This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/720601935/m/4930026714

January 12, 2021, 09:27 AM
holdem
Formula 1 Discussion
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
Grosjean's hands

Worse than I realized. Click on pic for bigger, not for the squeamish.

And that's a recent picture. Damn, that looks really painful.
January 12, 2021, 11:24 AM
220-9er
Burns suck.
I've never had any that bad but even more minor ones take a really long time for the red to go away as the tissue under the surface is also damaged, just to a lesser degree.

January 13, 2021, 02:12 PM
P250UA5
Brazil to move up a week. Triple-header COTA, Mexico City, Interlagos.

Australia to slot in between Brazil & Saudi GPs.

The Enemy's gate is down.
January 13, 2021, 06:38 PM
HuskySig
Has Chinstrap won the 2021 Driver's World Championship yet?
January 13, 2021, 07:05 PM
P250UA5
quote:
Originally posted by HuskySig:

In what car? He's technically 'unemployed' (or, without a car to drive) at the moment.

January 13, 2021, 07:19 PM
HuskySig
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
quote:
Originally posted by HuskySig:

In what car? He's technically 'unemployed' (or, without a car to drive) at the moment.

True, but do you really think the Germans are going to let Sir Chinstrap, the only POC on the grid, go?
January 14, 2021, 11:39 AM
P250UA5
Wink

I guess Japanese (Tsunoda) & Mexican (Perez) doesn't count toward POC.

January 14, 2021, 03:50 PM
P250UA5
Alpine A521 Winter Testing Livery

And a look at an LM car for an idea of what the official livery could be similar to:

January 14, 2021, 06:59 PM
220-9er
At quick glance you would think it's a Haas.
Hopefully they'll come up with something much better and distinctive.
Not that much to talk about right now. One of the larger questions is if the all new Ferrari engine will be a big improvement. All three teams suffered last year so a significant improvement will shake up the order a lot.
Other than that, Hamilton's contract seems to be the only other news and there really isn't any from a reliable source right now. Hard to see him sitting the season out and letting Russell come in really risks damage to his reputation if he's successful as a replacement.

January 14, 2021, 07:53 PM
P250UA5
If Hamilton doesn't sign a contract, I expect he'll retire.
Once Russell is in that car, they'll have little incentive to bring Lewis back.

Valtteri + George salary = significantly less than Hamilton alone.
Bottas supposedly 7.5M, Russell I'd guess around 2-5M.

January 14, 2021, 08:32 PM
HuskySig
Sir Chinstrap has knightly things to do now. Hopefully he takes up jousting!
January 25, 2021, 03:50 PM
GT-40DOC
I just read where Jenson Buttons is now working for Williams as a senior consultant.....whatever that may be. He says that he will not be spending time in the new F1 car, but likely in the older cars. I wish him well.
January 25, 2021, 06:20 PM
P250UA5
JB also launched an Extreme E team.

February 08, 2021, 05:49 AM
petr
I was hoping Mercedes would give Pissy Pants a big FU and sign someone else.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/a...K1mDNn775nluEmb.html
February 08, 2021, 09:50 AM
P250UA5
Just a 1 year deal.
Wondering if MB put their foot down on all of LH's demands & gave him a "take it or leave it" option.

February 08, 2021, 01:59 PM
HuskySig
Bummer
February 08, 2021, 02:17 PM
P250UA5
Newest rumor I read (from a user on another forum) is: Ham/Bot out for '22 & Ver/Rus in.

Not too sure about that one. Hamilton only getting a 1 yr deal, definitely makes him sound like he's not long for the team.
Bot/Rus would be a good pairing, combined cheaper than LH alone & should produce consistent results (current performance as the gauge).
Ver tends to bring some tension to a team, and Wolff likes a calm/stable team environment (As we have with LH/VB).

February 08, 2021, 03:54 PM
220-9er
I can't see Verstappen and Russell as that has the potential to be more friction than Hamilton & Rosberg.
One more year and Lewis could go away with the all time number of championships plus race wins record. I don't completely understand the math but the salary cap will soon be in place too. Add to that the uncertainty of the 2022 rules.
Russell can't be kept on hold forever so how about this one for a complete wildcard.
Russell and Perez (for a reliable points earner) or continue with Bottas for 2022. Before his Red Bull signing, Perez said he could sit a year out and he had a 2022 deal with a competitive team already lined up. Maybe the ultimate competitive team.
I don't see Lewis wanting to go up against Russell as there's no upside. He already knows pretty well how they stack up in the same car due to prior years testing data and last years one race. If he beats Russell everyone will say, so what. If he doesn't, his legacy would be in major jeopardy.

February 08, 2021, 06:34 PM
9mmepiphany
I'd like to see Russell and Perez in the Merc with Yuki Tsunoda stepping up to fill Perez' spot at RB

No, Daoism isn't a religion

February 09, 2021, 09:15 AM
220-9er
Another potential interesting twist in the plot. Suppose VB gets Covid this season.
Will George still get the call to line up next to Lewis, giving a direct comparison or will he be unavailable for some reason and their official 3rd driver gets the call?
I guess that's why Toto gets paid the big bucks.