SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Formula 1 Discussion
Page 1 ... 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 ... 227
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Formula 1 Discussion Login/Join 
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Lew claims he is driving wounded, Covid effects still bothering him. If he's really a team player he would help Bottas against Max.
Albon qualified decent for once, about .3 off Max, and Lando is nearby too. Both need to move forward, not fade, but especially Albon.
Perez starting in the back but with a new power unit. Can Stroll stay ahead of him?
I just hope it's a good and interesting race to end the season. This track isn't known for much passing.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Nothing to lose for a lot of the grid.

Bottas needs to top Max to secure 2nd WDC
Still a fight for 3rd in the WCC.

Otherwise, I expect some risks to be taken.

Surprisingly opening laps. Not the order I expected. Surprising pace from the leader.

Bit of a procession of a race. Max had it in his pocket all day. The Mercs just looked 2nd rate today.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: P250UA5,

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15151 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
96 days to Melbourne FP1

Posts: 15151 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
Going to miss the Sainz and Norris pairing at the Papaya. They really did the work as a team and delivered on 3rd in Constructors. Verstappen is quick, have to believe Albon will be out of F1. Stroll will be outclassed by Vettel, should have kept Perez. Norris and Ricciardo will be a strong pairing, hope they continue to grow with Merc next season. Sainz and LeClerc is a good pairing, but Ferrari has a culture and performance problem and not sure which will be harder to fix.

Here is hoping 2021 returns to normal and the Mercs are proven mortal.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
When even the announcers are calling it boring, you KNOW it sucked!

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12348 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
I don't know. I thought it was an average Abu Dhabi race. What would make someone think it would finally produce a good race this year?

Posts: 4129 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Watched it, the track is impressive, has the boat piers so you can back up your Mega Yacht ala Monaco, the design of the buildings and all are very Dubai....

There was not much wheel to wheel racing, not that there ever is in F1 anymore, Get the pole, get to the first corner and if you don't break down or have a pit problem it's hard to get past for a win...

When they spend at least half the broadcast watching the 15-16 place cars battle for position, well, says a lot about the race.

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am really hoping that Ferrari finds some horsepower for next year, as those two drivers will make good use of it. Perez needs to be driving a Red Bull next year.

Posts: 6600 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
https://www.formula1.com/en/la...AyfzAjVHT3PfVBd.html

quote:

2020 has served up one final big driver market move, with the news that Sergio Perez will replace Alex Albon as Max Verstappen’s Red Bull team mate in 2021. Albon, whose position had been under consideration for some time, will step back to become the team’s test and reserve driver, with a particular focus on 2022.

Having lost his drive at Aston Martin (nee Racing Point) to Sebastian Vettel earlier in the year, it looked like Perez might have to spend 2021 on the side-lines, even after his spectacular maiden win in Sakhir.

But in a move that will likely cause more celebrations in the streets in Perez’s native Mexico, Red Bull have opted to snap up the services of the 30-year-old on an initial one-year deal, as they bid to take the fight to Mercedes next year in machinery that will be largely similar to that used in 2020.

“Alex is a valued member of the Team and we thought long and hard about this decision," said Christian Horner. "Having taken our time to evaluate all the relevant data and performances we have decided that Sergio is the right driver to partner Max for 2021 and look forward to welcoming him to Red Bull Racing.

"Alex remains an important part of our Team as Test and Reserve Driver with a key focus on 2022 development and we would like to thank him for his hard work and contribution.”

Perez has proved himself one of F1’s fastest and most consistent performers during his 10-year stint in Grand Prix racing, scoring 10 podiums and one victory, despite never enjoying truly front-running equipment.

"The chance to race for a championship contending team is something I have been hoping for since I joined F1," said the Mexican, "and it will be a proud moment to step onto the grid in Red Bull colours."

A former Ferrari academy driver, Perez’s career has taken him from Sauber to McLaren to Force India/Racing Point across 191 starts. The fourth place he achieved in this year’s drivers’ standings represents his best ever placing and was achieved despite missing two races due to contracting Covid-19.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Stoked for Checo.
Probably the strongest RBR pairing since Daniel/Max. Gasly & Albon couldn't get close to Max on pace.

'21 could prove to be an exciting year.
-Hoping Bottas can really put the fight to Hamilton.
-RBR should be a strong contender if they don't lose the pace they've gained throughout this season.
-McLaren going to MBZ PUs, as long as they can get that all sorted, with how good their car was this year, with the extra MB power, should put them a solid 3rd. Excited to see Ricciardo there.
-Curious what the Leclerc/Sainz pairing will deliver.

thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Not long until 2021 season, and that's a nice lagniappe as we leave 2020.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12348 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
Not long until 2021 season, and that's a nice lagniappe as we leave 2020.

91 days to Melbourne FP1

Need to look up when winter testing is taking place.

Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Should be interesting to see how close Perez gets or if yet another driver loses his reputation to an impossible situation. He had mentioned having something already lined up for 2022 and the contract is for one year.
Also interested to see if Vettel regains his form in a Mercedes copy at a better funded Racing Point next year. Toto will be motivated to bumping them up towards the front of the line and also is now one third owner of the Mercedes team. He looks to be making all the right moves right now.
Next years Ferrari powered teams are also a wild card as a new unit is on the way. All three teams were seriously effected this year by the loss of power.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Wolff signed a 3 year deal to continue on as TP.
Ineos took a 1/3 stake in the team. Daimler reduced their share to 1/3 & Wolff upped his to make the 3 equal partners.

It will be interesting if Seb returns to form, could be a feeder to a Ham/Vet pairing at MBZ?

Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Some unattributed sour grapes I've run across. Search if you need more.

As Russell was excelling at Sakhir, Hammy was tweeting throughout but offered nothing on Russel during or after.

Hammy wasn't quite up to snuff at Abu Dhabi, still a little sick dontcha know?

Little Lew Lew said his car wasn't quite the same as it was before Russell's stint the week before.

Toto has a contract bargaining chip with LH, Russell has shown that the car is the primary factor in the team's success.

So, of course, the pit straight at Silverstone will now bear Hamilton's name. Or should I say Sir Lewis Hamilton?

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Toto has given interviews saying those kind of tactics would be unfair to Hamilton as he sees the Mercedes F1 Team as a "family." If that means anything or not, we'll find out.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
I take that as Toto acknowledging it's a thing.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
I think this is recently but who cares?

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpulR1SJGgM

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Hearing Piettro Fittipaldi may be joining HAAS as Mazepin is shown the door?

Nothing official yet...

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
Hearing Piettro Fittipaldi may be joining HAAS as Mazepin is shown the door?

Nothing official yet...

I’d be surprised if Haas gives up all that sweet Russian money because the kid grabbed a boob.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post