's still around.
She took a team that could still win races and brought it to near extinction. Sad for her father, I'm sure as he must have wanted it to stay in the family when he let her take over.

Posts: 9491 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
I would feel sorry for Williams, but they did it to themselves. I'd use the rest of the year as a test session to figure out the good parts of the team and the parts that need to go away.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
The article states that they wanted to keep Claire onboard, but she is leaving by her own will (whether that's corporate nice-speak, who knows).

Hopefully the team doesn't morph into something new completely.

Wondering if the family kept a minority stake in the team or sold outright.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
The article states that they wanted to keep Claire onboard, but she is leaving by her own will (whether that's corporate nice-speak, who knows).

Hopefully the team doesn't morph into something new completely.

Wondering if the family kept a minority stake in the team or sold outright.

If the new owners wanted her to stay wouldn't they have written it into the contract?

Posts: 2539 | Location: KY | Registered: October 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post