SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Formula 1 Discussion, '17 and beyond.
Page 1 ... 31 32 33 34

Moderators: parabellum
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Formula 1 Discussion, '17 and beyond. Login/Join 
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Hamilton has won six times in Canada, not building my weekend around this race.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 4808 | Location: Columbia, Illinois | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Canada - who all remembers precisely where you were during this crash? I do, and thought I had just seen the first fatality in 13 years.

I still can't believe he wasn't injured any worse than he was, in many ways. That was just brutal.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hW5MpdA5Cg

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 8382 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
That was pre me getting back into F1, but Eek that's a gnarly looking shunt. Amazing that it was minor injuries & he was only out for 1 race.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 5782 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
I'm not seeing quali listed. ESPN2 has free practice 3 and the race, maybe things will change in the next couple of days.

Posts: 4808 | Location: Columbia, Illinois | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
I'm not seeing quali listed. ESPN2 has free practice 3 and the race, maybe things will change in the next couple of days.

FP1: ESPNU
FP2: ESPNU
FP3: ESPN2
Quali: ESPNews
Race: ABC live / ESPN2 Monday

Posts: 5782 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:

Thanks, that's right, I forgot that I'd set up the DVR for ABC race coverage. I don't have ESPNews. Crazy quilt coverage is a mess.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:

Thanks, that's right, I forgot that I'd set up the DVR for ABC race coverage. I don't have ESPNews. Crazy quilt coverage is a mess.

Agreed, the coverage jumps around a bit.
That's why I went with YouTubeTV, I get almost full coverage of each race.
We cut the cord on cable last year & tried YT & PSVue. Really wasn't a fan of the PSVue interface, and YTTV has the app on my new TV, so stuck with that one.

women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
I'm happy with the result, but yawn!

Posts: 10226 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Three DRS zones and almost no passing, yep, zzzzz....

thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
I may have napped 10 laps or so.....

And could we please stop letting VIP idiots hold a flag? Ever!??

Posts: 8382 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
F1 2018 - Back to the Future Smile

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eAhik4EhSk

Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
The race itself wasn't very exciting except for the first lap, maybe the first few corners. After that the passes were all tactical exercises, when to pit, when to go faster, etc.
The result did bring the points race closer. Max finally had a good weekend and McLaren really have some work to do. If not for his recent mechanical DNF's, Fernando would be at the lead of the pack behind the front 3 teams. Now they are even having reliability problems. Without him they would be back much closer to Williams.

Posts: 4048 | Location: North GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
The race itself wasn't very exciting except for the first lap, maybe the first few corners. After that the passes were all tactical exercises, when to pit, when to go faster, etc.
The result did bring the points race closer. Max finally had a good weekend and McLaren really have some work to do. If not for his recent mechanical DNF's, Fernando would be at the lead of the pack behind the front 3 teams. Now they are even having reliability problems. Without him they would be back much closer to Williams.

Agreed, aside from the Stroll/Hartley incident, more of a parade than Monaco.
Thought Bottas was going to close the gap at the end, until he fumbled T1/2.

Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
Set the DVR to record F1. What I got was the qualifying, no race recording. And, it turns out, the qualifying was better than any race I've watched in recent history.

------------------------------
Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 2451 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sailor1911:
Set the DVR to record F1. What I got was the qualifying, no race recording. And, it turns out, the qualifying was better than any race I've watched in recent history.

It was on ABC this weekend. Probably will be in TX as well.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
quote:
Originally posted by Sailor1911:

It was on ABC this weekend. Probably will be in TX as well.

Yep, with a replay on ESPN2 today.

TX, I'll get to see live from T4 Cool